What would you do if you picked up your truck from the shop and...

opened the door to see this?

eca327214e6c5b49a8f87732847f144a.jpg

I picked up my truck from the tint shop on Friday and saw this.

It's not a huge deal but my truck has 500 miles on it and I'm pissed because I paid the shop and they did this. I feel like I want them to replace it but is that fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opened the door to see this?eca327214e6c5b49a8f87732847f144a.jpg

I picked up my truck from the tint shop on Friday and saw this.

It's not a huge deal but my truck has 500 miles on it and I'm pissed because I paid the shop and they did this. I feel like I want them to replace it but is that fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, let them know about the damage they caused, then get a quote from your dealer. I would not them replace/try to fix the damage if they did not bother to tell you what they had done. They have insurance, don't feel guilty, there sometimes is a cost of doing business.

This tint shop has the absolute responsibility to make this right to your satisfaction. If it was my truck, I would insist on a brand new console. A business that would refuse to make this right is nothing but a gypo and should be reported to the better business bureau and taken to small debts court to be forced to pay for a repair that meets your satisfaction. There are restoration people out there that can work magic on some cosmetic damage but some of this stuff will come out again after time. Good luck with this. Hard to imagine any good trades person doing something like this. Chances are your window tinting is crap as well.

No matter what, it should come out of a shop looking just like it went in, except for the tint, of course. Talk to the owner of the shop, show him, and ask if that's how he would like his truck to look after a tint job in a brand new truck...

what the heck did they scratch it with to leave white marks? did you figure out if that is actually gouged or just something rubbed on the surface?

either way, I would definitely show them and let them know i'm not happy, but try to stay calm. A good shop should help you and try to make it right.

After I took my truck in for my first free oil change and got it back home, i realized there was a nice black hand print on the upper pillar. i know the guy grabbed it when he put the stupid little sticker on the top of the windshield.

I made sure they were told about it, they had a guy come over from the detail shop and clean it up for me. Now I tell them to leave the sticker off on all oil changes.

My thigh holster hits at that same spot and has left some scratches. However it is DIFFERENT when you do this yourself. You paid these tint folks to scratch up your ride! OH THE OUTRAGE. I would see what they would be willing to do, minimum free tint work and then rub the area with a bit of Mequairs Interior detailer and it is good as new,

They should fix it. The install tech may or may not of know this happened.

It is scratches.

Do you want to trust them to replace the part? If it was me, I would have them buy the part and install it myself if you want it fixed. :happysad:

No worries.....let the proprietor know and go from there. If he isn't cooperating, call the credit card company to hold payment until you are satisfied.

I for one. Would have called the dude the minute I saw it. Probably wouldn't sleep much until there was closure.

Shop is the one to fix it. Looks like the installer left a screw driver or tool in his pocket while in your truck etc. Did you notice it when you were still there. It should be fixed, but if you left and have to go back it will depend on the integrity of the shop etc.

I would get it replaced. Personally, I don't care if it is a farm truck with 200k miles or a new truck with 500 miles.

Be calm and collected, don't be an ass and they will take care of you.

Archived