What did you pay for your truck?

8 minutes ago, Jricharc said:

What is fair to negotiate off the MSRP at this point with the 2020 models just weeks away.  is asking for 25% off MSRP asking to much?

No, not really. 

It all depends what model and trim you're dealing on. The poster above got an SLT Crew X31 for likely close to 25% off MSRP. 

9 minutes ago, Jricharc said:

What is fair to negotiate off the MSRP at this point with the 2020 models just weeks away.  is asking for 25% off MSRP asking to much?

I don't know that the model year change makes a big difference. Generally, regardless of model year, I look to pay about 20% under MSRP with all rebates and discounts. Anything over that is icing on the cake. 

19 minutes ago, econometrics said:

No, not really. 

It all depends what model and trim you're dealing on. The poster above got an SLT Crew X31 for likely close to 25% off MSRP. 

I am torn between the RST and LTZ, I know I won't spend over $40k so I know the LTZ is a reach at that price but can be had. Really want that Havana Brown.

I don't know that the model year change makes a big difference. Generally, regardless of model year, I look to pay about 20% under MSRP with all rebates and discounts. Anything over that is icing on the cake. 

I assume once the 2020 models start hitting lots they will want to move the '19s.

Edited by Jricharc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bootheel said:

$42,086 19 GMC Sierra CC SLT X31 with premium package.

Purchased from Everett in central Arkansas and they delivered to my house about 4 hours away. 

Was it white withe black interior?  They just sold the one I was looking at.   How much did they come off MSRP? 

2 hours ago, Jricharc said:

I am torn between the RST and LTZ, I know I won't spend over $40k so I know the LTZ is a reach at that price but can be had. Really want that Havana Brown.

I assume once the 2020 models start hitting lots they will want to move the '19s.

You probably won't get OTD for $40K with an LTZ, but you can get pretty close, depending on the options you'd want (4x4, wheels, etc). 

I don't think the 2019's will be fire-sold at the EOY for the 2020's. There's just not that much of a difference in the 2020 vs. 2019s. 

Hey guys,

First of all, I am located in Canada. I'm working on a deal for a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited, 4x4, Extended Cab, Std Bed, 5.3L V8.

MSRP: $46,054 (plus $2500 in freight, handling fees, etc) which then totals $48,752. They are removing $1025 worth of dealer installed accessories, at my request. The salesman is giving me a price of $46,000 (including $2500 in freight, handling fees, etc. Not sure why he included that in the price, as it just makes it a little confusing.), minus $5750 GMC credit, for an adjusted price of $40,250 (before TTL).

This is at 0% financing. He said if he discounts the truck anymore, it would have to be at a higher financing rate (which doesn't work for me, since I won't be paying off the balance immediately). Or he could get me the next trim up, and give me a bigger discount, BUT the final price/payments will be higher (which I don't want).

Apparently, if I was a Costco member, I would get preferred pricing, which means around $3000 off. I asked them to give me that discount anyway, but they said they couldn't.

What do you guys think? Looks like it's just under 15% off MSRP, but it just doesn't seem like the dealer discount is very high. I think they're trying to take advantage because I'm a woman. ? I got a much better deal on my civic (but it didn't have as much of a discount from the manufacturer).

24 minutes ago, Username-domain said:

WOW. i wish those deals where available in the NE.

To clarify, that is the truck sale price, not the OTD price. It was very hard to get a good deal in Texas because trucks are such huge sellers here and the AT4s are flying off the lots. Even more difficult because i didn't have a trade in, I sold my car independently. I can tell you the approach that helped me and you can try in your neck of the woods to see if that works. 

There are 3 big GMC dealers near me. I visited all of them multiple times over a period of 3 weeks because i was getting ready to buy. For the same trim level, 2 of the dealers were not willing to go a penny less than $58k but the 3rd dealer was close to what i was wanting to pay but still not quite there. I waited till the last day of the month because that's usually your best leverage. 

Why the last day of the month? My brother is a salesperson in another state so i know this for a fact. Dealers have to meet a sales quota every month to get some cash back from the manufacturer. If it's the last day of the month and there is one last car to sell to meet that quota, they can afford to sell that car at a loss or at cost because they know when they get the cash back from the manufacturer, they still come out ahead.  

This doesn't always work but it usually does. You just have to find the dealer that's in this situation. Be willing to wait over a few months. Case in the point, on the last day of the month, the 2 other dealers didn't call me back. The 3rd one did and we made the deal. If it hadn't worked out, I would have waited and tried it again at the end of this month.