High Country LED Cluster Goes Blank

I've had my High Country for a little over a week so far and I noticed on three separate occasions that the LED cluster will "turn off" and then come back on while underway.  The speedo and tach continue to function normally.  The first time it happened, I was at a stop and the display stayed off for about a minute and the steering wheel controls to change the display did not function or had significant delayed response.  AfterI turned the truck off and restarted it, it did not come back on the first time.  I let it sit for an hour or so and when I tried again it came back just like normal.  The second time it happened it turned off while I was accelerating from a stop sign and the truck stumbled for a split second and then the display returned and the truck drove fine.  The third time it happened it turned off while driving and then turned right back on with no effect on the driving.

I also noticed on occasion that the entry video of the Chevrolet bowtie / image on the dash cluster display will "blink" and have lines running through it like there is a loose connection somewhere but intermittent.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I need to bring it to the dealer, but want to be able to reproduce it so they can diagnose and fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

7 minutes ago, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

I've had my High Country for a little over a week so far and I noticed on three separate occasions that the LED cluster will "turn off" and then come back on while underway.  The speedo and tach continue to function normally.  The first time it happened, I was at a stop and the display stayed off for about a minute and the steering wheel controls to change the display did not function or had significant delayed response.  AfterI turned the truck off and restarted it, it did not come back on the first time.  I let it sit for an hour or so and when I tried again it came back just like normal.  The second time it happened it turned off while I was accelerating from a stop sign and the truck stumbled for a split second and then the display returned and the truck drove fine.  The third time it happened it turned off while driving and then turned right back on with no effect on the driving.

I also noticed on occasion that the entry video of the Chevrolet bowtie / image on the dash cluster display will "blink" and have lines running through it like there is a loose connection somewhere but intermittent.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I need to bring it to the dealer, but want to be able to reproduce it so they can diagnose and fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

So few new 2019 T1 owners here for now.

You will probably get a faster answer by just taking it to the dealer.

Unfortunate for sure. Sounds like the electrical problems some of the early K2's were having with a bad ground up near the drivers side dash speaker.

Today it blanked out again, but it happened when I went to scroll the DIC pages.  This time it didn't stumble though.  As soon as I touched the steering wheel controls, it blanked and then came back on.  This leads me to believe it may have something to do with the steering wheel control pad.  I just need it to do it more frequently or figure out how to make it go blank before I send it back to the dealer to diagnose / repair.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully it’s an easy fix. It’s always frustrating when your going down the road and your instrument cluster goes blank. I would recommend calling Chevy customer care to report the issues and also work with your dealer. I’ve just discovered you get more accomplished when you talk with both. Good luck. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 10:15 PM, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

It’s been very sporadic but has done it a couple of more times. It always comes right back on after it goes out. I will report it when I take it back to get the windows tinted. 

Hi, Mike. We understand how important it is for you to have a positive vehicle ownership experience, especially after purchasing a new Silverado High Country. If you’re considering visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. Feel free to send us a private message, if you’d like to further discuss your situation, please send us a private message.

Anthony J.

• Like 1

My LED cluster and HUD are both going off intermittently.  One time it did it 4 times in a row.  It goes out for about 5 seconds each time and then everything comes back on one piece of info at a time.  This is on my new 2019 High Country with a 6.2L.

Happened today on my 6.2 LTZ.  Went out for maybe 3-5 seconds, but came right back on.  I was switching bluetooth devices, and radio simultaneously so thought it just got confused and reset itself.  I have about 1200mi on it so far, so will try to see if it does it again in the near future