2019 Tahoe Remote/FOB Issues

Hello,

I just got my new 6.2L Tahoe and love it.  However, having issues with the FOB/Remote.  It has passive locks and I can be standing directly at the door and it won't unlock!  It won't remote start from 40ft. looking right at it through a window in my house.  Seems like VERY WEAK SIGNAL for some reason. My 2017 Duramax can remote start from inside my office and 50-75 ft away!!  No problems at all.   

I went to my local Chevy store here in town and after asking and explaining, it seems there was a bulletin out that said "full strings of info aren't being transmitted", and they suggested re-programming BOTH remotes.  They did it yesterday......today, same thing.  I can't remote start from any distance at all, and again, standing at the door with FOB in my pocket, notta.......BUT, only occasionally!  Some times it works like a champ, others, not so much.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks and hope to hear from others if this happens not to just be MY new Tahoe having issues!

Thanks,

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE!  After changing every sensor on the truck related to the FOB & the Keyless Remote Entry System, oh yeah and TWO new FOBS, the system and Tahoe are now functioning properly, as it should.  The Dealer, Hendrick Chevy Cadillac in Monroe, NC, were great to work with and had not ever seen this problem, nor had the Tech Advisor from GM, so they whittled it down part by part and sensor by sensor.  Turns out it was the Main Control Module for the Remote Locking System.  I took 3 weeks to get the part, as there were none in the USA at the time, but once it arrived and it was installed, ALL GOOD NOW!!!  Big shout out to Jessica, Service Writer, and the entire team at Hendrick Monroe for not giving up and ultimately, making it right again!!

So, if you have the same issues:  FOB not working properly, doors won't unlock with just a touch, even if you're standing right there, and can't remote start it from 20ft., don't screw around with sensors, just replace the control unit!!!

Love it, and it's the best vehicle I've had, in this class.....still love my 2500HD Duramax as much!

IMG_0367.jpg

• 4 months later...

Great info. Just bought my Tahoe.. Sometimes when I push the unlock button on the door it doesn't work.. have to hit it again. I will try the key fob from further away.. I am wondering if I have the same problem.