OnStar unlimited data $20

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got it added when it came out, and cancelled it 3 days later. It's so slow. I got faster data just adding the tethering package to the att unlimited plus plan for my iPhone. Cost $5 and pulls down the same LTE signal.

I got it added when it came out, and cancelled it 3 days later. It's so slow. I got faster data just adding the tethering package to the att unlimited plus plan for my iPhone. Cost $5 and pulls down the same LTE signal.

It may be the area that you're in. Mine works just fine. I haven't tested speeds yet, but my wife was watching netflix while I was listening to a youtube podcast riding down I-20 to Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been happy with mine as well.

I like your idea SheltieRV, I imagine there is a way to give it its own on/off button similar to wiring your radio that way. I remember those years for me, buying some old truck with a crappy radio, adding a aftermarket radio and then being able to turn it on without the key on, thinking I was cool and.......forgetting to turn it off and having a dead battery the next day.....not so cool.

Is the cell phone portion tied in/ built in with the radio unit actually? Would adding a direct power source to the radio do the trick? If so, I would be inclined to add a second battery set up just for that AND any extra items I wanted powered up while camping or tailgating or whatever.

I checked the OnStar website and there was a drop down menu for eligible vehicles. Only 2016-2017 are listed, which I found strange. I pushed the OnStar button in my 2015 Sierra and they got me signed up no problem in less than 5 minutes.

They did try to sell me 100 extra minutes for $13. I just bought unlimited data. Why do I need extra minutes? :dunno:

I checked the OnStar website and there was a drop down menu for eligible vehicles. Only 2016-2017 are listed, which I found strange. I pushed the OnStar button in my 2015 Sierra and they got me signed up no problem in less than 5 minutes.

They did try to sell me 100 extra minutes for $13. I just bought unlimited data. Why do I need extra minutes? :dunno:

I just signed up via the website, i have a '15 Silverado.

I was debating the past couple of days. I actually dropped my AT&T unlimited plan and switched to verizon, will save me $71. Im on wifi at work and home, so most of the data used is during car rides when i get to be passenger :)

• 1 month later...

Signed up for the unlimited data plan for our road trip to ME, kids streamed movies the whole way. Works well! Best $20 spent for 4 hours of peace and quiet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?? of course that's what they would say

Exactly why I didn't do it

Thanks, just signed up!

EDIT: Left work, connected to my wifi, and it's not working. They took the money out of my account immediately but when I called they said it's the first day and there may be some issues. Hmm.

[emoji23][emoji23] of course that's what they would say

Exactly why I didn't do it

Lol I've had no problems since, it was just that one day! It's actually been really awesome to have!

Signed up for the unlimited data plan for our road trip to ME, kids streamed movies the whole way. Works well! Best $20 spent for 4 hours of peace and quiet!

I just did the same thing for 20 hour drive form PA to FL and back. No problems with the service dropping out. Best $20 spent on the entire trip,ha!

Nope, me and you both. Could care less, if I need to make my truck a hotspot, I click one button on my phone. I never understood the need for this, not once. But I can see if you have kids, or lots of people riding with you it may come in handy to have it built into the truck..

And you've never been to middle of Texas where you get no service for an hour any direction.

And you've never been to middle of Texas where you get no service for an hour any direction.

If I don't get service on my Verizon phone I wouldn't get service on the Verizon connection in the truck either. It's not like OnStar has their own network with 100% coverage.

I have 18Gb of data on my phone so just no need for unlimited data. Didn't even cross my mind to want it on my latest trip across the country.

If I don't get service on my Verizon phone I wouldn't get service on the Verizon connection in the truck either. It's not like OnStar has their own network with 100% coverage.

I have 18Gb of data on my phone so just no need for unlimited data. Didn't even cross my mind to want it on my latest trip across the country.

OnStar data is provided by AT&T if I'm not mistaken.

Archived