What did you pay for your truck?

On 9/4/2019 at 10:37 AM, econometrics said:

We're just not going to see very big rebates on the Trail Boss or AT4s for a while. As you mentioned, they are selling like hotcakes and GM knows it. 

Just purchased my '19 AT4 loaded included 6.2 and performance package...sticker $67420 paid $59200 plus ttl.  This was the exact AT4 I was looking for including color.  Had to drive 4 hours to purchase it, but it made for a very fun drive home.  Icing on the cake was it was built on 7/4/19.  

• Like 1

Sierra SLT Crew Cab Texas Edition, bedliner, tint and level kit dealer installed 41.5K OTD with an MSRP right over 57K and had 4509 miles as it was the finance managers.  I dislike negotiation without including TTL as I prefer to get an OTD price.  I had to drive 2 hours to go get the truck as I could not find anyone close in south Texas price wise.  I bought my 2016 with miles and do kind the miles since I drive a beater daily. I am late to the party as I purchased back in July.   

2019 Silverado LTZ 6.2L CrewCab Fully Loaded except Sun Roof & Running Boards.. MSRP 61k

51k AFTER TTL, 

*Free car washes for a year* included

Edited by nino

How do i figure out if im getting a good lease? Have not been able to figure out the formula yet, but seems there doing better to help leases vs buying right now on a at4 i just dont know how to figure it out, looking at a 62500 truck 15k a year

Edited by jamin87ss

Here is my contribution

From Southern California

LT trailboss shadow Gray

msrp 55530

Agreed at 47.4k 

but added roughly 2k for the 7year GMEPP and impressive spray on bed liner

My all in OTD is 53.5k because of crazy Southern California taxes

I just wanted to contribute to this post

Edited by J23

6 hours ago, jamin87ss said:

How do i figure out if im getting a good lease? Have not been able to figure out the formula yet, but seems there doing better to help leases vs buying right now on a at4 i just dont know how to figure it out, looking at a 62500 truck 15k a year

Look at Leasehackr.com ( no “e” in there). Generally no money down and a lease payment equal to 1% of MSRP and you’re doing damn good. So a $50,000 truck with a payment of $500, no money down (cap cost reduction) is generally good. 

I look at the 1500's with 6.2 MSRP and average selling prices.  It really has to be a market driven thing and nothing that relates to reality.  I have seen many new 2020 6.6L gasser crew cab 2500's driving off the lot for roughly $40K.   A pickup that is far more capable in both payload and towing than any 6.2 1500.  The 6.6 has a little less HP, but substantially better torque than the 6.2.  And is cast iron block.  It is even based on the 6.2 Ecotec, using many of the same components with the only major difference being a longer stroke.  And the 6.6 is designed to meet its full potential on regular fuel since it has a little lower compression ratio. No need for premium to maximize potential. 

Not a dig on the 1500's, just a realistic observation that GM MSRP pricing and the average selling prices are grossly inflated over what they should be. But, as long as people are willing to shell out the bucks, nothing will change.  

• Like 1

I look at the 1500's with 6.2 MSRP and average selling prices.  It really has to be a market driven thing and nothing that relates to reality.  I have seen many new 2020 6.6L gasser crew cab 2500's driving off the lot for roughly $40K.   A pickup that is far more capable in both payload and towing than any 6.2 1500.  The 6.6 has a little less HP, but substantially better torque than the 6.2.  And is cast iron block.  It is even based on the 6.2 Ecotec, using many of the same components with the only major difference being a longer stroke.  And the 6.6 is designed to meet its full potential on regular fuel since it has a little lower compression ratio. No need for premium to maximize potential. 

Not a dig on the 1500's, just a realistic observation that GM MSRP pricing and the average selling prices are grossly inflated over what they should be. But, as long as people are willing to shell out the bucks, nothing will change.  

If you’re going to use a truck as a truck it’s a no brainer. Many people use them as cars with a big trunk. That’s okay though. It allows me to get real cars at huge discounts. Soon Mr Jones will get a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

If you’re going to use a truck as a truck it’s a no brainer. Many people use them as cars with a big trunk. That’s okay though. It allows me to get real cars at huge discounts. Soon Mr Jones will get a car.

:cheers:    RCSB IS a two seat Roadster with a big trunk.    :cheers:

Just scanning the thread it seems to me that roughly 10K off the sticker is kind of a 'Normal' deal, eh? :thumbs:

:cheers:    RCSB IS a two seat Roadster with a big trunk.    :cheers:

Just scanning the thread it seems to me that roughly 10K off the sticker is kind of a 'Normal' deal, eh? :thumbs:

Of there’s always an exemption. My truck is a hot rod. Wishing to be a rear drive impala that doesn’t exist. Two door trucks can easily be reasonably priced sports cars, as you demonstrate.

I use my truck as a truck, and the HD was not and is not a “no brainer”. Not going to derail the thread with the obvious cons to buying an HD truck when a half ton would suffice. They are, or at least should be obvious.

MSRP against MSRP, the 6.2 and the 6.6 are nearly identical in sticker price for the same trims with the same cab/ bed configuration (even though the HD’s bed is a few inches longer).

While I don’t agree, there is still some stigma or undesirability about a gas powered HD that might drive the price down a little beyond the half ton discounts. But I would imagine the larger factor in the average cost difference is that the 6.6 is the base engine, and thus can be had in a much cheaper truck. Fleet/ WT, Custom, LT trucks and so on. You aren’t going to see an HD LTZ or SLT 6.6 going out the door for 40 grand, just as you won’t see a 1500 LTZ or SLT 6.2 at that price.

Keep it apples to apples and the price difference is negligible, at least in what I’ve seen so far.