can anyone verify plug and play on Tahoe? This forum has been more useful than Tahoe forums lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read through the posts and while it seems that it would be Plug and Play, a member indicated that puddle lamps don't work. So while you'll have it Plug and Play for power Fold, adjust, turn, etc... Puddle Lamps might need to be wired.

Edited by pgamboa

Just completed install of my DL3 Mirrors using pgamboa's harnesses. It was a very straightforward install, and Phil provides great support and documentation to help you along the way. The only issue I ran into involved the swapping of my black painted mirror caps, onto the DL3's, which had chrome caps. The tabs on the chrome caps seem to be very brittle, and broke on both sides. The black painted caps came off and went back on without issue. Thanks for all your hard work getting these harnesses done!

2016 Black CrewCab ShortBed LT ZZ1

• Like 2

Just completed install of my DL3 Mirrors using pgamboa's harnesses. It was a very straightforward install, and Phil provides great support and documentation to help you along the way. The only issue I ran into involved the swapping of my black painted mirror caps, onto the DL3's, which had chrome caps. The tabs on the chrome caps seem to be very brittle, and broke on both sides. The black painted caps came off and went back on without issue. Thanks for all your hard work getting these harnesses done!

2016 Black CrewCab ShortBed LT ZZ1

Thank You for sharing your success story and feedback!

For anyone else looking to upgrade their mirrors, PM me for a set of PnP Harnesses.

I have to thank pgamboa for all his research and help! I went the easy route and purchased pgamboa's made harnesses. I have to tell you that they look OEM, straight out of the factory. I replaced the driver's side and passenger side harnesses with the new ones. Installed the DL3 mirrors, plugged them in and everything worked perfectly!

This was on my 2015 Silverado 1500 LT

The one issue I had was that I did not disconnect the battery before I replaced the harnesses. Once I hooked everything up I did not have function for three windows from the driver's side control. The driver's window worked. This ended up being a blown fuse (#8).

Besides that everything went smoothly and easily thanks to pgamboa! Thank you very much!

Next up is the auto-dim rear view mirror. Hopefully this goes as smoothly as the DL3 upgrade.

• Like 2

I have to thank pgamboa for all his research and help! I went the easy route and purchased pgamboa's made harnesses. I have to tell you that they look OEM, straight out of the factory. I replaced the driver's side and passenger side harnesses with the new ones. Installed the DL3 mirrors, plugged them in and everything worked perfectly!

This was on my 2015 Silverado 1500 LT

The one issue I had was that I did not disconnect the battery before I replaced the harnesses. Once I hooked everything up I did not have function for three windows from the driver's side control. The driver's window worked. This ended up being a blown fuse (#8).

Besides that everything went smoothly and easily thanks to pgamboa! Thank you very much!

Next up is the auto-dim rear view mirror. Hopefully this goes as smoothly as the DL3 upgrade.

you got some pics of how they turned out? Been debating on doing this for my 2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition

2015 1500 Silverado Midnight Edition

First, great job with the write up and the service you offer.

I have a 2017 Sierra SLT, AT, 6.2L that has DL3 and A45 RPO codes. I swapped to the DQS mirrors, tried the stock door harness first and everything worked but the LED rear flood lights and the amber lights worked as puddle lights.

I swapped to new harnesses 23342727 and 23342716 which got the rear floods lights and amber lights working right, but lost power fold, memory, power mirror's, and memory seats with those harnesses.

Those harnesses are supposed to be the proper ones listed in that chart floating around for the 2016 year with my RPO codes. Well they don't work and a BCM upgrade won't fix it either.

With the stock harnesses, maybe the BCM update would correct the LED and amber light not working, but not sure what the BCM update actually does.

Needles to say I switched back to the stock harnesses for now. If anyone wants to know the part number from my 2017 stock harness it is 23342732 LH, and 23342722 RH. Those allowed full DL3/A45 functionality.

I would think mine should be the same as Black Denali Canad's setup he did, how did you guys get the rear LED's and ambers to work?

Edited by DLW66

I have a 2017 Sierra SLT, AT, 6.2L that has DL3 and A45 RPO codes. I swapped to the DQS mirrors, tried the stock door harness first and everything worked but the LED rear flood lights and the amber lights worked as puddle lights.

This is the case because Pin #1 on the X510 Connector is optioned for either Puddle Lamp or Park Lamps (amber). Since you used the stock harness, the amber lights worked as puddle lamps (only coming on at night, when unlocking the door) and the Cargo Lights (white LED) didn't because Pin #2 is optioned for Auto Dimming.

I swapped to new harnesses 23342727 and 23342716 which got the rear floods lights and amber lights working right, but lost power fold, memory, power mirror's, and memory seats with those harnesses.

Those harnesses are supposed to be the proper ones listed in that chart floating around for the 2016 year with my RPO codes. Well they don't work and a BCM upgrade won't fix it either.

With the stock harnesses, maybe the BCM update would correct the LED and amber light not working, but not sure what the BCM update actually does.

The difference between the stock harness and these you installed is how the lighting circuits are pinned and routed. I'm gonna take a stab at this and say that this harness set is the correct harness for towing mirrors, but designed for use without Seat Memory A45. Part #s interchange and its hard to keep up with it all. I actually have a 3" binder with each harness part# and their respective circuits documented.

I'd LOVE to be able to compare the differences (other than the lighting) to see why you lost power fold, mirror adjust, and memory seats. My gut tells me that Serial Data Circuit #8 (which is a requirement for A45) is missing from the new harness set and would be consistent with this harness not being compatible for A45 Trucks.

Needles to say I switched back to the stock harnesses for now. If anyone wants to know the part number from my 2017 stock harness it is 23342732 LH, and 23342722 RH. Those allowed full DL3/A45 functionality.

​If you are up to it, I have a set of 23342732 and 23342722 harnesses that I can modify for you with the correct lighting circuits that should make your mirrors fully functional. I would offer you a discounted price in exchange for the return of both your stock harness set and the new harnesses you tried using (if my custom harness works of course). If interested, PM me.

I would think mine should be the same as Black Denali Canad's setup he did, how did you guys get the rear LED's and ambers to work?

Black Denali Canada used the same harness part #s as you. 23342727 and 23342722. According to the Retrofit Chart, these are the updated part #s that replaced 23171564 and 23171567 referenced on the chart for 2016 DL3/A45 Trucks. Would like to see these myself as well to compare with other equivalent DL3/A45 Harness Sets.

Edited by pgamboa

This is the case because Pin #1 on the X510 Connector is optioned for either Puddle Lamp or Park Lamps (amber). Since you used the stock harness, the amber lights worked as puddle lamps (only coming on at night, when unlocking the door) and the Cargo Lights (white LED) didn't because Pin #2 is optioned for Auto Dimming.

The difference between the stock harness and these you installed is how the lighting circuits are pinned and routed. I'm gonna take a stab at this and say that this harness set is the correct harness for towing mirrors, but designed for use without Seat Memory A45. Part #s interchange and its hard to keep up with it all. I actually have a 3" binder with each harness part# and their respective circuits documented.

I'd LOVE to be able to compare the differences (other than the lighting) to see why you lost power fold, mirror adjust, and memory seats. My gut tells me that Serial Data Circuit #8 (which is a requirement for A45) is missing from the new harness set and would be consistent with this harness not being compatible for A45 Trucks.

​If you are up to it, I have a set of 23342732 and 23342722 harnesses that I can modify for you with the correct lighting circuits that should make your mirrors fully functional. I would offer you a discounted price in exchange for the return of both your stock harness set and the new harnesses you tried using (if my custom harness works of course). If interested, PM me.

Black Denali Canada used the same harness part #s as you. 23342727 and 23342722. According to the Retrofit Chart, these are the updated part #s that replaced 23171564 and 23171567 referenced on the chart for 2016 DL3/A45 Trucks. Would like to see these myself as well to compare with other equivalent DL3/A45 Harness Sets.

I wonder why the Same part # would be different ? You think maybe this is why the "memory module calibration" is listed as an option ?

I wonder why the Same part # would be different ? You think maybe this is why the "memory module calibration" is listed as an option ?

Possibly - There are some disclosures specifically about HD trucks needing a memory module calibration. Here's the deal though. He didn't change anything except the harnesses out. The fact that Seat Memory worked after reinstalling the Stock harnesses tells me a circuit is missing in the new harness that is present in the stock harness. Which is why I would love to physically inspect it.

I thought the two harnesses I used (23342727 and 23342716) superseded part numbers 23171567 and 23171597?

Those harnesses say they are for DL3/A45. However your explanation makes since, except in Black Denali Canada's case where he used the same harness part numbers as me and also has A45 code.

At any rate, I like your idea of sending me a couple modified 23342732 and 23342722 stock harnesses to replace mine, might be the easiest solution and I can send you back the 4 harnesses I have. I'll PM you about this.

I am an expert at removing the door panels and replacing the harnesses now anyway :)..

• Like 1

I thought the two harnesses I used (23342727 and 23342716) superseded part numbers 23171567 and 23171597?

Those harnesses say they are for DL3/A45. However your explanation makes since, except in Black Denali Canada's case where he used the same harness part numbers as me and also has A45 code.

At any rate, I like your idea of sending me a couple modified 23342732 and 23342722 stock harnesses to replace mine, might be the easiest solution and I can send you back the 4 harnesses I have. I'll PM you about this.

I am an expert at removing the door panels and replacing the harnesses now anyway :)..

Take a photo of the new part # harnesses and add it here showing the connectors / wires. Maybe we can see what's missing !

• Like 1

I can definately do that, but if there is something missing then GM has a major issue here with the same part numbers having different pin outs. Obviously something is strange though.

BTW, I tried both mirror types, DPN and DQS, no different, but obviously the DPN does not have power fold.

One good thing, I was able to take the black covers off the DPN mirrors and put them on my DQS mirrors replacing the chrome pieces as they didn't look right on my AT.

So, I have to off these DPN's now with chrome covers...But it was worth a try since the DPN's were an actual option for the GMC sierra 1500's.