Jump to content

What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????


Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 2:04 AM, Transient said:

It's been a month.  Is there an update?

 

Yup. The repair cost was at $24,****** after tearing the front end apart but before any work. The body shop is still waiting on any parts to come in and said it would be probably after the first of the year before its fixed. They are going to have to cut the entire front inner fender structure off the firewall and weld a new one on. They are also going to have to cut the front 1 foot off the driver side frame rail and replace it. That's still not enough for insurnace to total the truck. They said the repair had to be at $38,****** to total it.

 

So I traded it yesterday for a 2024 Silverado LTZ 3.0 Duramax that is spec'd out the same as a High Country. I didn't want to deal with the issues that truck was going to have after it was fixed, and I was only 10 days from running out of rental coverage. The only real difference in the new one and my old white one is the sunroof, HUD, camera rearview mirror, and bed view camera. I've still got several things to do to the new truck to make it what I want, but it should be there in about a week or 2 (wheel to wheel step bars, tinted windows, POV FD response lights, glow tie, PPE transmission cooler, PPE transmission line block, & dash cameras).

20231123_114620.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2018 at 2:13 PM, DougFL said:

This just showed up today and is already installed!

 

K & N.jpg

I heard the wet style air filter are not very healthy for turbo engines. I ran the k&n for about a day also and I didn't really liked the extra whistling noise coming from the turbo.. return it and I upgraded my 2021 3.0 Duramax air filter with one of this...

https://www.aemintakes.com/air-filters/chevrolet/silverado-1500/3.0l-l6-diesel/2021.

 

No issues after 50.000km of using it...at still plenty of life left on it.

 

 

Edited by OctavianCDA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

 

Yup. The repair cost was at $24,****** after tearing the front end apart but before any work. The body shop is still waiting on any parts to come in and said it would be probably after the first of the year before its fixed. They are going to have to cut the entire front inner fender structure off the firewall and weld a new one on. They are also going to have to cut the front 1 foot off the driver side frame rail and replace it. That's still not enough for insurnace to total the truck. They said the repair had to be at $38,****** to total it.

 

So I traded it yesterday for a 2024 Silverado LTZ 3.0 Duramax that is spec'd out the same as a High Country. I didn't want to deal with the issues that truck was going to have after it was fixed, and I was only 10 days from running out of rental coverage. The only real difference in the new one and my old white one is the sunroof, HUD, camera rearview mirror, and bed view camera. I've still got several things to do to the new truck to make it what I want, but it should be there in about a week or 2 (wheel to wheel step bars, tinted windows, POV FD response lights, glow tie, PPE transmission cooler, PPE transmission line block, & dash cameras).

20231123_114620.jpg

You did the right thing. I wouldn't want a new truck all patched together either. 

The 24 is sweet. What was the sticker on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

 

Yup. The repair cost was at $24,****** after tearing the front end apart but before any work. The body shop is still waiting on any parts to come in and said it would be probably after the first of the year before its fixed. They are going to have to cut the entire front inner fender structure off the firewall and weld a new one on. They are also going to have to cut the front 1 foot off the driver side frame rail and replace it. That's still not enough for insurnace to total the truck. They said the repair had to be at $38,****** to total it.

 

So I traded it yesterday for a 2024 Silverado LTZ 3.0 Duramax that is spec'd out the same as a High Country. I didn't want to deal with the issues that truck was going to have after it was fixed, and I was only 10 days from running out of rental coverage. The only real difference in the new one and my old white one is the sunroof, HUD, camera rearview mirror, and bed view camera. I've still got several things to do to the new truck to make it what I want, but it should be there in about a week or 2 (wheel to wheel step bars, tinted windows, POV FD response lights, glow tie, PPE transmission cooler, PPE transmission line block, & dash cameras).

20231123_114620.jpg

You were able to trade in a truck with $24,000+ collision damage before it had even been repaired?  Wow, that sounds like a dealer desperate for some inventory!  

 

Did they give you fair market value assuming it makes it out repairs o.k.?  If so, did you take a hit on value with the major repair?  What if it ends up being totalled? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

You were able to trade in a truck with $24,000+ collision damage before it had even been repaired?  Wow, that sounds like a dealer desperate for some inventory!  

 

Did they give you fair market value assuming it makes it out repairs o.k.?  If so, did you take a hit on value with the major repair?  What if it ends up being totalled? 

 

They aren't desperate for inventory. I only buy vehicles from them and have bought about 25 vehicles from them in the last 8 years. I'm good friends with the salesman.

 

I took a hit on the trade value (about $5k). Unfortunately Indiana doesn't have first party diminished value (only GA does). With the at fault parties insurance having sub par coverage to pay for the damages, I had to go through my insurance. They won't total it. It's still very far away from totaling ($13k) and they have assessed all the damages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

 

They aren't desperate for inventory. I only buy vehicles from them and have bought about 25 vehicles from them in the last 8 years. I'm good friends with the salesman.

 

I took a hit on the trade value (about $5k). Unfortunately Indiana doesn't have first party diminished value (only GA does). With the at fault parties insurance having sub par coverage to pay for the damages, I had to go through my insurance. They won't total it. It's still very far away from totaling ($13k) and they have assessed all the damages.

That's amazing.  You came out of this ordeal smelling like a rose!  Congrats and enjoy the new truck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

That's amazing.  You came out of this ordeal smelling like a rose!  Congrats and enjoy the new truck.

 

I wouldn't say like a rose. I took at hit on the trade. I think I came out ok though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since my truck is not intended  for a work truck, I wanted to dress up the bed a little.   I added the swing case tool box from Realtruck.  OK it has a few tools in it.  It makes good storage.  Installation is very simple and the swing feature is great.

 

Installed a divider mid bed to help keep cargo within reach of the tailgate when I don't need the full length bed.  Added a small fire extinguisher just in case.

 

Added the bed rug bed mat to dress up the floor.  The XLT goes across onto the tailgate.  The one for the multipro gate leaves the top section of the gate uncovered.  I felt that looked a little bare.  So I decided to dress that part up with some wood strips

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9842.jpg

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GlowTie ✔️

Rear Black bowtie ✔️

Boost Autoparts Auto Fog ✔️

Interior front dash lights (VFD) ✔️

Dash camera ✔️

Windows tinted ✔️

 

I only took a picture of the Glowtie and the black bowtie on the tailgate. The Glowtie was really easy to install (about 15 minutes total). The tailgate gold bowtie was barely hanging on and there was a bunch of water behind it. 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

GlowTie ✔️

Rear Black bowtie ✔️

Boost Autoparts Auto Fog ✔️

Interior front dash lights (VFD) ✔️

Dash camera ✔️

Windows tinted ✔️

 

I only took a picture of the Glowtie and the black bowtie on the tailgate. The Glowtie was really easy to install (about 15 minutes total). The tailgate gold bowtie was barely hanging on and there was a bunch of water behind it. 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Look's Good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.