Olympic White vs. Summit White

They're not the same color.  My wife has an Olympic White Impala and my Summit White Silverado is a hair bluer (or her Impala is a shade more yellow if you prefer.)  Put some distance between them and you can't tell, but up close and side by side it is noticeable. 

GM says I'm wrong:  JeremyW426's post below

They are the same colour, in GM's parts system, a paint pen for GAZ has this description

19328527  PAINT, TOUCH-UP TUBE (.5 OZ) (SUMMIT WHITE/OLYMPIC WHITE) (WA 8624) (ALL-IN ONE) (.25 OZ COLOR/.25 OZ CLEAR) (ACDelco #19328527) CK1,2,3 EXTERIOR COLOR (GAZ) 2014-2018 01 0 80C SS001

Both colours have the same RPO code and the same paint code of WA 8624.

Edited by boombalatty

28 minutes ago, Boardmember said:

I drive a Summit white truck.  In the RPO printout I have, it lists:  “GAZ  PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, OLYMPIC WHITE (G)”

then your's cant be summit white.... .. ... my build sheet specifically  says  GAZ - Summit White... i looked through my whole build sheet.. 

They are the same colour, in GM's parts system, a paint pen for GAZ has this description

19328527  PAINT, TOUCH-UP TUBE (.5 OZ) (SUMMIT WHITE/OLYMPIC WHITE) (WA 8624) (ALL-IN ONE) (.25 OZ COLOR/.25 OZ CLEAR) (ACDelco #19328527) CK1,2,3 EXTERIOR COLOR (GAZ) 2014-2018 01 0 80C SS001

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeremyW426 said:

All the proof right there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boardmember said:

Crstfr - I note that you said yours and wife’s vehicles are perceptibly different.   Are they the same age?

Either way, I was reporting a fact - not saying you were wrong.  Like you did me.  

I think that was me and no, she has a 2015 and I have a 2017.  The GM parts system says they're the same so I'm likely wrong about them being different.  They look different to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 months later...

Good topic. Just ordered from Amazon for $16.50

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010GGFR1E/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Found a deep gouge in A-pillar.

Just had windows tinted 2 weeks ago but not sure if it was before or after. Could be due to a rock chip, since my windshield already has some pits from the cross country drive from Laura GMC

Can’t think of a reason why the gouge is there. No marks on inside of door. Gouge is near tow mirror and windshield on a pillar.

840cc6e4358bd9970e7cb6c6947f4df6.jpg

88a555fcb1ec1a322252ef68a7d146a7.jpg

• 5 months later...