Dome light OFF/DOOR/ON switch not working and Left turn indicator fail

The first issue is the puddle/domelight's. I first noticed the issue when the puddle lights were flickering when the unlock button was pushed or the door was opened. Also, the interior dome lights would not come on when the door was opened. I've pushed the overhead switch to the on position and sometimes they would flash on quickly and shut off, but most of the time not come on at all. The dome lights come on when the individual buttons are pushed, but not at all with the overhead switch. Anyone know where the fuse is that controls the overhead switch?

My second issue is with the left turn signal. On the DIC I got a turn indicator failure for the left rear. The indications are with the blinker activation, the mirror/dash blinker lights will flash normal for about three seconds and then pulse quickly, followed by DIC message. *edit* Brake lights (left) also done activate.

My first action was replacing the bulbs, however that did not fix the problem. When I returned home, I troubleshot the bulbs by placing the lighting switch from auto to running lights and the lights came on, so I know the bulbs harness and wiring are working perfectly fine. I have checked the fuses in the engine compartment, number 14 I believe which is labeled trailer stop/left turn I believe. Any ideas on this issue?

I would like to troubleshoot the issues prior to taking it to the dealer under warranty 30 mins away.

Edited by Adam P.B.

Instrument panel fuse block (right) fuse 45 "body control module 6" removes power from dome light when I had them singularly turned on with their independent switch. Zero fuses are blown, maybe that issue is isolated to the switch.

I took the truck in today and got it diagnosed. The diode mod, performed exactly like the steps in this forum, somehow shorted out my BCM. I can't believe that would have done it, considering several other things that BCM controls work without issue. Well, new BCM and programming repair will cost one $675 dollars, all because I forgot to take out the damn diode before going to the dealership. Hard life lessons.

sidenote: I also performed the footwell lights modification and I'm certain this somehow factored into the equation.

I just removed the bcm and there are no chared areas or visible broken solders. If the bcm shorted out, wouldn't I be able to see something on the circuit board? Can any trained eyes spot any areas of interest where I can snap a closer photo to post.

With everyone who has had zero issues with the diode mod, I find it hard to believe this is the case. I think they saw the mod and blamed it all on that right away.

You think my fog light mod truely causes my issue?

Other side

post-142734-0-29597400-1465870140_thumb.jpeg

post-142734-0-40490000-1465870403_thumb.jpeg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, Lazorith James Vaughn said:

My dome lights aren't working without manual operation of the buttons.. neither is the door chime when door is open/seatbelt/yadda yadda.. and.. neither if my.,.. Dun Dun Dunnn.. Left Rear Tail light!

What did you do to repair, please?

Did you ever find the resolution to your issue?  I'm having the same no left turn/brake and no dome lights/chime when door open as well, just had the BCM replaced at the dealership, the issue is still there...

• 7 months later...