What's the next mod we all want Phil Gamboa to figure out?

I want to have the power memory seats be a "one-press" button as well.  Why do I have to hold the button down???  

So this might be known already, but if you set the Auto memory recall (includes seats, mirrors, pedals) in the infotainment system when you get in with your key/fob it will sense which fob it is and move the seat to the saved position. You can also set an exit position(shared feature between all keys called "Easy exit recall") that moves the seat when you open your door. I am about 6'3 and the wife is about 5'2 so its nice never having to "adjust" the seat or mirrors. Just be sure which key you have as I was driving with key 2 and didnt know it, I wanted key one lol.

Edited by Dustin S
  • Like 2

That’s nice and all of you take the keys out every night and each use a different set of keys and key fob. We never remove the keys from our vehicles because they are in a locked garage each night. So one key is always used.

Her Acadia has the same issue with the button. Got to hold it down to get the seat to the saved position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to have the power memory seats be a "one-press" button as well.  Why do I have to hold the button down???  
If you hold down on the unlock button it moves the seat like just about every other vehicle that does it with one click? Wish I had known this for the last several years. Don't know how many times I've went to jump in and get rejected because the wife was the last to drive it and the seat was nearly to the dash.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, B R A D said:

If you hold down on the unlock button it moves the seat like just about every other vehicle that does it with one click? Wish I had known this for the last several years. Don't know how many times I've went to jump in and get rejected because the wife was the last to drive it and the seat was nearly to the dash.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don't know about the unlock button.  Mine has the programmable seats, with a position 1 & 2 on the door.  And a third position meant to go "all the way back" for exiting.

My wife's Buick you can tap the buttons and they'll go to their programmed position.  My truck you have to hold the button down.  

Our 2016 Suburban is the same way. You have to hold the button down. Our 2011 Acadia you jut hit the button and the seats and all moved.

Another thing is the high beam switch. What is with having to move it forward to turn on the high beams and then pull back to turn them off. On my 2014 Cruze when you move the turn signal handle forward it is spring loaded to return back to normal position. Then to turn the high beams off you can either pull it back and let go or push it forward and let go. To me this is a better set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about the unlock button.  Mine has the programmable seats, with a position 1 & 2 on the door.  And a third position meant to go "all the way back" for exiting.

My wife's Buick you can tap the buttons and they'll go to their programmed position.  My truck you have to hold the button down.  
Ok...that's the way mine is, annoying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 10/25/2018 at 7:33 AM, Nick The Great said:

I dont know if it has been said, but my 2014 High Country is 1 touch seat recall when truck is ON. Only have to hold it when truck is OFF.

Yep since I’ve had my 18 I definitely miss my power rear sliding window. I’m throwing that in the list of things for Phil lol. You can use my truck for the guinea pig if you want. I have no problem making the trip lol

Edited by MHPrior80
  • Like 1

Make the temperature gauge on the stereo display the correct outside temp without having to meet all the BS requirements of:

The outside temperature will begin to update if driven above 20 mph for at least 5 minutes. If the vehicle speed drops below 20 mph, the timer will reset and the display will stop updating. Once the display starts to update, it may take several more minutes of driving above 20 mph for the display to fully update.

Why not just have the true outside temp displayed, and then behind the scenes have the "the truck is trying to figure out what ambient temp it needs to tell the computer it is" algorithm going directly to the computer that needs to know that?

8 hours ago, Mileguru said:

Make the temperature gauge on the stereo display the correct outside temp without having to meet all the BS requirements of:

The outside temperature will begin to update if driven above 20 mph for at least 5 minutes. If the vehicle speed drops below 20 mph, the timer will reset and the display will stop updating. Once the display starts to update, it may take several more minutes of driving above 20 mph for the display to fully update.

Why not just have the true outside temp displayed, and then behind the scenes have the "the truck is trying to figure out what ambient temp it needs to tell the computer it is" algorithm going directly to the computer that needs to know that?

That drives me nuts! There are days that it never updates. Makes me think there is something wrong with it.

Maybe a stupid question, is there a way to have the current hvac setting for a 2018 LT display all the time? Mine displays when I change something but then goes away. I'd like it to always show on the screen what settings are active...

• 2 weeks later...