Post your latest oil change.

I have been using AMSOIL for only about 73,000 miles. Before that, I ran Mobil 1 for about 60k.

No issues with either, other than the typical seeping seals and gaskets of a 200k+ mile engine. It doesn't leak enough to drip or "use" oil.

I have seen good results on oil analysis with AMSOIL, so I am pretty comfortable running it over 10,000 miles on a change.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As long as it’s not stop and go traffic as well as lots of idling I’d stick with what you’ve got, but if you’re doing the above which is considered severe use then I’d run the Signature Series for that amount of mileage on OCI’s.

Good luck and thanks for posting.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Just purchased an 02 Avalanche my second. I’ve been looking for a clean one. So far trans fluid exchange and power steering. Checked the rear end fluid. Surprise to find a factory drain. Will be changing in a few days. Oil was done by last owner 200 miles ago. Will change before it’s get hot here in Texas. 165K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just purchased an 02 Avalanche my second. I’ve been looking for a clean one. So far trans fluid exchange and power steering. Checked the rear end fluid. Surprise to find a factory drain. Will be changing in a few days. Oil was done by last owner 200 miles ago. Will change before it’s get hot here in Texas. 165K.

I’d change it all, previous guy probably used jiffy lubes cheapest oil. You’ll have exact records but most of all, Swap it all out and have a peace of mind. Good luck and do post pics

Sent from Above

28 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

I’d change it all, previous guy probably used jiffy lubes cheapest oil. You’ll have exact records but most of all, Swap it all out and have a peace of mind. Good luck and do post pics

Sent from Above

It came with complete records, has mobile 1 in it now. Upgrading to Amsoil in a couple weeks.

54C118FC-E74C-4273-AF67-B6CA80E30AB3.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Yes, the same as my 2002 Silverado which has a drain plug in the bottom of the rear diff.  It sure makes changing the fluid an easy job.

13 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Yes, the same as my 2002 Silverado which has a drain plug in the bottom of the rear diff.  It sure makes changing the fluid an easy job.

I was going to use my vacuum pump, this is better.

7 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Agree, only downfall is you can't clean the magnet.

I’ll probably pull it in the fall. I’m gonna use it like a flush. When I buy an older vehicle I usually go through everything fast then 6 months later I do it again at a slower pace. Same thing with pulling the transmission pan. Lucky my old family business I retired from I get my fluids cheap. I probably wouldn’t put 2K miles on it by then.

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

I’ll probably pull it in the fall. I’m gonna use it like a flush. When I buy an older vehicle I usually go through everything fast then 6 months later I do it again at a slower pace. Same thing with pulling the transmission pan. Lucky my old family business I retired from I get my fluids cheap. I probably wouldn’t put 2K miles on it by then.

Nice!  :)

Edited by Black02Silverado