Texas Edition Emblem Placement

I couldn't find pictures of the Texas Edition listed on Chevrolet's website anywhere but it lists it as a $1,995 option that says it includes:

• Texas Edition badging
  • Chrome mirror caps and chrome door handles with LTZ trim
  • Trailering Package, locking differential and 20" polished-aluminum wheels on LT models
  • 20" chrome wheels and Bose® Sound speakers on LTZ models

I have the LTZ model with everything it mentions but lacking the badging because I both lease and drive it in NY and to the best of my knowledge it's an option only avilable if delivered in Texas. I thought it would be a cheap add on to separate mine from others around here without doing anything crazy that would affect my lease terms. There are sellers on eBay and Amazon selling them. Since I have all the equipment anyway, why not?

The 2015 Texas Edition's removes 'S I L V E R A D O' from the front driver and passenger side door and replaces it with the emblem. The 2014's have both the Texas edition logo and Silverado spelled out. I think I'd do the 2014 setup so it's an easy remove if I decide not to buyout at the end of my lease and the dealership gives me any crap about it.

Does anyone know the proper placement/measurements of where it's to be placed? I can't find a good close up picture. I would want it to look as authentic as possible if I decide to do it.

My 2014 LT ,DC Texas Edition does not have "Silverado" on the doors.

Al

Guess I was mistaken. Maybe they changed it later in the model year.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Guess I was mistaken. Maybe they changed it later in the model year.

They Changed it around October 2013. My neighbors Sierra is a Texas Edition and has Sierra and Texas Edition on the doors. His is a 07/13 build. Mine is a 10/13 build and only has the Texas Edition badge on the doors.

They Changed it around October 2013. My neighbors Sierra is a Texas Edition and has Sierra and Texas Edition on the doors. His is a 07/13 build. Mine is a 10/13 build and only has the Texas Edition badge on the doors.

Yup, exactly...mine is a Texas Edition LTZ built in August 2013 and I HAD both...at my first oil change noticed they were delivering without "Silverado" and liked the look, so I removed it and only Texas Edition remains. However, mine is unique because I just removed "Silverado" and did not reposition the Texas Edition badge. :chevrolet:

Here's mine before mod...

post-106333-0-69348500-1440623243_thumb.jpg

post-106333-0-72418800-1440635470_thumb.jpg

Yup, exactly...mine is a Texas Edition LTZ built in August 2013 and I HAD both...at my first oil change noticed they were delivering without "Silverado" and liked the look, so I removed it and only Texas Edition remains. However, mine is unique because I just removed "Silverado" and did not reposition the Texas Edition badge. :chevrolet:

attachicon.gifIMG_0942.jpg

From your picture it would appear the 'S' in Texas is lined up with the 'O' in Silverado. From what you can remember, is that an accurate statement?

Then on the driver's side the 'T' was lined up with the 'S' in Silverado?

FYI, the same package outside of Texas is called the All Star Edition.

Sorry bigsapper, according to the Silverado builder there are clearly differences. Plus the All Star Edition is not available on the LTZ trim.

Texas_edition.jpg

All_Star_Edition.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0942.jpg

Good color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your picture it would appear the 'S' in Texas is lined up with the 'O' in Silverado. From what you can remember, is that an accurate statement?

Then on the driver's side the 'T' was lined up with the 'S' in Silverado?

Yup...Take another look at my post above. I found the driver side pic to match the passenger side for you...

Take another look at my post above. I found the driver side pic to match the passenger side for you...

Thanks for that!

Archived