Driver Window Won't stay up

New to the forum, absolutely love all the information on this forum. 

I searched my issue to no avail. I have a 2018 LT with power windows. I installed the vent visors from Weather Tech and all was fine for 2 weeks. Now I'm having an intermittent issue, the drivers window goes up and comes back down automatically, it will not stay up. After many times of trying it will finally stay up. Does anyone know if the windows can be calibrated? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

There’s a sequence to use but i forget it. I think if you disconnect your battery for 5 minutes then put it back on it’ll ask you to roll your driver window down then back up. I think it’s calibrating itself. But idk.

I have the same problem with vent visor. The slightest resistance will trigger the window to release down as it is a safety feature. Mine does it on the driver window only 40% of the time. I can actually hear it hit the visor insert. Depending on the heat and expansion or movement of the visor depends if it pops down. The solution I use it NOT to use the auto up feature. Get it up close to the top, then inch it up till closed. This works if it hits. Sometimes I actually have to push the visor as I am raising the window. I plan to take mine out soon and sand that edge a little thinner and reinstall with new 3m tape and hopefully solve the issue. 

Keep trying at it. Try using the auto up and pull the visor on the outside as it rolls up. I had the same problem when I first installed my vent visors. I left my window up for about a week in the hot sun and it conformed. Haven’t had an issue since 3 days after install. Now a year and few months later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine is the same way on the drivers window.. with AVS in channel...i dont use the auto up anyways.. my old truck didn't have it either.. just use to it, so it doesn't bother me.. 

I bought mine from GM and had the same problem with the driver's side window only. Sanded the flange a little to "thin" it some, worked for a while then started doing it again. Back to the stick on type. no trouble

Here's what I already posted in the thread that is linked above:

Here's the short version that works (it's actually a GM-approved procedure):

1. Roll windows all the way up. As the window closes hold up button for 3-5 seconds.

2. Roll windows all the way down. As the window opens hold down button for 3-5 seconds.

3. Roll windows all the way up. As the window closes hold up button for 15-20 seconds.

4. Leave the windows closed for 24-48 hours. More heat/sun is better since it lets the vent visors mold around the weatherstripping.

Has worked on most of the trucks we have dealt with ....

12 hours ago, sk said:

Here's what I already posted in the thread that is linked above:

Here's the short version that works (it's actually a GM-approved procedure):

1. Roll windows all the way up. As the window closes hold up button for 3-5 seconds.

2. Roll windows all the way down. As the window opens hold down button for 3-5 seconds.

3. Roll windows all the way up. As the window closes hold up button for 15-20 seconds.

4. Leave the windows closed for 24-48 hours. More heat/sun is better since it lets the vent visors mold around the weatherstripping.

Has worked on most of the trucks we have dealt with ....

When it says hold the button do they mean all the way up or down to the express the point b4 the express up?

3 hours ago, Lance455 said:

When it says hold the button do they mean all the way up or down to the express the point b4 the express up?

This worked for me...Thank You So Much.

I bought the 'stick on' AVS low profile ones this time around. I love the flat look, but they're not quite as functional as my old in channel bubble type ones were. Window needs to be up a bit higher to prevent rain from dripping in. No big deal. 

AVS visor.JPG

10 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

I bought the 'stick on' AVS low profile ones this time around. I love the flat look, but they're not quite as functional as my old in channel bubble type ones were. Window needs to be up a bit higher to prevent rain from dripping in. No big deal. 

AVS visor.JPG

I like the look of these :thumbs: