Joke Thread

diyer2

In the car I run about 10mph over on divided highways, in the trucks always 10mph under in the right lane, you don't like it go around! 1 of the trucks has a large keep back sticker on the tailgate and they still tailgate

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

Personally, I don't use this expression because of the "matrimonial" folklore reference but this is not proven to be where this idiom originated. Unfortunately decent words get removed because of offensive historical references.  Many of our street, building and geographical names are being changed because of suspected connections to people(s) who would not be deserving of this honour today.   This is fine in some very specific situations but many/most of these names are arguably far removed from an individual sharing the name. 

WIKI: In English, rule of thumb refers to an approximate method for doing something, based on practical experience rather than theory.[1][2][3] The exact origin of the phrase is uncertain.[4] Its earliest (1685) appearance in print comes from a posthumously published collection of sermons by Scottish preacher James Durham: "Many profest Christians are like to foolish builders, who build by guess, and by rule of thumb (as we use to speak), and not by Square and Rule."[1][5]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

And if you are doing the speed limit and the line forms? 

Do you know where the 'rule of thumb' saying comes from? 

From in hurry humans who live like rodents......

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KARNUT said:

On the interstate the right lane has a minimum speed and a speed limit. The passing lane has a not to impede traffic. I asked a traffic policeman once. You come to a line of speeder who do you stop. The last one in line was the answer. 

I have no issues on interstate, it's the in the hurry mostly Texans on US 160 a two lane undivided highway that love to drive 85 in a 65 mph road.   They have no other way to get across southern CO.  I have seen some death defying passing for sure.  There is not always a wide shoulder to get out of the way either. I have to turn off this same road in mountains and I pull over about 3 miles away before turning into our small county road to get off the rodent train. I swear people act like rodents in traffic. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, customboss said:

I have no issues on interstate, it's the in the hurry mostly Texans on US 160 a two lane undivided highway that love to drive 85 in a 65 mph road.   They have no other way to get across southern CO.  I have seen some death defying passing for sure.  There is not always a wide shoulder to get out of the way either. I have to turn off this same road in mountains and I pull over about 3 miles away before turning into our small county road to get off the rodent train. I swear people act like rodents in traffic. 

I spent most my driving life wishing for decent speeds on the interstates. We are there. Some of the secondary roads in Texas are too fast. Especially where you can’t see far enough to slow down when someone enters. Hwy 59 soon to be 69 has cross traffic and no merge lanes. For the longest time it was 55 mph because of cross traffic. Now it has interstate speeds, ridiculous. I have no problem going fast where it’s safe with good visibility. I avoid HYW 59. People who set speed have lost their minds. It should be 65 on interstates in most cases SanAntonio East on 10 and 20 interstates. People are always going to go 5-8 over, it’s human nature. So at 75mph people are going over. It’s just too fast. I can’t believe I’m saying it but I am. People just don’t pay attention.

• Like 2

I drive according to how I feel, 5+ over, 5 under. If a car is on my a$$ I pull over when it's safe. Luckily where we live the traffic is light so most times it's not a problem no matter my mood.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, garagerog said:

More specifically lemmings.

It just adds to the aspect that poor is a lifestyle. With $3 a gallon gas they could slow down which would equal less wind resistance and hence better mileage, they would save some money. But no, just throw their cash in the fire and complain "I need more MPGs!" 

Another joke:

Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar.

“Get out of here!” shouts the bartender. “We don’t serve your type.”

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, It's Tim said:

It just adds to the aspect that poor is a lifestyle. With $3 a gallon gas they could slow down which would equal less wind resistance and hence better mileage, they would save some money. But no, just throw their cash in the fire and complain "I need more MPGs!" 

Another joke:

Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar.

“Get out of here!” shouts the bartender. “We don’t serve your type.”

You seem to be hung up on the word poor. You mention it often. Someone driving the speed limit could be called a safe driver and frugal. Often times poor is a state of mind for someone who covenants someone else’s life or property. I know people who live a frugal lifestyle and are very happy. Others who are very extended and are miserable. Self satisfaction is a gift. Lifestyle is often times a choice. Especially in this great country. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1