Washers not working?

Have a 2016 LT and I went to use the washers and they aren't working. Fluid is full and don't hear the pump when holding the button. Any ideas where I should check before I let the dealership mess with it?

Dealer. My 2015 early build HD had a dead pump at 687 miles. If you are under warranty, you yourself should never have to mess with it. Its their job to fix it and GM's responsibility to pay for it.

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 1

Yeah, let the dealer worry about it. What do you hope to gain from your question? Get a bunch of hypotheticals to take to the dealer to tell them waht you think the issue is.

Well, I was hoping to maybe gain a quick and easy solution instead of having to go through the hassle of making an appt, finding someone to follow me up there or having to take 3-4 hrs of vacation time to sit and wait at the dealership all for what could have been an easy fix.

However, since I still need to do the airbag recall, I'm going to have them look at it while doing that.

Edited by bndawgs

Hello bndawgs,

I hope you’re enjoying your truck to its fullest. However, I’m saddened to hear about this windshield washer concern you seem to be experiencing. If you’d like us to look into this further, please send a private message including your VIN.

Sincerely,

Anthony J.

GM Customer Care

Have a 2016 LT and I went to use the washers and they aren't working. Fluid is full and don't hear the pump when holding the button. Any ideas where I should check before I let the dealership mess with it?

Why couldn't they come pick it up from you from work? My chevy dealer will do that. They will come pick it up just for an oil change if I want them to

tbh, i haven't really bothered it with it too much as it's not a pressing issue and i have other things going. but i do plan on going to the dealer this week to have them look at it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like my washer pump may be dead too. :(  I am still under warranty but dread having to deal with the dealership.  Looks like the pump is about $20.  I may just order it and do it myself.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Looks like my washer pump may be dead too. :(  I am still under warranty but dread having to deal with the dealership.  Looks like the pump is about $20.  I may just order it and do it myself.

Yeah, I hate dealing with the dealership also.

They are just a pain, last time they left grease & grim all over the truck, changed my oil without my asking, I had just changed it the day before and told them I didn’t want anything but the tire rotation & balance. But they did it anyway, and they take forever. Just hate going to dealership. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Huh? What? Isn’t this the time when you usually do a upgrade of some sort there’s got to be something? I’d like a heated washer fluid system but since your in Texas and since it didn’t really work out for GM the last time they tried I’m guessing that’s out? 

• Like 1

Huh? What? Isn’t this the time when you usually do a upgrade of some sort there’s got to be something? I’d like a heated washer fluid system but since your in Texas and since it didn’t really work out for GM the last time they tried I’m guessing that’s out? 

Ask @Tinkering Fox about his heated washer fluid for his headlights he did :). Sorry Tinkering Fox. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually meant to send that this morning. I have everything I need to install them on my wife’s truck now as well so I’ll shoot the video when I do that. I drilled an extra hole in my grill and I don’t like the way it looks so her truck’s upgrade is soon to come....

• 9 months later...

So this is an older topic but in my search on the internet seems to be a fairly common problem that maybe GM needs to do a recall on?  I have a 2016 GMC Sierra and just noticed today that my washers don't work.  Fuse is OK and I don't hear the pump run when I turn it on.  So looking like I need to replace the pump.  I don't think I have ever had to replace a windshield washer pump on a car in my life let a lone a 3 year old vehicle with 30,000 miles.  Unfortunately my warranty was up in May due to time.  So I get to fix it myself.  Seems like a cheap enough part and maybe that's the problem but it that many are breaking I would think GM would take a closer look.  Either way, does anyone have instructions on how to replace this?  Looks like I get to tear some stuff apart to access it.  Thanks.