MotorTrend at4 review

Surprised at the "as tested" price of 75K+ for both the AT4 and Denali.  On KBB.com priced a Pacific Blue 6.2 instead of Black AT4 and came out to $64,080.  Only notable option missing was a sunroof otherwise it was fully loaded.  Hard to believe someone would pile on another 11K in options, accessories, etc... to bring price to 75K.   Just sayin....

Article is dead on. Bottom line, these new GM trucks are overpriced compared to the competitors. It sounds like GM knows it too. You can get a loaded Ram Limited or even a Raptor for less than that AT4 at their as tested price.

And adaptive cruise coming later next year? Definitely holding off until the prices come down and the full rollout is complete. 

Good review. They are pretty spot on. Although the new GM twins are leaps and bounds better then the outgoing model , it’s just not a home run they needed to take sales to a higher level.  Also the price does not make sense either. Most expensive Denali I have priced is 68,200. Aren’t those Canadian prices ? Being higher 

3 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Good review. They are pretty spot on. Although the new GM twins are leaps and bounds better then the outgoing model , it’s just not a home run they needed to take sales to a higher level.  Also the price does not make sense either. Most expensive Denali I have priced is 68,200. Aren’t those Canadian prices ? Being higher 

Our local GMC dealer here had a Denali at $71K

I'm not a luxury truck buyer.  I bought a "base" Sierra.  Being a GM fan, I really did see the Denali trucks as quite the status symbol.  I believe there was a time when they were the most luxurious pickup truck on the market.  But lately, I've been reading so much about how the competition is doing a better job.  Maybe the reviews are right. 

I think maybe where the competition has gone wrong though is branding and marketing.  "Limited" is not a term distinct to the luxury truck market like "Denali" is.  (Ok, I'm choosing to ignore the Terrain and Acadia Denali.)  "Denali" says you've arrived, in a big (probably black), powerful, and luxurious truck.  "Limited" could mean you've added a lot of options to your Hyundai Elantra.  Yes, Limited is a trim level available on a Hyundai Elantra. 

4 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Our local GMC dealer here had a Denali at $71K

Does it have anything like exhaust or maybe bed cover or something in that area ? The 68k Denali is Denali ultimate package. What could be driving the cost 3k more grand or heck 8 more grand according to MT

10 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Does it have anything like exhaust or maybe bed cover or something in that area ? The 68k Denali is Denali ultimate package. What could be driving the cost 3k more grand or heck 8 more grand according to MT

Dealer added accessories I assume.

Had Trifold Bed cover and Cat back Performance exhaust and GMC MultiPro power steps (whatever that is)

These 3 options/accessories add up to 3600 alone.

ok that makes more sense now . I would call those accessories like you said and not actual options. Yes you have the option to include them but the Denali ultimate package gives you everything possible minus accessories .