What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

Very interested in that headlight switch mod, I was just about to mount two micro switches by mine to run a couple of other lights.

Are you looking to tie both sets of lights to the one switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have two different auxiliary circuits I was going to run (my truck doesn't have fog lights) so I like the look of two extra switches in the headlight switch.  I know a lot of the factory switching though is sending momentary signal to the bcm so I don't know that it would work anyway. One circuit needs constant ground to work and the other needs a constant 12V, not momentary.  

Oh and I wish there was a way to dim the factory radio at night more than the dimmer wheel does.  

2018 Silverado LS 4X4 crew cab, Special service

Lighting. Using the extra Off Road Light Button on the OEM Switch to drive a set of lights.

I have very little interest on HUD (right now) due to programming, hardware needed, modification to get things to physical fit, etc.

The Instrument Panel Switch, I’m looking to use the extra (non-optioned buttons) to drive other things. One idea - to switch between a rear camera and a front camera input. Since my HMI is unlocked, I can pull the the rear camera anytime. Would be nice to switch that camera to a front camera like when parking.

The new buttons would take on the AUX 1 / AUX 2 caps.

d194fcbdf40a07352c3092acb0d22b07.jpg

How did you unlock the HMI? Does it ruin warranty?

• Like 1

How did you unlock the HMI? Does it ruin warranty?

Sent it off to Whiteautoandmedia.com.

Warranty? I don’t know. :).

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 6:16 AM, pgamboa said:

Lighting. Using the extra Off Road Light Button on the OEM Switch to drive a set of lights.

I have very little interest on HUD (right now) due to programming, hardware needed, modification to get things to physical fit, etc.

The Instrument Panel Switch, I’m looking to use the extra (non-optioned buttons) to drive other things. One idea - to switch between a rear camera and a front camera input. Since my HMI is unlocked, I can pull the the rear camera anytime. Would be nice to switch that camera to a front camera like when parking.

The new buttons would take on the AUX 1 / AUX 2 caps.

d194fcbdf40a07352c3092acb0d22b07.jpg

Quick question about your Camera . I also had W.A.M.S Unlock My HMI , Is there something else that needs to be done to the camera  ?

When I hit the camera icon on the touch screen it switches to a blue screen & says camera error , Unless I put it in Reverse first , than the

camera stays on for about 20 seconds countdown in the upper right corner & then goes Blue screen ...

• Like 1

Quick question about your Camera . I also had W.A.M.S Unlock My HMI , Is there something else that needs to be done to the camera  ?

When I hit the camera icon on the touch screen it switches to a blue screen & says camera error , Unless I put it in Reverse first , than the

camera stays on for about 20 seconds countdown in the upper right corner & then goes Blue screen ...

Yes. You have to feed it power all the time. Right now, the power of fed from the reverse trigger signal. Let me look at this and get back to you.

PM on it.

4 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yes. You have to feed it power all the jump. Right now, the power of fed from the reverse trigger signal. Let me look at this and get back to you.

PM on it.

thank you , very much appreciate your help ... Also need to order those harnesses from you .

On 8/17/2018 at 3:19 PM, goeb34 said:

The damn seatbelt in my way truck is way louder and i have no idea how to quiet it

There are other threads on this so do a search and you will find lots of info.  I recommend getting 1 or 2 of these:

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/chevrolet-silverado-seat-belt-extender/

Just get the 3" Rigid in the color to match your trim.  You can leave it plugged in all the time and still latch/unlatch your seatbelt easily.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:09 AM, pgamboa said:

7fae66741e0e8050f910600f9abb0bbc.jpg

78820af8fd9d4cfa215f0d198956de25.jpg

5aa41ccce3dd1e542fcb0d2a98415b1d.jpg

9caf77d2ddbd5a1977607c941b5bfabe.jpg

Work in Progress.

That's a lot of wiring!

Keep us informed.  I want to do something similar but a little simpler (just drive an extra set of LED lights off the additional button on the lower right of the headlight knob).

• Like 1