What did you pay for your truck?

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a 19 Sierra At4 with an MSRP of around 65k. I am seeing from previous pages people paying about 53-55 OTD. Are you getting basic rebates and price reductions or are you getting some sort of special GM employee discounts?

Thanks

Drew

7 hours ago, Trailboss LT said:

2019 LT Trailboss, sticker was $54K, got it for $42K before tax and tag.

Wow mine would barely move! maybe they sell better here, or I am just really bad at negotiation. Did you get leather, and sunroof and such?

Edited by tsbond

2 hours ago, tsbond said:

Wow mine would barely move! maybe they sell better here, or I am just really bad at negotiation. Did you get leather, and sunroof and such?

Leather yeah, not sunroof. It was almost impossible to find a Trailboss with sunroof.

It depends when you buy it, I got mine on Memorial Day weekend, I think that helped with the discounts, plus I used the Costco auto program.

Did you get the advance trailer package with all the cameras? or the HUD?

Thanks 

11 hours ago, scdaren said:

Seems like $10k to $12k discount is the average, that's always where I've landed.  Some people do much better, especially on the higher priced trims.

Don’t forget it’s the internet and without knowing all the information like is it purchase or lease, did they have a trade, what type of financing I would not put too much value on these “I paid xx” posts. 20k off sounds good until you realize someone got 5k less for their trade, they financed at 10% APR due to bad credit or are not including the 10k in “dealer installed accessories”. At the end of the day, too many variables go into a car purchase and it’s impossible to paint a complete picture in a single post. Not saying some of these deals aren’t possible, there’s crazy circumstances like you came 30 min before closing on quarter end and the dealer was 1 sale away from hitting their quarterly bonus and giving an extra 5k off your truck would earn them 50k in bonuses or you are buddies with the son of the dealership, member of military and GM employee who happens to qualify for 9/10 rebates to get to 20k off. Without getting that complete information these posts should really be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

• Like 1

I bought straight out and, was very happy to get $11k off the sticker. I've saw where before my dealership had $12k. But, I just looked at a pretty much new 2018 Silverado, same trim my 19 is and, I thank my lucky stars I didnt buy last year and, am so happy with this 2019! I mean, to me the 2019 is so, so, much more prettier and aggressive and sleek and everything lol.

I love everything about the new Silverado. 

Like I said, so happy I didnt buy a 2018 for $12k off the sticker.

*Edit* I should say that I have nothing against the 2018 models and before. I have a 2007 Classic with 270,000 miles and still love that ole gal. Just sayin I love the new Silverado, inside and out ;)

Edited by MacLaren
Addendum.
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, dothedrew1202 said:

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a 19 Sierra At4 with an MSRP of around 65k. I am seeing from previous pages people paying about 53-55 OTD. Are you getting basic rebates and price reductions or are you getting some sort of special GM employee discounts?

Thanks

Drew

Hi Drew

I leased an AT4 on 6/30 - post on page 31 has the lease details.  I live in S.Cal and not many dealers would offer much off an AT4 other than the factory rebates.  I talked to at least 15 dealers who had trucks I was interested in.  I had one dealer more aggressive than the truck I bought - but found out after they gave me the pricing the truck has 450 miles on it and they had it on the lot for 5 months - $70k MSRP.   They offered similar discount to what I got, plus they threw in $2k in dealer cash - so about $10k disocunt. 

The Carbon Pro Edition I got was exactly what I wanted - It was in Phx (350 miles from me) - dealer is shipping it to me at no cost to me.  All the paperwork was done in the mail.  Great to work with.

MSRP                   $66,635

Dealer discount  $4,362

Rebates               $3,650 ($3,400 on GM lease and $250 for GM Loyalty - 2015 Z/28 bought new from GM)

Total Discount   $8,012

Net cost              $58,623 + tax and License 

So not as good as some deals posted here, but I got exactly what I wanted and got a good discount.  Big volume dealers can offer the biggest discounts as they get GM cash for sale volume, they can apply to future sales.  So bigger dealers with lots of inventory will provide the best deals.

I think the incentive for the AT4 went down in July for a purchase from $3,500 to $2,500 (leases are $100 less).  There are other rebates, for example I got the $250 loyalty rebate for the purchase of a new 2015 Z/28 a few years back.   There is an educator rebate, a first responders rebate, a military rebate and of course best of all is the GM friends and family rate.  Working with a dealer who knows everthing that is available is key to getting the most off on your truck.

You will encounter some that say I will give you rebate and discount the truck $1k off - you likely will not make a deal with those dealers - Tell them what you want and stick to it and go to multiple dealers - you will find some will not be interested in your deal, but likely someone is for whatever reason - maybe they need one more sale to hit the next level of incentive with GM - end of the month is best time to get biggest disocunt. 

However now inventory of 19's will be all delivered by next week - so strike quick, as inventory drops it might be harder to find what you want at the price you want! 

I had a dealer call me this week who said no way to my offer two weeks ago saying we can do the deal - I said no longer interested, they offered a better deal - I then told them I already bought a truck, but thanks for the call.  So dial for $$$$$$$

Good luck finding what you are looking for! 

Edited by Supercup

2 hours ago, MacLaren said:

I bought straight out and, was very happy to get $11k off the sticker. I've saw where before my dealership had $12k. But, I just looked at a pretty much new 2018 Silverado, same trim my 19 is and, I thank my lucky stars I didnt buy last year and, am so happy with this 2019! I mean, to me the 2019 is so, so, much more prettier and aggressive and sleek and everything lol.

I love everything about the new Silverado. 

Like I said, so happy I didnt buy a 2018 for $12k off the sticker.

*Edit* I should say that I have nothing against the 2018 models and before. I have a 2007 Classic with 270,000 miles and still love that ole gal. Just sayin I love the new Silverado, inside and out ;)

Same thing happened to me. Went to the dealer in March to get a great deal on a 2018 sell down. 

Sat in the 2019 after a couple 2018s and it was a done deal. Came home with a Z71 RST and am SO happy I didn’t buy a 2018. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tinbad said:

Don’t forget it’s the internet and without knowing all the information like is it purchase or lease, did they have a trade, what type of financing I would not put too much value on these “I paid xx” posts. 20k off sounds good until you realize someone got 5k less for their trade, they financed at 10% APR due to bad credit or are not including the 10k in “dealer installed accessories”. At the end of the day, too many variables go into a car purchase and it’s impossible to paint a complete picture in a single post. Not saying some of these deals aren’t possible, there’s crazy circumstances like you came 30 min before closing on quarter end and the dealer was 1 sale away from hitting their quarterly bonus and giving an extra 5k off your truck would earn them 50k in bonuses or you are buddies with the son of the dealership, member of military and GM employee who happens to qualify for 9/10 rebates to get to 20k off. Without getting that complete information these posts should really be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

Right on! Myself? Purchased my 2014 SLT new, sticker was 42K, got it for that out the door, including a few extras. Most importantly, I didn't finance it, simply wrote a check for the full amount and it was all mine, titled in my name from day one.

Edited by beetle
  • Like 1

How is everyone doing on the dbl cab sierras? 

Trying to debate if i can go to a dbl cab yet or still need the crew, but with 20% off its tempting, but im also thinking if there doing it on dbl cabs they will eventually do it on crew cabs, but this offer includes the AT4 dbl cabs this month

Edited by jamin87ss

2 minutes ago, jamin87ss said:

How is everyone doing on the dbl cab sierras? 

Trying to debate if i can go to a dbl cab yet or still need the crew, but with 20% off its tempting, but im also thinking if there doing it on dbl cabs they will eventually do it on crew cabs, but this offer includes the AT4 dbl cabs this month

I think with the increase in the bed sizes, the case for a double cab now is less than it used to be.  My crew cab bed is way bigger than on my 2017.  Unless you need to carry long stuff...