Pics of leveling kits with stock wheels

1.5” lift in the front. Still has a slight rake, not completely level, but I like it. Running a 275/70r18 no rub full lock. Don’t judge my crooked bumper. I still haven’t got the hit and run damage fixed. :(

7838A5EC-0ED8-44B3-A50B-F9182F4BFD7B.jpeg

11 hours ago, rudyb said:

1.5” lift in the front. Still has a slight rake, not completely level, but I like it. Running a 275/70r18 no rub full lock. Don’t judge my crooked bumper. I still haven’t got the hit and run damage fixed. :(

Nice look!  I'm considering 285/70/17 LT's on my truck with a 1.5 level/lift.  I am adding a leaf to my rear springs and installing 1.5" spacers to the front to maintain a stock profile.  I am "beefing" up my truck for a major road trip with our travel trailer.  Did you find the larger, heavier tires to have a significant impact on your mpg's?  I could go with 265's but for a few $ more I can get the larger tires.  

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

Nice look!  I'm considering 285/70/17 LT's on my truck with a 1.5 level/lift.  I am adding a leaf to my rear springs and installing 1.5" spacers to the front to maintain a stock profile.  I am "beefing" up my truck for a major road trip with our travel trailer.  Did you find the larger, heavier tires to have a significant impact on your mpg's?  I could go with 265's but for a few $ more I can get the larger tires.  

Thanks! I have a running spreadsheet for mpg documentation. The numbers did drop, but I have not reprogrammed the ECM or BCM for the change in tire size (looking for advise to get this accomplished), and I have not put a formula in the spreadsheet to correct the value. I’ve had that on my to-do list so I hope to have an accurate answer soon. Something I noticed is that the transmission seems to be confused by the new tire size. I don’t really know how to explain it. It gets about 13mpg when the cruise is set anywhere from 65-69. If I set the cruise on 64 or 71-72 the mileage seems to go up to 17-22. 

Edited by rudyb

On 1/31/2019 at 9:45 PM, rudyb said:

7838A5EC-0ED8-44B3-A50B-F9182F4BFD7B.jpeg

I have the same year and same truck. I have the motofab 1.5 up front as well, and have been researching coopers new line of at3’s for new rubber. You have the setup I’m going for. Any way you can grab pictures straight on of the truck to show the width of your tires? Maybe turn your wheel as if your turning left?

im going back and forth with 275/65/18 and 285/65/18, but now you got me going on 275/70/18 due to no rubbing and I can actually see someone with the same exact everything as I have. 

I like the sidewall of the xlt’s better than the lt’s But it’s not a deal breaker, the tire size is going to dictate it.

thanks!

On 2/1/2019 at 8:31 AM, Donstar said:

From my calculated/corrected odometer numbers I think my math is still buggy, but going off of the trip meter readings at every full-up, it looks like my average MPG went from 17.55 to 16.15. I expected it to be worse!

I'm going off of this guy's formula. Again, I think something isn't right, but I can't get my head around it.

4 hours ago, Jgreen2193 said:

I have the same year and same truck. I have the motofab 1.5 up front as well, and have been researching coopers new line of at3’s for new rubber. You have the setup I’m going for. Any way you can grab pictures straight on of the truck to show the width of your tires? Maybe turn your wheel as if your turning left?

im going back and forth with 275/65/18 and 285/65/18, but now you got me going on 275/70/18 due to no rubbing and I can actually see someone with the same exact everything as I have. 

I like the sidewall of the xlt’s better than the lt’s But it’s not a deal breaker, the tire size is going to dictate it.

thanks!

I took a few photos today and tried to grab as many relevant measurements as possible. It was easier for me to upload everything to my blog to keep from getting the thread off topic. Head over to https://roodeebee.blogspot.com/2019/02/silverado-ride-height.html for details. You might be able to go 1" larger diameter than the 275/70r18, but that would probably be pushing it. On my next set I'm probably going to look at going a bit wider just for a tougher look. The next size up in the Cooper AT3 XLT is LT305/65R18. I recommend looking at https://tiresize.com/calculator/ and clicking the "tire comparison" tab. Also go to http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt.aspx and click "full specs" for all sizes of that model. Good luck.