What did you pay for your truck?

7 hours ago, Arkangel said:

Can someone explain to me the “catch” for lack of a better word, when purchasing from dealers like Dave Smith, Dennis Dillon, Laura etc

Are they requiring to use their financing and keep it for a certain amount of time? What are the interest rates like? I saw a post say they wanted to add $2k to the price for not using their financing

I bought my 2017 Sierra from Laura and there was no catch for me. The price they show is the price you get - I was really surprised by how smooth the whole experience was. In regards to finance, I think it depends on the rebates etc but I was originally going to get financing myself and they didnt seem to care - ended up getting financed through them because of time issues. Interest rate was not terrible 

Edited by alexbrugs

So I am looking at a few RST models at some local dealerships.  Are the prices listed on carguru.com usually a ploy to get you into the dealership or are they fairly close to what you will pay?  Example:

Listing Summary

Dealer's Price: $38,476

MSRP: $52,105

Mileage:10 miles

Transmission:8-Speed Automatic

Exterior Color:Brown Metallic

Interior Color:Black

Engine:V8

Drivetrain:Four-Wheel Drive

Major Options

Trailering Package - $395

Convenience Package - $1,285

Convenience Package II - $1,420

All-Star Edition - $2,075

Z71 Off-Road Package - $1,245

That’s one heckuva deal on that RST. 

Usually, that price is with every single rebate and allowance possible included. You might not qualify for some of them. Sometimes those include some kind of value on your trade in, too. So if you’re not trading in, you might not see that final price. It’s best to read the fine print or call them and get very specific with the dealer. Ask them to list out every single rebate they are offering, and what it takes to qualify for it. 

• Like 1

So am I an idiot for waiting until they're offering 0% financing on the 2020s then using my Preferred Pricing Discount to get invoice plus 1.5%? A lot of the prices I see here have to be lower than invoice but I haven't really heard of anyone in Canada getting those types of deals.

Without knowing the residual and MF (money factor) you really can’t say anything about lease. Go on Leasehackr or Edmunds forums to figure out what the residual and MF are this month for your ZIP and you’ll know if you’re getting a good deal. That number doesn’t seem bad on the surface but again, without knowing those 2 things you really can’t tell. In addition you can ask your dealer to provide it but make sure you still ask inn Edmunds so you know they’re not marking it up.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:55 PM, econometrics said:

That’s one heckuva deal on that RST. 

Usually, that price is with every single rebate and allowance possible included. You might not qualify for some of them. Sometimes those include some kind of value on your trade in, too. So if you’re not trading in, you might not see that final price. It’s best to read the fine print or call them and get very specific with the dealer. Ask them to list out every single rebate they are offering, and what it takes to qualify for it. 

Yup. You nailed it.

Got mine for 11k off sticker.

However, we got lucky somewhat imo.

Part of the 11k rebate was to finance with GM for at least 6 months. However, in the end we didnt have to and, were still able to get the full 11k off. 

Like you say, you just have to ask and see what happens.

Edited by MacLaren

On 8/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, brianc636 said:

3 months? Mine was 4 I believe at the same rate. At the end of the day though, they can’t come back after you if you re-fi early because it’s not a commercial loan and those terms aren’t written into the contract.

How long before your truck shows up?

Just got it Wednesday! love it!

On 7/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, b00001 said:

I keep an eye on these and for the past few months, Truck Month (June) had the best incentives recently.  I worked a few dealers hard to put together a deal last month but could not get any of them where I needed the deal to be in order for me to pull the trigger.  Then, going back and looking over their inventories, they have indeed SOLD all of the AT4's I had looked at.  AT4's are fairly hot and supply is somewhat low.  You know what that means as a consumer.

I love my AT4 but dealers around me wouldn't budge much.  Incentives from GM were nice though.  Think mine was 53k MSRP, then 62k after options, 54k sticker price after incentives.

Edited by Maverick0984

Can someone tell me how I did.

truck was $38k msrp I did not qualify for all discounts form gmc but it was  from $53k. With taxes OTD I got it for $44k. 

1500 Sierra SLT 2019.

the dealer added $1800 when I got there paint and theft protection on all their vehicles. Regardless it was still $44k OTD. 

Pleasee let me know