2019 Silverado Remote Start Upgrade

I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 and my key fob only has the lock/unlock, and the panic button on it. I saw that the official Chevy accessories page has the key fobs with remote start, tail gate unlock on them as well. If I get one, will I be able to have the dealership program it on my current truck so I can have remote start or is this only for replacement for owners that already have the same key fob?

5 Button Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob
Part No. 84312372

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500/5-button-keyless-entry-remote-key-fob-84312372?categoryId=12001

Thanks much!

Edited by Semedar
Changed title to reflect topic accurately

Good question.  I would think that you will not be able to just get a different FOB and get it programed.  It is the different trim levels that offer the extras which would have different hardware installed.  But I could be wrong.  Hopefully someone will know.

Silverados without remote tailgate release have just a normal handle on the gate instead of a button, so you’d definitely need some hardware for that. Installing factory remote start in previous generations required a module and programming. Not sure if they sell the factory kit for the 19s.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, OnTheReel said:

Silverados without remote tailgate release have just a normal handle on the gate instead of a button, so you’d definitely need some hardware for that. Installing factory remote start in previous generations required a module and programming. Not sure if they sell the factory kit for the 19s.

So I found this:

Remote Start (W/O Power Tailgate) - GM (84312373)

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-parts/gm-remote-start-w-o-power-tailgate-84312373/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJvbmljcyZzPXJlbW90ZS1zdGFydCZhPWNoZXZyb2xldCZvPXNpbHZlcmFkby0xNTAwJnk9MjAxOSZ0PWN1c3RvbSZlPTQtM2wtdjYtZ2Fz

Website shows it fits my Silverado. I’ll talk to my dealership to see if they can install it. Parts page says it comes with its own two key fobs so hopefully this will give me remote start. ?

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, Semedar said:

I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 and my key fob only has the lock/unlock, and the panic button on it. I saw that the official Chevy accessories page has the key fobs with remote start, tail gate unlock on them as well. If I get one, will I be able to have the dealership program it on my current truck so I can have remote start or is this only for replacement for owners that already have the same key fob?

5 Button Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob
Part No. 84312372

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500/5-button-keyless-entry-remote-key-fob-84312372?categoryId=12001

Thanks much!

Do you have the old body style? or the new body style?

On 7/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, Derek Keith Carbonneau said:

Did you ever find the answer to this? I have the WT, but with the automatic tailgate. Did you just have to buy the kit and install it?

Not yet unfortunately. It's still on my to-do list though! If it's possible..

I asked the service advisor what i needed to do besides buying the remote start fob kit, and this was his reply:

Install for the remote start would be $210 (1.5 hours of labor) as it requires calling general motors for a special calibration to add remote start to the BCM and both key fobs to be programmed.

so it looks like you need to buy the fob kit, they’ll install and program, and you’ll be good! 

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 12:07 AM, Derek Keith Carbonneau said:

I asked the service advisor what i needed to do besides buying the remote start fob kit, and this was his reply:

Install for the remote start would be $210 (1.5 hours of labor) as it requires calling general motors for a special calibration to add remote start to the BCM and both key fobs to be programmed.

so it looks like you need to buy the fob kit, they’ll install and program, and you’ll be good! 

I wonder if it’ll show up on the GM myChevy app for the auto start feature once it’s installed. Or will I have to rely just on the fob.

• 2 weeks later...

5 Button Keyless Entry Remote Key Fob Part No. 84312372 https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500/5-button-keyless-entry-remote-key-fob-84312372?categoryId=12001

Thanks much!

Is your truck equipped with push button start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...