Any idea on when can you order a 2019 Silverado?

I knows this is a little early but I'm wanting to own one of those new 2019's as soon as I can buy one. I am wondering when is the Silverado starting production? Also about when can you order one? Most sources says trucks will be in dealerships fourth quarter meaning October, Do this mean all models/configurations, engine choices, options ect will be available then? This do seems a little late. Usually past few years GM switch from year to year model production started first week of July. Back in 2013 when the 2014's first came out, the crew cab Top level LTZ  models arrived in lots in June only with the 5.3L, Double cabs in late September early October also the 6.2L came. Also GM did say Fort Wayne Assembly will start production first on the 2019's, Do this mean double cab models will arrive first?

So would you expect to see the first new trucks hit dealers? sometime in August????

Would April/May seem like a more reasonable date for ordering to start?

20 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

I knows this is a little early but I'm wanting to own one of those new 2019's as soon as I can buy one. I am wondering when is the Silverado starting production? Also about when can you order one? Most sources says trucks will be in dealerships fourth quarter meaning October, Do this mean all models/configurations, engine choices, options ect will be available then? This do seems a little late. Usually past few years GM switch from year to year model production started first week of July. Back in 2013 when the 2014's first came out, the crew cab Top level LTZ  models arrived in lots in June only with the 5.3L, Double cabs in late September early October also the 6.2L came. Also GM did say Fort Wayne Assembly will start production first on the 2019's, Do this mean double cab models will arrive first?

So would you expect to see the first new trucks hit dealers? sometime in August????

Would April/May seem like a more reasonable date for ordering to start?

GM says they'll be making the 2018 trucks as they slowly start up production of the 2019 truck. That would indicate to me that there will be a slow ramp up of production of the 2019 trucks. They might start building them later summer and large numbers of the trucks on the lot by say, October. The late availability is probably due to thebfact that the truck is totally different compared to the 2007-2018 trucks. New frame, new suspension, aluminum doors, new bed construction, a new 10-speed transmission, newish 5.3/6.2, new I6 diesel, etc. That's a lot of change in one model year.

My estimation is you will start to see trucks hit the lots in October like you stated.  Most likely orders will begin in end of June/ early July after the normal plant shutdown(s) if it follows previous trends.  I doubt you will see every model at the beginning.  They will produce the popular ones that sell (crewcabs) so they can get them out on the roads.  

i read somewhere GM says they will be available Early MId year . But your right , slow means they still have some 2014-2018 parts they need to still sell. I wouldnt be surprised if the fully loaded Denali/HC models come out first . The then SLT/LTZ , work trucks 

Archived