What did you pay for your truck?

12 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Grab a magnet and check them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Take a look. The silver circle is the magnet. It looks to have 2 steel leafs with the 3rd/bottom not steel. Thoughts?

BA2DD36B-A994-4DC5-AA23-6F26FFF50462.jpeg

That’s the composite leaf. Not sure why but GM didn’t rate the TB lift with those springs. Better mention to your dealer [emoji51]

6 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

That’s the composite leaf. Not sure why but GM didn’t rate the TB lift with those springs. Better mention to your dealer emoji51.png

Will do. Thanks for the information.

No problem

This is an ongoing discussion

GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=214193&url=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/214193-GM-to-offer-a-lift-kit-for-the-2019-pickups%2E&share_type=t

Also what size BFGs did you go with ?

40 minutes ago, Robspmc said:

Take a look. The silver circle is the magnet. It looks to have 2 steel leafs with the 3rd/bottom not steel. Thoughts?

BA2DD36B-A994-4DC5-AA23-6F26FFF50462.jpeg

Just saw these last few posts. I am the one who has been searching for the real answer why GM decided to use the composite leaf springs on only the LT with 5.3L and also why the TB lift isn’t compatible.

Looks like your dealer installed the TB lift kit and didn’t change your leaf springs. Anyway, this begs the question as to how the Tech who completed the job got the reprogram codes from GM when your VIN would turn up as a non-compatible vehicle for the lift. 

I would like like to hear what your dealer has to say about all this. 

On a side note, upon comparison, I have noticed that the composite leaf spring is thicker than the steel on all other models. This could be the reason why the lift kit isn’t compatible simply because the rear of the truck would ride too high (?). 

44 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

No problem

This is an ongoing discussion

GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=214193&url=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/214193-GM-to-offer-a-lift-kit-for-the-2019-pickups%2E&share_type=t

Also what size BFGs did you go with ?

Thank you sir for your insight. 285 55 20

10 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

Just saw these last few posts. I am the one who has been searching for the real answer why GM decided to use the composite leaf springs on only the LT with 5.3L and also why the TB lift isn’t compatible.

Looks like your dealer installed the TB lift kit and didn’t change your leaf springs. Anyway, this begs the question as to how the Tech who completed the job got the reprogram codes from GM when your VIN would turn up as a non-compatible vehicle for the lift. 

I would like like to hear what your dealer has to say about all this. 

On a side note, upon comparison, I have noticed that the composite leaf spring is thicker than the steel on all other models. This could be the reason why the lift kit isn’t compatible simply because the rear of the truck would ride too high (?). 

Joe,

Thank you for you reply. Great verbiage. I will follow up the dealer in the next 2-3 weeks (I’m a ways away.) I’ve been a lurker for years but had to join after I bought a 19.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Robspmc said:

Joe,

Thank you for you reply. Great verbiage. I will follow up the dealer in the next 2-3 weeks (I’m a ways away.) I’ve been a lurker for years but had to join after I bought a 19.

Looking forward to what you can find out. 

Same here. I just bought mine in April. 

5 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

Looking forward to what you can find out. 

Same here. I just bought mine in April. 

I’ll follow up but not super concerned. I bought mine at the beginning of August when incentives got a little better. I bought my 2016 in October and inventory was tight. I think August/September is the sweet spot for incentives and inventory. My truck was on the lot for a while. I drove it in April when I picked up the plates for my wives Tahoe. I’ll have a record on file with the dealer by bringing up the issue and having them inspect it with my concerns. If I run into issues I will have documentation to push my cause. Still very happy with the truck but I only have 1200 miles.... WOW, just realized how off track I took this post. BTW, I paid $42k on. $51,500 MSRP with a few upgrades.

Nice price on the truck. I almost went with a standard bed myself but decided for navigating the cities that the short bed would be best for me.

I got mine in April when Chevy had their truck month dealer sales. Combined with a conquest rebate, GM financing rebate, and All-star package rebate, I was able to get the sticker of $52,900 down to $40,500 before Michigan tax.

26 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

Nice price on the truck. I almost went with a standard bed myself but decided for navigating the cities that the short bed would be best for me.

I got mine in April when Chevy had their truck month dealer sales. Combined with a conquest rebate, GM financing rebate, and All-star package rebate, I was able to get the sticker of $52,900 down to $40,500 before Michigan tax.

Nice work on the price. Similar to mine I’d think with the KO2’s($1560),bed liner ($500] and trail boss lift (cost unknown, although I’m thinking they may have skimped on the lift piece.) For me was the truck I wanted and felt good about the deal. That with my trade in and they had a .5 reduction on the lowest published rate of my credit union I feel pretty solid on the deal. With all that said you seem to have gotten a great deal and had the inventory to choose from that I didn’t.  Nice work!

Edited by Robspmc

Nice work on the price. Similar to mine I’d think with the KO2’s($1560),bed liner ($500] and trail boss lift (cost unknown, although I’m thinking they may have skimped on the lift piece.) For me was the truck I wanted and felt good about the deal. That with my trade in and they had a .5 reduction on the lowest published rate of my credit union I feel pretty solid on the deal. With all that said you seem to have gotten a great deal and had the inventory to choose from that I didn’t.  Nice work!

The msrp of the TB kit is $1295. Install is 400-600 depending on shop rates

• 2 weeks later...

***CANADIAN PRICE***

Just picked up my 2019 Sierra 1500 Limited, 4WD, Double Cab, Elevation in Stone Blue Metallic (which costs an additional $495). MSRP: $52,082. I paid $42,490 before TT&L. (Manufacturer's rebate was $5750.) That's about 18.5% off sticker price. I'm not a Costco member, and I didn't qualify for any other rebates/incentives.

This is with 0% financing too. (I realize the financing is just bundled into the truck price, but I just wanted to mention it since there will be no additional fees there.)

Since I am located in Canada, I'm happy with that price. I think I could have managed to get another few hundred off, but after about 10 days of negotiating on two different models, I just wanted the deal done.

Edited by Missy

5 hours ago, Missy said:

***CANADIAN PRICE***

Just picked up my 2019 Sierra 1500 Limited, 4WD, Double Cab, Elevation in Stone Blue Metallic (which costs an additional $495). MSRP: $52,082. I paid $42,490 before TT&L. (Manufacturer's rebate was $5750.) That's about 18.5% off sticker price. I'm not a Costco member, and I didn't qualify for any other rebates/incentives.

This is with 0% financing too. (I realize the financing is just bundled into the truck price, but I just wanted to mention it since there will be no additional fees there.)

Since I am located in Canada, I'm happy with that price. I think I could have managed to get another few hundred off, but after about 10 days of negotiating on two different models, I just wanted the deal done.

That's really impressive. I'm also in Canada and just assumed those kinds of deals didn't exist for us. Unfortunately, I want a 2020 and would like to buy before next summer so I can use it for camping so I'll probably just have to see what I can get either boxing week or at the end of May.