What did you pay for your truck?

34 minutes ago, Chad Mast said:

I have visited a few dealers so far for an LT Trail Boss Crew Cab shot MSRP $56,940 I am looking at $54,228 OTD Tax, License, etc.

In addition they are offering me $7,000K for my 2005 Silverado SS with 137k miles.  

2 other dealers offered me $6,000K and another offered $4,000K

How much better do you think I can do?  

I'd might switch to the AT4 if I find better numbers.

My price and others is not including trade ins or anything it is strait discount off msrp. Dont settle for anything less then 15% off at min. Look out at other dealerships and use there pricing to your advantage or just take a drive or flight to go to an area with better pricing.

• Like 1

I have visited a few dealers so far for an LT Trail Boss Crew Cab shot MSRP $56,940 I am looking at $54,228 OTD Tax, License, etc.

In addition they are offering me $7,000K for my 2005 Silverado SS with 137k miles.  
2 other dealers offered me $6,000K and another offered $4,000K

How much better do you think I can do?  

I'd might switch to the AT4 if I find better numbers.

Unless you meant $44k OTD instead of $54k OTD , then walk. Not a good enough deal compared to what others are paying on here, for sure.
  • Like 1

Hi guys. I just joined, but I got a Custom TB Crew Cab for $34,393 in Whitesboro, TX on Saturday. MSRP was just over $47K. I had been keeping up with prices on CarGurus. If any are looking for a TB in the DFW area, I saw a Double Cab Custom TB for $36,404 as of yesterday. It already had the off-road side steps and spray-in bedliner already added on at that price.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 8:16 PM, NorthForty said:

2019 Gmc Sierra 1500 SLT 4wd  X31 5.3L

No Sunroof

50,500 OTD

On 7/26/2019 at 10:27 PM, NorthForty said:

Taxes & Fees $4122

$46,378

I’m seeing this exact same truck here in DFW for $41k before taxes now. Has driver alert 1, X31, Texas Edition premium,  MSRP is $56.7 ($15,5k off). Do y’all think this is a good deal or is this a possible bait and switch? They have the discounts listed and they look to be legit discounts...

14 hours ago, Jim165 said:

I’m seeing this exact same truck here in DFW for $41k before taxes now. Has driver alert 1, X31, Texas Edition premium,  MSRP is $56.7 ($15,5k off). Do y’all think this is a good deal or is this a possible bait and switch? They have the discounts listed and they look to be legit discounts...

thats about same pricing as everett has online as well. Finance with GM and you should be able to get that price!

On 8/2/2019 at 6:47 AM, Kris Ward said:

Bought two days ago: 2019 RST Crew Cab 4wd with Z71 appearance and protection package, leather, bed liner and wheel liners.  Sticker was $54,050.  $42,700 before taxes

That’s an excellent price. Enjoy the new truck! 

Can someone explain to me the “catch” for lack of a better word, when purchasing from dealers like Dave Smith, Dennis Dillon, Laura etc

Are they requiring to use their financing and keep it for a certain amount of time? What are the interest rates like? I saw a post say they wanted to add $2k to the price for not using their financing

Edited by Arkangel

4 minutes ago, Arkangel said:

Can someone explain to me the “catch” for lack of a better word, when purchasing from dealers like Dave Smith, Dennis Dillon, Laura etc

Are they requiring to use their financing and keep it for a certain amount of time? What are the interest rates like? I saw a post say they wanted to add $2k to the price for not using their financing

Everett required me to finance with them for min 3 months, rate wasnt great 5.89% but if you amortize it out it cost an extra $345 to take that offer over what my credit union quoted. So if you didnt take the 2k for financing with them you would be paying roughly 1655 more for the truck. I'll refi or payoff in 2 months and have saved $1655 extra. Other then that they wanted me to own a gm vehicle (wife srx and my vette) and trade in a vehicle however since my subaru was a lemon and being repurchased by subbie they let me out of that "requirement", i'm sure they will low ball your trade to an extent to recoup some of the discount over other dealers.

Everett required me to finance with them for min 3 months, rate wasnt great 5.89% but if you amortize it out it cost an extra $345 to take that offer over what my credit union quoted. So if you didnt take the 2k for financing with them you would be paying roughly 1655 more for the truck. I'll refi or payoff in 2 months and have saved $1655 extra. Other then that they wanted me to own a gm vehicle (wife srx and my vette) and trade in a vehicle however since my subaru was a lemon and being repurchased by subbie they let me out of that "requirement", i'm sure they will low ball your trade to an extent to recoup some of the discount over other dealers.

3 months? Mine was 4 I believe at the same rate. At the end of the day though, they can’t come back after you if you re-fi early because it’s not a commercial loan and those terms aren’t written into the contract.

How long before your truck shows up?

2 hours ago, Arkangel said:

In addition to the financing, they’re pretty much selling these vehicles at a loss in order to qualify for the kickbacks and bonuses they get from selling the vehicles. So if the dealership paid $45k for the vehicle and they sell it for $43k, at the end of the month, if they hit their quota, the dealership gets a huge incentive for selling the vehicle. So they can sell at a loss and operate that way and survive off of the incentives they get. Until the quota is too high for them to meet and they go under.