If you did nothing, you would only have Heated and Mirror Adjust. If you get my custom harness, you will gain turn signal, Cargo Lamps, and Park Lamps. If you get Towing Mirrors with power Fold, you will gain power Fold (requires fold switch 23154702). This would be Plug and Play. Remove your existing harness, install my custom harness.... and you'd be done.

If you are a DIY kind of person, you can get my DIY Kit. The will include all you need to modify your existing harnesses. This involves unwrapping the harness, inserting the pre-terminated wires, rewrap. The time lapse shows the process of harness modification.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm a DIY guy but not sure how much I like electical so I would most likely buy your harnesses. How are these for mirrors?

https://www.carid.com/2016-chevy-silverado-mirrors/spyder-towing-mirrors-186147317.html

• Like 1

Well I'm a DIY guy but not sure how much I like electical so I would most likely buy your harnesses. How are these for mirrors?

https://www.carid.com/2016-chevy-silverado-mirrors/spyder-towing-mirrors-186147317.html

As long as these aftermarket makers are pinning their connectors the same is GM does, my custom harness should work. I'll need all the details of your truck as well to ensure there won't be any surprises, but yes - I should be able to accommodate these mirrors.

• Like 1

Just wanted to share a positive vote of confidence about my experience upgrading from DL8s to DL3s with pgamboa's help.. his harnesses make the process very straightforward, but his tech support is what puts it over the top! Just follow his guidance and you should be fine.

A few small tidbits I would like to share with those looking to embark on this adventure:

1) It is very doable, even if you are not a "car guy" or electrical genius. It takes some time, but it's not complicated.

2) Sheet metal is sharp, especially in areas that GM didn't expect customers to be sticking their hands.

3) Remove your door speaker! It's simple but took me awhile to realize how much easier that made things. It's only one screw and a simple wire harness.

Thanks Phil!

• Like 3

All good! I haven't worked on those harness part #s yet so I would still be curious on how they are pinned.

Also excited for results of my custom harnesses.

Thanks for updating!

Phil, just an update, the stock harnesses you re-pinned and sent to me worked out perfect.

So to sum it up, Phil already had a set of harnesses the same part numbers as my stock 2017 DL3/A45 mirror harnesses were, and he was able to reconfigure the pin out's on it to make it a simple plug and play ordeal for me, thus resolving the LED and amber lights not working properly on my stock harnesses. Because of my own doing, I can swap out door harnesses in both doors in 45 minutes or less (because the 3rd time is a charm) and hope to never do it again now.

I will say Phil is a super nice and trusting guy willing to help fellow forum members out, sharing his knowledge for free because he enjoys helping others, and very fair prices on his modified harnesses if you chooses to go that route. Harnesses were completely stock looking in appearance and work great. He modified and sent them out to me within 24 hours and received them about 72 hours after that.

Much appreciate your help Phil!

• Like 6

Just wanted to share a positive vote of confidence about my experience upgrading from DL8s to DL3s with pgamboa's help.. his harnesses make the process very straightforward, but his tech support is what puts it over the top! Just follow his guidance and you should be fine.

A few small tidbits I would like to share with those looking to embark on this adventure:

1) It is very doable, even if you are not a "car guy" or electrical genius. It takes some time, but it's not complicated.

2) Sheet metal is sharp, especially in areas that GM didn't expect customers to be sticking their hands.

3) Remove your door speaker! It's simple but took me awhile to realize how much easier that made things. It's only one screw and a simple wire harness.

Thanks Phil!

Phil, just an update, the stock harnesses you re-pinned and sent to me worked out perfect.

So to sum it up, Phil already had a set of harnesses the same part numbers as my stock 2017 DL3/A45 mirror harnesses were, and he was able to reconfigure the pin out's on it to make it a simple plug and play ordeal for me, thus resolving the LED and amber lights not working properly on my stock harnesses. Because of my own doing, I can swap out door harnesses in both doors in 45 minutes or less (because the 3rd time is a charm) and hope to never do it again now.

I will say Phil is a super nice and trusting guy willing to help fellow forum members out, sharing his knowledge for free because he enjoys helping others, and very fair prices on his modified harnesses if you chooses to go that route. Harnesses were completely stock looking in appearance and work great. He modified and sent them out to me within 24 hours and received them about 72 hours after that.

Much appreciate your help Phil!

Thanks Guys! I enjoy the success stories and thanks for sharing! I will be adding a video on a "How To" install a RZY Harness for those 2014 and some early 2015 trucks very soon!

• Like 1

Phil, I want to get with you soon on this, I think I can add a controller the size of a quarter or smaller to your harness that would allow fold/unfold on lock/unlock. Let me wrap up this seat thing first and then we will explore some options.

• Like 3

Phil, I want to get with you soon on this, I think I can add a controller the size of a quarter or smaller to your harness that would allow fold/unfold on lock/unlock. Let me wrap up this seat thing first and then we will explore some options.

I am all ears whenever you are ready. You still need resistance measurements on the seat elements?

I am all ears whenever you are ready. You still need resistance measurements on the seat elements?

Nah, we are good to go, the FETS I am using are bigger than the ones GM use so there shouldn't be any issue there. I ran them at full power the other day and they stayed below 120 degrees.

• Like 1

I have a 2017 LTZ with the full feature small mirrors (DL3)

I want to upgrade to the full feature tow mirrors; again I want all the full features to work, power folding, memory, cargo lights, running lights, ECT, ECT. (DQS. I believe???)

This is where I'm a little confused, can I just order the GM full feature (DQS) tow mirrors with the correct GM wire harnesses? ( Just get all GM OEM stuff)

For a plug and play install?

If so, what are the current GM part numbers?

Or do I need to have "pgamboa" make me custom wire harnesses?

• Like 1

I have a 2017 LTZ with the full feature small mirrors (DL3)

I want to upgrade to the full feature tow mirrors; again I want all the full features to work, power folding, memory, cargo lights, running lights, ECT, ECT. (DQS. I believe???)

This is where I'm a little confused, can I just order the GM full feature (DQS) tow mirrors with the correct GM wire harnesses? ( Just get all GM OEM stuff)

For a plug and play install?

If so, what are the current GM part numbers?

Or do I need to have "pgamboa" make me custom wire harnesses?

GM supports this upgrade if you want to go that route. Some folks here want to perform this upgrade themselves and save some $ in doing so. I recommend going the dealer route only in the event that a BCM and/or Memory Module calibration is needed. In the handful of people that decided to this themselves, they bought my harness and didn't need any calibrations.

DQS Mirrors are the mirrors you'll want. For harnesses, if you have Seat Memory (A45), you'll want the following (Referencing the upgrade retrofit chart)

Part # 23171564

Replaced By Part # 23342727

Part # 23171567

Replaced By Part # 23342716

Hope this helps.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

GM supports this upgrade if you want to go that route. Some folks here want to perform this upgrade themselves and save some $ in doing so. I recommend going the dealer route only in the event that a BCM and/or Memory Module calibration is needed. In the handful of people that decided to this themselves, they bought my harness and didn't need any calibrations.

DQS Mirrors are the mirrors you'll want. For harnesses, if you have Seat Memory (A45), you'll want the following (Referencing the upgrade retrofit chart)

Part # 23171564

Replaced By Part # 233427272

Part # 23171567

Replaced By Part # 23342716

Hope this helps.

Phil, did you mean part # 23342727 instead of 233427272?