2019 GMC Sierra

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/future-cars-2019-gmc-sierra-1500-will.html?m=1

There you have it... The more I look at the Chevy the more it grows on me. This one though.... Idk I'm sure it will get better over time.07d7eb15587770f0a7841818cd8660b2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I might be the minority, but I like the way both the 2019 Chevy's and GMC's look. I wonder if these trucks are going to be just reskins of the current K2XX trucks, or if they are getting all new suspension, drivetrain, etc.

• Like 1

I assume this is a render?  A very good one at that?  The more I look at it, it seems very GMC press picture to me.  I didn't catch any thing official from GMC anywhere however...

I will say the Silverado gets my vote again this time around as well.  Last time GMC had my vote was pre-2004. 

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, newdude said:

I assume this is a render?  A very good one at that?  The more I look at it, it seems very GMC press picture to me.  I didn't catch any thing official from GMC anywhere however...

I will say the Silverado gets my vote again this time around as well.  Last time GMC had my vote was pre-2004. 

No. It is the truck.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, StealthZ71 said:

The Carscoops article states it's "what it could look like" and details it as a "photo rendering." It is not the truck.

Looking against the newest spyshots I could find, its very very close though.  What they rendered is probably 90-95% right. 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

Ever since I started paying attention to new GMs back in the early 90s, the new gen of anything usually took awhile to grow on me eventually supplanting the former style. I really don't see that with this new breed for me this time. However, the Silverado is badly colored matched in certain spots and it highlights its weird features like the protruding fender-into-headlight area thing. On the GM Authority FB someone was posting photochops of it all one color and it looked MUCH better. I'd like to see the LT "Allstar" version with standard looks and chrome before I pass full judgement. The special edition release as a first look was an interesting move for GM. No doubt to make a bold statement, but it may have went too far. The GMC looks way more "normalized".

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, davidio840 said:

Well that would look better than the Silverado. Gosh that new Silverado is hideous. It will probably grow on me in time, but first glance is "that thing is FUGGGLY'

No it won't. It really is hideous. That thing is a :loser:. This GMC isn't far behind. Better but....

23 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

No it won't. It really is hideous. That thing is a :loser:. This GMC isn't far behind. Better but....

It's far from hideous, but you haven't even seen it in other iterations/models with painted or chrome bumpers, how can you make a final judgement? Do you always make premature assumptions with out all the facts and options?

Besides, looks shouldn't matter. There is no reason to buy a truck based on looks when there are so many more important factors. If it has everything you want, does everything you want at a price you want are you going to not buy it because it doesn't look good or cool?

Preliminary I give the GMC the edge but they are two different styles. Will be good to see the other styles (LT, Z71, LTZ, ect) as well as the GMC in the flesh. Design will play zero factor in my choice between them when it is time, it will come down to price between similar options, lowest OTD price wins. Color will though, in Texas I won't do black.

Tyler