Joke Thread

diyer2

Haven't had enough morning coffee yet, didn't get my comment attached to my re-post of diyer's pic, wanted to say about that bumper skier, when I was in HS we used to call that Higgybocken, I have no idea of the origin of that word, but I suspect it was the combination of the names of a couple of characters from a neighboring small town, Higginbotham and Bockemuhl.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Sky Infrastructure Car Vehicle Road surface

We ain't got no left lanes here..... they are full of Semi trucks passing normal people doing speed limit.  Because I respect Karnut so much I am pulling over to right when I can and they still try to run me off road. HWY speeds on two lane federal highway here is 65. I do 60 most of the time unless its really heavy traffic then I run speed limit to be neighborly.   

5 minutes ago, customboss said:

We ain't got no left lanes here..... they are full of Semi trucks passing normal people doing speed limit.  Because I respect Karnut so much I am pulling over to right when I can and they still try to run me off road. HWY speeds on two lane federal highway here is 65. I do 60 most of the time unless its really heavy traffic then I run speed limit to be neighborly.   

Well gee wiz. I had a scare a few days ago. I was on some  roads outside of Lufkin. The speed limit on the two lane was 75. Too fast for on this hilly area. I was behind a tractor trailer who was struggling with the hills. I wasn’t in a hurry, I rarely am anymore. A hill comes up he’s about at 50 and a slower traffic keep right sign appears. He pulls over I edge up a little than a sign appears lane ends merge right. It really was that quick. I wouldn’t have made it. I never saw such a set up. A hellcat may have made it, it was that quick. It must be for a really struggling trucks to pull over at really slow speeds. I used to be all over these roads clearing pipelines this is new. I saw quite a few between trinity and Lufkin. Came home a different road there was some more. Short little passing zones. Let’s put it this way. If a truck was doing 60 and I floored my CRV there isn’t enough space. These are high truck traffic areas between interstates. Very bad planning. I still can’t believe it. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, customboss said:

gawd that brings back memories

Some of the safety equipment for  kids have come a long way, I agree. Some of my most fond memories were knowing the risks sometimes the hard way. And doing anyway. If I suited up the way they do kids these days to ride bikes. I would have just done more dangerous stuff thinking I was invincible. I used to sled down a curve road. If you went too fast there was a pond to catch you off a cliff. Or if a car was coming there was that pond. Or you could just learn how to roll. My dad and his brothers used to sled the same hill. People aren’t as fearless these days. I don’t know if’s that’s a good thing.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Wood Motor vehicle Font Window Gas

I used to hold a knock out bar while my father handled the sledge hammer. Even worse when he held the bar. I work with my father and brothers most of my life. When I was little I thought my name was. Hey you little son of a b…., when he wanted coffee or the channel changed. I had a rough but enjoyable family.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1