need info

Tony1982

Question

I bought my 2015 4 x 4 Canyon SLT from a Toyota dealership used so I got very little info. Do I have the z82 suspension package since I have the SLT 4x4 because that's what I've been told. does that mean I can tow the 7k lb? can I update the maps or OS in the GMC intellilink system? Keeps giving me traffic warnings for situations years ago and doesn't indicate roads that have been built since 2014. Does anyone have any tips or things look out for possibly any proactive maintenance tips? Have seemed to notice a intermittent slight rough idling issue when stopped at a red light sometimes.

2 answers to this question

Have you tried going to your nearest GM dealership and have them run the VIN to get a build sheet?  Parts department or service would be able to do that.  If it is a crew cab, it should have Z82 but running the VIN works best to make sure.  If it has Z82, then yes it will have the factory 2" receiver hitch and can tow 7k lbs max. 

As for the navigation, head to www.gmnavdisc.com and you can purchase the most updated maps for your truck.  As far as updating the Intellilink itself, a dealer is the only way, and would run you the price of whatever they charge for programming.  If you have any warranty and have an issue with it, then programming might be covered, but just to update it on a whim, it will cost you.   

EDIT:  I forgot, gmnavdisc is running $20 off and free shipping until 12/31/2017. 

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1

Yes, you probably have the lighter-duty Z82 suspension, but I also recommend using the VIN to get your specific RPO listing. I believe the Nav question has already been completely answered, but for the towing 7K, you'll probably need a weight distributing hitch. Otherwise, some states would limit towing to 4K. Also, if you don't have a trailer brake controller, be advised all 2015's came pre-wired for a controller. The wiring is just to the left of the driver seat, under the entry trim and just forward of the brake pedal. Simply lift away the trim and pull back some carpet, and 90% of the controller work will be already done for you. You can get an OEM controller for dash-mounting, or almost any aftermarket controller and simply connect to the pre-installed wiring. It can be done in as little as 20 minutes.