What did you pay for your truck?

6 hours ago, Taran Narwal said:

Can someone tell me how I did.

truck was $38k msrp I did not qualify for all discounts form gmc but it was  from $53k. With taxes OTD I got it for $44k. 

1500 Sierra SLT 2019.

the dealer added $1800 when I got there paint and theft protection on all their vehicles. Regardless it was still $44k OTD. 

Pleasee let me know

$44k on an SLT is pretty good. That extra $1800 they got you for would’ve been enough for me to walk out though. Nothing but off the top profit for them. 

1 hour ago, HBKidJr said:

$44k on an SLT is pretty good. That extra $1800 they got you for would’ve been enough for me to walk out though. Nothing but off the top profit for them. 

I knew it. They insisted they couldn’t take it off cuz there was a lot of burglary in the area and it’s always dust there so paints gets bad quickly. So they had that applied on all vehicle. While no GMC were able to price match them either. 

UPDATE!! Someone from GMC dealership called me that they need me to sign contract again cuz they lost money at $44k OTD. So they are able to claim some $1k rebate. They are 3 hours away. Should I sign co tract again?? He assured

me no payment will Change  he nor my interest rate. He will be coming tomororw morning pls let me know if this is ok?

9 hours ago, Taran Narwal said:

I knew it. They insisted they couldn’t take it off cuz there was a lot of burglary in the area and it’s always dust there so paints gets bad quickly. So they had that applied on all vehicle. While no GMC were able to price match them either. 

UPDATE!! Someone from GMC dealership called me that they need me to sign contract again cuz they lost money at $44k OTD. So they are able to claim some $1k rebate. They are 3 hours away. Should I sign co tract again?? He assured

me no payment will Change  he nor my interest rate. He will be coming tomororw morning pls let me know if this is ok? 

Have them send you an electronic version or in the mail and you can evaluate.  Driving 3 hours 1 way to sign something is outrageous.

13 hours ago, ryanv1212 said:

20190810_194333.jpg

Looks fantastic, I've got one in black.

What product was used and how much did you pay?  I got a quote at a place near me and the OTD price for the coating was high but reasonable but requiring hand washes or the warranty gets voided caused me pause.  I simply don't have time to be hand washing twice a month.  Or the ability to hand wash in the winter months.

Edited by Maverick0984

8 minutes ago, Maverick0984 said:

Have them send you an electronic version or in the mail and you can evaluate.  Driving 3 hours 1 way to sign something is outrageous.

Just got a call from the guy he is sending someone from GMC dealer that’s near my house

so I guess that’s less suspicious. But I will evaluate 

1 hour ago, Taran Narwal said:

Just got a call from the guy he is sending someone from GMC dealer that’s near my house

so I guess that’s less suspicious. But I will evaluate.

He was actually from Gilroy 3 hours away. Everything was the same except MSRP was higher but nothing changed but couple   Dollars.

4 hours ago, Maverick0984 said:

What product was used and how much did you pay?  I got a quote at a place near me and the OTD price for the coating was high but reasonable but requiring hand washes or the warranty gets voided caused me pause.  I simply don't have time to be hand washing twice a month.  Or the ability to hand wash in the winter months.

Yea theres lots of options out online hard to dig through the shit products! I'll check and see what this is called. I have a buddy that does it and wanted 1600 to do the truck! It's a little work to do yourself but worth doing! 

23 hours ago, Maverick0984 said:

I used AvalonKing Ceramic coat. It worked out great. Application process is time consuming but worth it in the end. You can put it on basically all surfaces on the truck other then seats. Now water just repels off of it and dust/dirt blows off with an air hose from my compressor! I put it on my windshield and i dont even need windshield wipers hardly now. They recommend 3 bottles for a large truck, i bought 4 to be safe but only used about 2.5 total. I plan on using the rest on my tractor and boat. Heres a link to their site if your interested, https://avalonking.com/ref/ryanvaught/. I may start a new tread and include some before and after pics as well as video of how water repellent it is.

25 minutes ago, ryanv1212 said:

I used AvalonKing Ceramic coat. It worked out great. Application process is time consuming but worth it in the end. You can put it on basically all surfaces on the truck other then seats. Now water just repels off of it and dust/dirt blows off with an air hose from my compressor! I put it on my windshield and i dont even need windshield wipers hardly now. They recommend 3 bottles for a large truck, i bought 4 to be safe but only used about 2.5 total. I plan on using the rest on my tractor and boat. Heres a link to their site if your interested, https://avalonking.com/ref/ryanvaught/. I may start a new tread and include some before and after pics as well as video of how water repellent it is.

Thanks for the info.  I had seen that product before.

What's your plan for maintenance?  Hand washes only? If you're in Arkansas, I guess you don't have to worry about snow too much.

That's my main hangup right now.  I don't mind spending the time if it lasts 3 years but I'll need to use Automatic washes.  Decent, higher quality ones, but still automatic.  If it's just going to last 6 months because of that, the value drops off of a cliff for me.

Edited by Maverick0984

1 hour ago, Maverick0984 said:

Thanks for the info.  I had seen that product before.

What's your plan for maintenance?  Hand washes only? If you're in Arkansas, I guess you don't have to worry about snow too much.

That's my main hangup right now.  I don't mind spending the time if it lasts 3 years but I'll need to use Automatic washes.  Decent, higher quality ones, but still automatic.  If it's just going to last 6 months because of that, the value drops off of a cliff for me.

I plan on hand washing biweekly/using air hose to spray off in between if needed. Not much snow here so i dont have to worry about that much at all!