AC Condenser "National Back Order" wait time

I've brought my 2016 Sierra to the dealer 4 different times to get my AC fixed. I finally decided to call GMC directly and complain that I wasn't going to bring it down for the 5th time. Like many others, I got the same message back from GMC. My truck only has 2,800 miles on it.

How long did you have to wait for the redesigned condenser to come in?

Here is the e-mail they sent me (note: I commented out personal information with "< >"

--------------------------------------

Dear <name>,

We have received your case, and GM Internal has coordinated with <my GMC dealer> in regards to the AC Condenser .

This part is on a National Back Order, however it has been ordered. Per GM Policy due to the parts shortage crisis, there is no avenue to expedite the back-ordered condenser, it could take upwards of four to 6 weeks for the part to arrive at the dealer, due to the part being completely however there is no ETA due to the part being completely redesigned and testing of tools and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Per GM Policy we will not be supplying a rental vehicles at this time and we do apologized.

Per GM Policy there are no repairs endorsed by GM nor are there any aftermarket sources for this part. We recommend coordinating with Customer Experience Managers <their names> at <my GMC dealer> as they are working directly with GM Internal regarding these back ordered AC Condensers and will contact you as soon as the part arrives. Once the part arrives we recommend calling us back for assistance. We appreciate your patience at this time

Sincerely,

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

Service Request Number: <my case number>

Phone Number: 1-866-790-5600

Edited by jonesumd

I've brought my 2016 Sierra to the dealer 4 different times to get my AC fixed. I finally decided to call GMC directly and complain that I wasn't going to bring it down for the 5th time. Like many others, I got the same message back from GMC. My truck only has 2,800 miles on it.

How long did you have to wait for the redesigned condenser to come in?

Here is the e-mail they sent me

Dear <name>,

We have received your case, and GM Internal has coordinated with <my GMC dealer> in regards to the AC Condenser .

This part is on a National Back Order, however it has been ordered. Per GM Policy due to the parts shortage crisis, there is no avenue to expedite the back-ordered condenser, it could take upwards of four to 6 weeks for the part to arrive at the dealer, due to the part being completely however there is no ETA due to the part being completely redesigned and testing of tools and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Per GM Policy we will not be supplying a rental vehicles at this time and we do apologized.

Per GM Policy there are no repairs endorsed by GM nor are there any aftermarket sources for this part. We recommend coordinating with Customer Experience Managers <their names> at <my GMC dealer> as they are working directly with GM Internal regarding these back ordered AC Condensers and will contact you as soon as the part arrives. Once the part arrives we recommend calling us back for assistance. We appreciate your patience at this time

Sincerely,

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

Service Request Number: <my case number>

Phone Number: 1-866-790-5600

"Go screw yourself"

Love GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.. Who the heck did GM hire to write that?? In my mind it read exactly how a conversation would go if you call almost any warranty on number. You know the Indian from over seas who barely speaks English.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Let me ask you this, how long does the AC work if you fully charge the system? (how big is this leak) Are we talking days or weeks?

I drive my truck once a week around town. It takes about 2 or 3 drives before no AC

First line says <my GMC dealer> signature says Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. Never heard of "GM Internal" I think who ever sent you this is NOT GM, seems bogus to me.

First line says <my GMC dealer> signature says Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. Never heard of "GM Internal" I think who ever sent you this is NOT GM, seems bogus to me.

Sorry, I should have clarified that. I commented out personal information with <____>. I don't want to disclose the dealer or the dealer service reps name as the issue isn't their fault. The issue is with GMC.

Edited by jonesumd

Reading between the lines at GM's response...we really don't care that you or any other GM owner with this problem are out there cooking. We get it done when we get it done.

Edited by Horacio

I think everyone affected by this is hot under the collar. LOL.

GM got in a pickle here and there's just no solution where everyone is going to be happy. They have suppliers working on the problem. I see no indication that anyone at GM doesn't care. I think they do and they're doing their best. It just isn't good enough.

And yes, that letter looks bogus.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

I drive my truck once a week around town. It takes about 2 or 3 drives before no AC

Perfect. A cheap set of walmart R134A gauges for around 35 bones and a 30lb cylinder of R134A from Sams Club for around 120 bones and you can easily go all summer while they redesign and manufacture a part that will last the life of the vehicle LOL.Takes about 10 minutes to recharge. Some may leak a lot worse and this strategy might not be worthwhile but if it lasts a couple of weeks I would be all over that plus keep the receipts and demand the dealer pay for the gauge set and cylinderrance

Edited by MyFavTruck

• 4 weeks later...

Only aftermarket option is from Spectra Premium (they make the best aftermarket rads and condensers). Who knows how long the national backorder will take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk