Can you change the default temperature settings for remote start?

On 2/18/2018 at 1:13 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

Even if the heated/cooled seats do turn on, you won't feel it as soon as you sit down, but after you've been sitting in the seat for awhile. 

Agreed. the seats definitely don't feel super hot when activated via remote start, but at least they're not ice cold when you get in.

11 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Agreed. the seats definitely don't feel super hot when activated via remote start, but at least they're not ice cold when you get in.

I park about 100yds away from the hangar that I work in, and all too often, they're still ice cold, when I get in. 

There’s a setting to have the heated seats activate via remote start. They activate but the light doesn’t illuminate. Once you get in the truck and put the key in, you’ll have to manually hit the heated seat button for it to continue heating the seat.(This is in the owners manual)
You can’t activate the heated steering wheel via remote. The truck must be running with the key to turn it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to have to find this setting. And why the heck would the indicator light not illuminate?

One little thing I miss from my Ram....hit the remote start, below 41* the seat heater and steering wheel heater automatically came on and you felt them when you got in.

Thanks for this, I’ll dig the setting up somewhere.

10 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I park about 100yds away from the hangar that I work in, and all too often, they're still ice cold, when I get in. 

I know that in my truck with the leather seats, they're not hot, but it definitely takes the chill out. Once I put the key in and hit the heated seat button, they get very hot in a matter of minutes.

I assume you have the heated seats setting set to ON when remotely starting the vehicle?

Maybe you have a problem?

10 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

I know that in my truck with the leather seats, they're not hot, but it definitely takes the chill out. Once I put the key in and hit the heated seat button, they get very hot in a matter of minutes.

I assume you have the heated seats setting set to ON when remotely starting the vehicle?

Maybe you have a problem?

I do have the heated/cooled seats, I do have them set to come on with remote start, and it is on my list for when I go to the shop, next time (in a few weeks).

• 1 year later...

You ever find an answer to this? 

I HATE how the AC comes on full blast on a 65 degree morning when i had the entire HVAC OFF when I parked the truck. Most of the time when its below 85 out I drive with the windows down, so A/C isnt on. 

But when I remote start it on a 65 degree morning, it goes full blast so its freezing in the truck, then I drop the windows and all that moisture gets back in the cab and fogs all my damn windows and smells musty. 

From what I have found, the A/C will come ON with anything that GM deems hot, which is 59 degrees and above. 

59 Freaking degrees is not hot!!

If i could fix this, my truck would be perfect!

• 4 months later...

My wife and I had this discussion this morning, after remote starting the truck for maybe 5-10 minutes with today's ~5 degree Fahrenheit temperature.

The seats were somewhat warm, but not really hot.  We both believe that the remote start automatic seat heaters are set to the lowest setting, since there are 3 settings to choose from normally when setting the seat heaters manually.  They work but definitely aren't set to the highest setting when using remote start.  I suppose this makes sense and definitely does help them to warm up faster than usual.

There is also a setting for the cooled seats to activate with remote start if you have leather seats.  This coming spring and summer we will test that I am sure!

Pretty nice, and comfortable!  This is pure luxury my friends.

Edited by BlaineBug