Condenser ordered for my 14 as well. A/C started blowing cool then warm air about 3 weeks ago. I read the stuff here and figured I had a faulty condenser. Finally got it in the dealer today and they confirmed my suspicion. Anyway, supposedly new part will be in by the end of next week. I'm not holding my breath. But thankfully we are getting a reprieve from the heat here. My extended warranty will cover the repair 100%. Now I wait....

Got a call yesterday from the dealership where my truck has been sitting for a month. Was informed that some condensers had come in and my truck would be ready Friday (tomorrow). So, guess suppliers are starting to catchup on backlog.

d2964bc932afed496e81e76a0b177a58.jpg

It's in. Took about an hour and a half. Pulled a vacuum and it stayed for an hour so I charged it. Hopefully it'll stay that way. $300 in parts and some time is way better then the dealer quote. Granted I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty otherwise it would've been on GM.

Add me to the list.

2014 GMC Sierra. My AC went out in early June. Condenser was leaking. After refilling fluid 3 times I finally decided to have it repaired. I called several dealers and/or repair shops and each person I spoke with told me this issue has become an epidemic. However, GMC/Chevrolet have yet to step up to the plate and cover the cost of replacement.

The cheapest quote I got was $850 from Kwik Kar. Dealerships want anywhere between $900 and $1200.

Also, the condensers are on back-order for up to 6 weeks because GMC had to make improvements to the existing design and ramp production of replacement condensers.

So if a design is flawed and causing widespread failure, why wouldn't this be covered by the manufacturer?

I found a off-brand condenser through Amazon for $120. However, after talking with one of the mechanics about this, he said it would wind up failing, so it would be better to wait for the "improved" condensers coming from GMC directly.

So here I am two months later driving around in Texas summer heat with no AC.

Has anyone heard of GMC changing their position on covering the cost of repairs?

Out of the $950 it cost me to replace my condenser at the dealer, GM paid all but $400 for my out of warrantied 2014. I reached out to them via chatting on the GM website. They called me back and worked out a deal with my dealership. Dealer and rep from GM recommended that I keep my receipts for a refund of what I paid if they do a recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, appears GM has a new problem; heard on the news last night that GM has a recall out on 2014 Silverados and Sierras for electronic power steering failures. Said the fix is a reprogram. I know, I'm off-topic but thought I'd share anyway .

The GM dealers around me are buying up all of the aftermarket ones as the factory still has not been able to supply enough to support the failures..I've replaced a few out of warranty ones at my shop but mine so far has not shown any signs of leaking. Fingers crossed.