Final Consensus on Black My Link Screen?

Hello,

I've read a lot of threads on different GM vehicles from Cruze to Silverados. One of my buddies have a 2015 2500HD Silverado with the 8" MyLink infotainment system. He reported about a month ago his system just went to a black screen, he could hear his music fine, press different areas of the screen and it would accept input (still black screen) From a bunch of reading, I had him check the ground between the windshield and A-pillar and it seemed find with no pinch of insulation. He eventually bought a new touchscreen but it did the same thing. Which leads me to believe nothing was wrong w the other screen either. If I had to guess it would be the HMI module? We have no dealerships here in Central America. What was the "fix" for this? We also tried pulling the fuse and it does nothing. We also disconnected the Touch screen from the module and it worked for maybe an hour and it went back black. Any help is appreciated. I really hope this does not happen to my High Country.

Thanks,

Keagan

I am no certified gm tech, but I did work on cars for a living in an electrical manner. I hand seen this issue a few times but buying a replacement screen has already fixed it, or buying an aftermarket radio should as well.

Could unplug the plug on the back of the radio face and verify each pin is properly seated. Just pull and wiggle each wire a few times. Do that both on the screen and on the module behind just to be safe.

I know it sounds strange. Sometimes the wires aren't seated properly in the plugs and they move just a bit. This I have seen too many times to be happy with...

Otherwise a new radio would be a fun addition. The 9 and 10" alpine restyled radios are dropping in price as the new series is getting ready to come out. Still pricy but nice screens.

Otherwise I'm partial toward my Kenwood and using the iDatalink Maestro wiring harness

Archived