Any must-do mods for the new Silverado?

Had a 2016 Colorado Z71, did the Bilstein 5100's and a 2" rear lift block for a 2" lift all around.  Moved up to a larger AT tire but in the end, the seats were just too cramped for my 6'4" 250lbs frame.  I decided that I needed the big boy truck, so this weekend traded it in for a 2018 Z71 LT, in red, the fastest color.  Dealer is upgrading the cloth seats to black leather, swapping out the OEM tires for 1 size larger in a mud tire, and installing a leveling kit.  Don't know the specifics on the leveling kit, it was sort of an impulse buy, I will find out Wed when I drop it off to have those upgrades done.

Any quirks or must do mods on these things?  

Over time I will do a cat-back exhaust, probably do a proper lift kit, maybe 3-4", nothing extreme...  Some skid plate and things like that...

It's a daily driver, used to haul ATV's, and motorcycles to track days, maybe some light off roading, etc...  I work from home mostly so I only put about 20k miles on per year...

So far I removed the lower part of the air dam, but I figured I would wait and see how the new tires and leveling kit look before deciding to remove more.  I removed it all on the Colorado and it looked awesome and gave massive clearance in the front, but on this one the rescue hooks would be left sorta fending for themselves and looking unfinished after I pull off the rest of the dam...  Any pics of the new models with it all removed?

IMG_20180107_125925.jpg

The first thing I always do is window tint, at least match the front to the back and add windshield visor tint.  Without it I feel naked...

Floor mats of your choice is almost as important.  I found used/like new/returned mats and AVS aeroskin hood protector on Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Those things don't cost all that much and will get you started.  

• Sad 1

I'd do a roll up bed cover.  Works fine for hauling ATV's and such, just roll it up.

I'd also get one of the underseat storage units for the back seat.  I waited like a month before I got mine and it was surprising how much I missed it.  I went with the Du-ha brand, but the GM one and Husky ones look fine too.  

40 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

And my front windows are tinted.

Where can I get the front paint film thingie?  Anyone got a link to an exact fit kit for a 2018?

I've seen the kits on Amazon and ebay, but it's best to have it professionally done IMO.

I paid around $750 to do XPEL ultimate on the front bumper, grill, fronts of both quarter panels, about 16" up the hood, the A pillars and the backs of the mirrors on my 2017 midnight edition. XPEL ultimate has a 10 year warranty when professionally installed.

http://www.xpel.com/

54 minutes ago, Nick The Great said:

I'd do a roll up bed cover.  Works fine for hauling ATV's and such, just roll it up.

I love having my soft tonneau cover. Truxedo low pro. When rolled up it is almost completely out of the way. Plus, If I want to completely remove it, it is also very easy. I would not even consider a hard one, as those are much harder to get out of the way when you want to use the bed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

Had a 2016 Colorado Z71, did the Bilstein 5100's and a 2" rear lift block for a 2" lift all around.  Moved up to a larger AT tire but in the end, the seats were just too cramped for my 6'4" 250lbs frame.  I decided that I needed the big boy truck, so this weekend traded it in for a 2018 Z71 LT, in red, the fastest color.  Dealer is upgrading the cloth seats to black leather, swapping out the OEM tires for 1 size larger in a mud tire, and installing a leveling kit.  Don't know the specifics on the leveling kit, it was sort of an impulse buy, I will find out Wed when I drop it off to have those upgrades done.

Any quirks or must do mods on these things?  

Over time I will do a cat-back exhaust, probably do a proper lift kit, maybe 3-4", nothing extreme...  Some skid plate and things like that...

It's a daily driver, used to haul ATV's, and motorcycles to track days, maybe some light off roading, etc...  I work from home mostly so I only put about 20k miles on per year...

So far I removed the lower part of the air dam, but I figured I would wait and see how the new tires and leveling kit look before deciding to remove more.  I removed it all on the Colorado and it looked awesome and gave massive clearance in the front, but on this one the rescue hooks would be left sorta fending for themselves and looking unfinished after I pull off the rest of the dam...  Any pics of the new models with it all removed?

IMG_20180107_125925.jpg

I would get those side bars to tuck away. Chevy now has them retracting when the door is closed. 

3 hours ago, jogutier said:

I would get those side bars to tuck away. Chevy now has them retracting when the door is closed. 

I don't know about those. I'd rather have some careless a-hole slam their door into my running boards rather than into the side of my truck! LOL!

Edited by Loco-diablo
  • Like 1

You must do a 6" lift and 35s! :thumbs:

IMG_1401.jpg

For smaller must do mods I recommend molded floor lines (weather tech, husky, rough country, etc) as I like them much better than the factory floor liners. Also I would swap out the reverse lights with LEDs, any 920 led bulb will work.

I second the recommendation for paint protection film, I haven't done it to my truck and I have several paint chips

Edited by adamj2121