Good news from Apple

Car play working for me okay. Had a glitchy interaction with the podcast player, but disconnected and reconnected, and the problem cleared up. 

I have issues with CarPlay. I have to re pair my IPhone after using it. I just use blue tooth now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an android user (no this isn't going to be an android vs apple post) the absolute best part with my android auto, and soon to be apple carplay is the ability to use waze for navigation.  My favorite integration by far.  My son has an iphone 8 and his car has carplay.  Glad he'll be getting Waze for his in car display as he heads off to college.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, x219c said:

I’ve had problems, but nothing like that. My audio is always 100% whether plugged in or via Bluetooth.

The problem I have is that when my phone is plugged in, it takes forever to skip a song. It’s like the command takes forever to get sent. Not sure if it’s an Apple or Chevy problem. Strange that both of our problems are when the phone is plugged in. I would expect the opposite.

My phone does this too but only with songs that are coming from the cloud. How do I get songs to stay downloaded to my phone? Lol

My phone does this too but only with songs that are coming from the cloud. How do I get songs to stay downloaded to my phone? Lol

If you’re using Apple Music, you should have a cloud button next to the song, or playlist you can press. That should download it to your phone.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:27 AM, x219c said:

I’ve had problems, but nothing like that. My audio is always 100% whether plugged in or via Bluetooth.

The problem I have is that when my phone is plugged in, it takes forever to skip a song. It’s like the command takes forever to get sent. Not sure if it’s an Apple or Chevy problem. Strange that both of our problems are when the phone is plugged in. I would expect the opposite.

Have you had the truck updated?  I had mine in about 2 months ago for an unrelated issue, they told me they reprogrammed everything to give me a bunch of updates.  before the update I had HUGE issues with CarPlay.  After the update I have zero issues.  It works just as I felt it should.  it's quick, and does everything i want, when I want.  

Have you had the truck updated?  I had mine in about 2 months ago for an unrelated issue, they told me they reprogrammed everything to give me a bunch of updates.  before the update I had HUGE issues with CarPlay.  After the update I have zero issues.  It works just as I felt it should.  it's quick, and does everything i want, when I want.  

I haven’t done that... any chance you have any version numbers? In my limited experience, my dealership doesn’t like to do updates unless there’s problems. I just don’t want to waste my time going in for a “works as expected.”

On 6/15/2018 at 12:37 AM, x219c said:

I haven’t done that... any chance you have any version numbers? In my limited experience, my dealership doesn’t like to do updates unless there’s problems. I just don’t want to waste my time going in for a “works as expected.”

Software - 84296469

Gracenote - 23199236

Hopefully those are the numbers needed.  My iPhone is a 6+ running iOS 11.4, and to say I found it sluggish is an understatement.  I actually once damned near tossed my iPhone out the window because it would not, quickly make a text for me.  I did actually toss it across the cab of the truck.  Shocked it didn't smash, or something.  The only issue I have has since, is once CarPlay did not initialize, I needed to Reset the app on the actual phone.  

• Like 1

Software - 84296469
Gracenote - 23199236

Hopefully those are the numbers needed.  My iPhone is a 6+ running iOS 11.4, and to say I found it sluggish is an understatement.  I actually once damned near tossed my iPhone out the window because it would not, quickly make a text for me.  I did actually toss it across the cab of the truck.  Shocked it didn't smash, or something.  The only issue I have has since, is once CarPlay did not initialize, I needed to Reset the app on the actual phone.  

I’ll have to check my versions and bring it in. Thanks for getting those!

I’m running an iPhone X and 11.4. It did this with my last iPhone too, though, which was 6+ months ago. We’ll see.

To be clear, the only time it’s sluggish is when I’m changing songs. Otherwise it’s been great. This phone and last. Really weird.

iPhone 5s running ios11.3 here. I’ve had most of the issues described. The crackling, popping music is the most annoying, but it happens very seldom. Usually unplugging and plugging back in works. Twice it has locked up the entire head unit. I stopped on the side of the interstate the second time and shut the truck off and turn it back on. It didn’t help. Leaving the truck off and parked for a few hours was the fix in that situation. Having Siri send text is always sluggish. Haven’t found a fix for that yet. Changing songs seems slow, but what I have found is that if I have been listening to and change the volume, hitting next once doesn’t do anything. I hit next again on the steering wheel paddle a few seconds later and it works fine. If I don’t like the next song, and I haven’t adjusted the volume, when I hit next again it changes right away. Now I’m just used to pressing next twice if I know I’ve change the volume. All things considered, I love CarPlay and this iPhone 5s has issues daily, not just when running CarPlay so I assume itll get better with a newer device. I’m def about to demo this Waze app. Haven’t tried it yet! 

Edited by rudyb

On 6/20/2018 at 1:37 AM, rudyb said:

iPhone 5s running ios11.3 here. I’ve had most of the issues described. The crackling, popping music is the most annoying, but it happens very seldom. Usually unplugging and plugging back in works. Twice it has locked up the entire head unit. I stopped on the side of the interstate the second time and shut the truck off and turn it back on. It didn’t help. Leaving the truck off and parked for a few hours was the fix in that situation. Having Siri send text is always sluggish. Haven’t found a fix for that yet. Changing songs seems slow, but what I have found is that if I have been listening to and change the volume, hitting next once doesn’t do anything. I hit next again on the steering wheel paddle a few seconds later and it works fine. If I don’t like the next song, and I haven’t adjusted the volume, when I hit next again it changes right away. Now I’m just used to pressing next twice if I know I’ve change the volume. All things considered, I love CarPlay and this iPhone 5s has issues daily, not just when running CarPlay so I assume itll get better with a newer device. I’m def about to demo this Waze app. Haven’t tried it yet! 

I would suggest getting the truck update....you describe just how my 6 was acting, now, it's night and day different.  

Thanks for all the info. Have been pulling my hair out over the lack of consistent CarPlay in my 16 Silverado.  Even had the dealer look at id during last service and they said the system was current and "couldn't replicate the problem."  Based on the version numbers provided they were wrong.  

Also glad to hear Apple is opening the infrastructure to allow the other applications in CarPlay.

On 6/12/2018 at 2:46 PM, Jchoi said:

Car play working for me okay. Had a glitchy interaction with the podcast player, but disconnected and reconnected, and the problem cleared up. 

Mine glitched out last week, too! It was playing the podcast I was listening to, but the screen was blank. I had to connect and disconnect 3 times and force close the podcast app on the phone in order to get it to work. I listen to podcasts all the time. This was the first time I had an issue.