Rear Sliding Window

Ok guys I can grab a complete rear sliding window that has motor in it as well.

What I'm wondering is how hard would it to be to make it work with my truck that currently doesn't have it?

Looking for some options, I'd like to keep it as oem as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just had the back seats and carpet out to install dynamat. I have the power slider it looks complicated back there. I would plan on 3 hours just to tear everything apart and put it back together unless you are used to working with interior trim. Plus whatever time it takes to do the window. You might as well do some sound proofing while you got it all ripped out.

I love my slider. The borla exhaust sounds better with the back window open.

Pic is what it looks like under padding of rear wall. Looks like some sort of power supply in the middle and wires that go up to the window are on passenger side. 773933ddbfcf0f19a1062790c972ea7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by ShamrockShooter

I personally think the sliding rear window is ugly. I wish GM did what Toyota did and had the entire glass slide down. That would be something to have IMHO.

I agree on the look, but I still like the sliding window on my truck. They could have made it look better though... I love the Toyota look. Even the Fords (I think?) have what looks to be a solid piece of glass all around the rear sliding window, so no plastic on the top or bottom. Much cleaner look.

I can get the entire window system plus motor and all for $125 CAD new.

So the wiring and BCM programming is what I can see costing money.

From what I've found so far only LTZ or SLT gave the harness pre wired for this mod.

So I would need to figure out how to run a harness from back to front overhead console(which I'm also about to change out with homelink).

For the price I can get the assembly for, I do want to do this and document this. Just need some guidance.

I can get the entire window system plus motor and all for $125 CAD new.

So the wiring and BCM programming is what I can see costing money.

From what I've found so far only LTZ or SLT gave the harness pre wired for this mod.

So I would need to figure out how to run a harness from back to front overhead console(which I'm also about to change out with homelink).

For the price I can get the assembly for, I do want to do this and document this. Just need some guidance.

maybe pgamboa will jump in and help. He is the master when it comes to harnesses. Hopefully he sees this!

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk