2018 Silverado 1500 1.5" Leveling Kit - Shop Says No Alignment Needed - are they wrong?

Howdy, All! New to Silverado ownership and new to the forum. I'm looking for advice and opinion on my situation. 

On my 2018 Silverado 1500, I just installed the MotoFab 1.5" front end leveling kit found here: https://amzn.to/2QDFgwO

I took everyone's advice and brought it to the shop this morning for an alignment. They said the truck didn't need an alignment and that while my "angles" are at .34 and .35 (which is more than the factory spec) that I'm fine to drive it and alignment is not needed.  

Does this sound right?  Truck drove fine for the 5 mile trip to the shop, wheel felt a little light at full right/left but but it tracked straight and wasn't squirrely.  Should I go get a second opinion? 

Yes, typically when anything with suspension geometry is altered you’ll need an alignment. If i adjust height upwards on my race car, toe goes out and camber goes positive. I’d imagine it’s the same on these trucks (don’t quote me on that though [emoji38])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jpw3280 said:

my "angles" are at .34 and .35 (which is more than the factory spec)

There is a factory spec for a reason.  Find a shop that wants to make your truck right, not just close to right.

• Like 2

I assume you're talking about caster angles?

Does anyone have the factory specs handy?

Mine were -.29 left and -.32 on the right. Mine doesn't drive like I want it to. Sometimes it seems to not return to neutral. Sometimes it will drift right and sometimes left.

• Like 1

Howdy, All! New to Silverado ownership and new to the forum. I'm looking for advice and opinion on my situation. 

On my 2018 Silverado 1500, I just installed the MotoFab 1.5" front end leveling kit found here: https://amzn.to/2QDFgwO

I took everyone's advice and brought it to the shop this morning for an alignment. They said the truck didn't need an alignment and that while my "angles" are at .34 and .35 (which is more than the factory spec) that I'm fine to drive it and alignment is not needed.  

Does this sound right?  Truck drove fine for the 5 mile trip to the shop, wheel felt a little light at full right/left but but it tracked straight and wasn't squirrely.  Should I go get a second opinion? 

Very wrong! Alignment is very necessary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1