Driver side A pillar grab handle

Dealer parts guy at first said "it doesn't exist." Then he said only two colors: gray and shale.

Will shale match the trim in my cocoa dune?

What should I expect to pay to have this installed?

I put mine in myself. VERY VERY easy to do. I would not pay the dealer to install it.

I have a black interior and that gets the gray one, as the pillars and head liner are gray. So I assume the other color is for the cocoa dune interior.

hey Boardmember

this is such and easy install to do - it took me no time at all to do mine

i got mine thru my local dealer. i showed him what i could get it for online and he dropped his price to pretty much match it - that worked for me

• Like 1

Just another follow-up.

The Shale is the one that matches the Dune headliner perfectly. It's easy to install:

1) Pull off the old trim (it's on with clips)

2) Cut the small plastic tether attached to that one

3) Install the new one with the handle (it pops in with clips then there are 2 7mm bolts through the handle)

That's it -- takes about 10 minutes max. I got mine from an online Chevy dealer here:

http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/chevrolet/silverado-1500/23135700/2015-year/lt-trim/5-3l-v8-gas-engine/interior-cat/door-scat/?part_name=interior-assist-handles

Not sure about the difference in part numbers between mine and what 15HDriver posted above. Maybe one is the p/n for the passenger side??

Edited by sk

I did mine this past weekend. I didn't cut the plastic tether nor did I understand how someone would even cut it, I just had to slide mine down a bit then the new A pillar fit fine.

I did mine this past weekend. I didn't cut the plastic tether nor did I understand how someone would even cut it, I just had to slide mine down a bit then the new A pillar fit fine.

I was in a rush when I installed mine and couldn't readily see how to un-clip the tether. I am sure it is easy to remove but I snipped mine. This isn't a problem as the tether is not needed with the grab handle. The concern would be if you want to remove the handle later and return to the original trim piece. I don't plan to do this, but if I did, a zip-tie could serve as a replacement tether.

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, Jadis said:

How did you get that tether off? I was a little afraid of pulling to hard and possibly screw up the air bags. For now the original on is back on.  What the heck is that tether for?