Truck falls off lift at GMC

I too would like to know what dealer this was at. I also live in Colorado, I don't want to do any type of business with a dealer who treats you like that.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call your ins company. Go through yours and they will go after his. Also file a police accident report for mva

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Sometimes police won't file reports when damage is on private property. I ran into this in AZ. He ended up writing something up but it wasn't a full report.

if anything is written it's probably a miscellaneous incident report or security incident report, which is just a bunch of statements of the officer and or witnesses to collaborate what the victim is reporting.

Call your ins company. Go through yours and they will go after his. Also file a police accident report for mva

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

+1

Your insurance company will go after his for sure. They should also recover any out of pocket expenses you incur such as a rental. Your truck now has damage. Who's to say his body work won't start deteriorating in a couple of years?

I agree in that this was no accident. It was negligent careless behavior on the dealers part. He should be bending over backwards with apologies and incentives to make it right, not giving you HIS rules on how it will be handled. No to mention the "let's go outside" nonsense. If I had that on tape, I would seriously consider legal action.

The guy has balls that's for sure.

I would never step foot in there again. I'd also go out of my way to endlessly bash him on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diyer2

It's ferguson GMC in Colorado springs

Update I turned in on my insurance I called GM twice and told them I have the owner on recording wanting to take us out back and settle things. And we'll GM said unless it's a warranty issue they can't do anything.

Confirmed frame damage and rear axle bent. That was determined after drive shaft was replaced

The biggest problem with letting the owner of the dealership pay out of pocket is his shop would have never caught frame damage or bent axle. The owner Dave said it wasn't possible that this was a simple fix and he wanted estimates from my shop of choice to be in the ballpark of his shop he chose. I would have been fighting tooth and nail getting him to pay anything. He already accused me of having the tow truck driver possibly dropping truck causing damage when I had to have it towed off lot to get this process started. He's truly an unprofessional owner and there is nothing I can do but warn others.

Or call occupation safety and health and report that this is a safety issue.

Tell them your story

They could shut them down until proven otherwise

Not sure Colorado has OSAH for business but worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived