1 hour ago, 2WsierraSLT said:

Fellows reported to your dealer, GMC customer service online and safercar.gov. Seems this in fact needs to be included with special coverage 17336-02 along with the Escalades, Tahoe and Yukon victims.

If this is the same exact part for our truck, how is it even legal for GM not to post a similar 'Special Coverage' for us?  Mine went at 2,089 miles and they replaced it with the same crappy one last year.

add me to list, 2015 with 27k miles so in luck there , still under warr for few months

No idea i assume it's condenser but i haven't looked.

hope this isn't backordered i called the dealer and service manager seemed to indicate it's common and not

a problem but u know how that goes....

in FL gotta have the ac summer here.

Can someone confirm that the PAG oil is 46 viscosity? Called service department and they had no idea. They said the bottle doesn't say what viscosity it is, only that it's universal. Pace performance has the GM part # and in description it states PAG 46. So that's a little reassuring.

I just picked up a 2014 GMC Sierra with 60k. I did my research before hand so I figured this would be an issue and got the extended warranty. Did GM ever redesign the condensor and are the aftermarket ones any better? If so, what's the partnumber of the one I should have the dealer replace it with? 

On 5/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, reelbusy said:

add me to list, 2015 with 27k miles so in luck there , still under warr for few months

No idea i assume it's condenser but i haven't looked.

hope this isn't backordered i called the dealer and service manager seemed to indicate it's common and not

a problem but u know how that goes....

in FL gotta have the ac summer here.

Done. in and out in a few hours today, i was surprised guess there's a good supply out there now? 

part number they used was 84496335

Well see how it and the rest of the system holds up!

43 minutes ago, Zasker1 said:

I'm getting ready to go in to have my third condenser installed first one lasted 3 years second one lasted 6 months

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

have any part numbers? 

20 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Until it goes out, don't anticipate the dealer replacing it, just because you are afraid it will go out. 

I probably should have mentioned that mines already cracked. AC stopped blowing cold so I busted out the gauges/leak detection kit and sure enough, the condenser has a crack and is slowly leaking. I put a can in and so far it’s working but everyday it gets less and less cold. 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, njs2247 said:

Can someone confirm that the PAG oil is 46 viscosity? Called service department and they had no idea. They said the bottle doesn't say what viscosity it is, only that it's universal. Pace performance has the GM part # and in description it states PAG 46. So that's a little reassuring.

Unless a dealer tech has more info, otherwise this is about as good info as I have.

This PAG oil (ACDelco 10-5026) is pretty much used on all GM trucks (newer style compressors GMT-800, 900, K2xx)  est... 2001-2016 with = refrigerant R134a

ACDelco 10-5026 Air Conditioning System PAG Oil - 8 oz Cartridge

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012PCTKQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

^^^ Best price I have seen so far.

However 2017+ trucks use refrigerant =1234YF which requires a different pag oil my local dealership was not able to find me a part number,

Side note Mercedes Benz recalled 1234YF, do its highly flammable nature. To think it was bad when Telsa's caught fire in front end wreaks. Enjoy the burn 2017+ owners. However 1234YF has a much much.... much lower global warming rating like 1 I believe, vs R134a which is about 1,430 rating. 

Edited by 05SIERRAMAN

That's the same bottle Pace Performance has on their website, but in the description it states PAG 46.

When I changed out my condenser the other weekend, I put 2oz of PAG 46 w/UV Dye and haven't had any issues as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 8:26 PM, reelbusy said:

Done. in and out in a few hours today, i was surprised guess there's a good supply out there now? 

part number they used was 84496335

Well see how it and the rest of the system holds up!

Part number 84496335 has now been replaced by 84537373.