What did you pay for your truck?

2019 5.3L LT Texas edition double cab with sensor package, spray in liner, 18in wheels, wheel locks, tint. MSRP ~45K.

2 options presented, 32k and no 0-72 or 36k with the 0-72 rate.

Best offer I could find within a 1-2 hour drive, hope it helps.

Edited by batman900

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the 2019 Sierra 1500 Limited, 4x4, Elevation Edition. MSRP is $49,292. Manufacturer's credit of $5750 total, brings the price to $43,542 (before TT&L). What do you think would be a reasonable price to offer first? Around $36,500? (That's an extra $7042 off after manufacturer credits. And about $12,800 (or 25%) less than sticker price.) Keep in mind that I am in Canada. And I don't qualify for the Costco pricing.

The spreadsheet posted a few pages back is not working for me, unfortunately. I don't have Excel installed. (I tried a different program, but only the top portion of the spreadsheet worked.)

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ?

Double Cab Standard Box 4-Wheel Drive LT All Star Edition

Trailer brake controller, integrated

Engine, 5.3L EcoTec3 V8

All-Star Edition

Wheels, 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) Bright Silver painted aluminum

Tires, 265/65R18SL all-terrain, white outlined letter

MSRP $46,430

Selling price $34822

Edited by Gregg Dell

57 minutes ago, Missy said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the 2019 Sierra 1500 Limited, 4x4, Elevation Edition. MSRP is $49,292. Manufacturer's credit of $5750 total, brings the price to $43,542 (before TT&L). What do you think would be a reasonable price to offer first? Around $36,500? (That's an extra $7042 off after manufacturer credits. And about $12,800 (or 25%) less than sticker price.) Keep in mind that I am in Canada. And I don't qualify for the Costco pricing.

The spreadsheet posted a few pages back is not working for me, unfortunately. I don't have Excel installed. (I tried a different program, but only the top portion of the spreadsheet worked.)

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ?

I didn't think you could get Elevation on a Limited. 25% off sounds pretty aggressive for Canada but I probably get ripped off when I buy vehicles. 

13 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I didn't think you could get Elevation on a Limited. 25% off sounds pretty aggressive for Canada but I probably get ripped off when I buy vehicles. 

Yes, they have the Elevation on Limited. ?

Hmm... you feel that 25% off is too much for Canada? Do we get less of a discount here? I didn't realize that. ? (My comment about me being in Canada was just so people would understand the pricing.)

So maybe start with 20% off MSRP? (That's around $9800 off total. So, around $4000 dealer discount.)

3 hours ago, Missy said:

Yes, they have the Elevation on Limited. ?

Hmm... you feel that 25% off is too much for Canada? Do we get less of a discount here? I didn't realize that. ? (My comment about me being in Canada was just so people would understand the pricing.)

So maybe start with 20% off MSRP? (That's around $9800 off total. So, around $4000 dealer discount.)

I'm in Canada too. It certainly feels to me like we get less of a discount, even aside from the exchange rate but, like I said, maybe I just suck at buying vehicles. Lol

25% would also be higher than what most guys in the U.S. are getting, based on what I've been reading on here.

It's interesting that the build and price website doesn't show an Elevation trim or package on the Limited. 

Edited by Cpl_Punishment

I'm currently shopping for an LT Trailbosses and AT4's. Best I have been able to get them down to, including 2500 rebate is 58,068 on an AT4 with a sticker of 64,475. I'm not a Ford fan overall but have kept them in the mix too just because they tend to offer good deals before any haggling. Before even trying to get anything off I'm at 54k on an F150 with a sticker of 66k. I would buy the AT4 without question for that price as i like it better, but not 4k better.

Also waiting to hear back on pricing from 2 dealers on a 2020 LT Trailboss. Truck I spec'd had a sticker just over 59k so I'm not sure what I should expect there since 2020's are only starting to trickle in and it would potentially be an order if I want to buy sooner rather than waiting for lots of inventory to build up on 2020's.

2 hours ago, jtav2002 said:

I'm currently shopping for an LT Trailbosses and AT4's. Best I have been able to get them down to, including 2500 rebate is 58,068 on an AT4 with a sticker of 64,475. I'm not a Ford fan overall but have kept them in the mix too just because they tend to offer good deals before any haggling. Before even trying to get anything off I'm at 54k on an F150 with a sticker of 66k. I would buy the AT4 without question for that price as i like it better, but not 4k better.

Also waiting to hear back on pricing from 2 dealers on a 2020 LT Trailboss. Truck I spec'd had a sticker just over 59k so I'm not sure what I should expect there since 2020's are only starting to trickle in and it would potentially be an order if I want to buy sooner rather than waiting for lots of inventory to build up on 2020's.

Same here, at4 Is what I want and there only giving me supplier + the 2500, just not good enough, need about 11k off to do it, I don't think that's a reach, but I guess I'm wrong

3 hours ago, jamin87ss said:

Same here, at4 Is what I want and there only giving me supplier + the 2500, just not good enough, need about 11k off to do it, I don't think that's a reach, but I guess I'm wrong

Yea. Nothing exciting on the 2020 Trail Boss either from the couple dealers I heard from. Couple grand off. Discouraging so far. F-150 deals are good but not my first choice. I feel like if I’m gonna settle I might as well just save more money and just get another Tundra. 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:23 AM, jtav2002 said:

"OTD" was $37,496.  I purchased a 2019 Trail Boss, Custom Trim, V8 5.3L with Double Cab and the Standard 6.5 foot bed length which is the longer of the 2 beds available on the TB.  Truck came with some add-ons, including Off-Road Appearance Package (Tonneau Cover, Sport Bar,  Off-Road Side Assist Steps) $2495, plus Custom Convenience Package (remote start, rear window defogger, LED cargo lights in bed, elecrric tailgate lowering lift assist $500, plus Infotainment Package Sirius XM, OnStar, etc $275.   The total price paid "Out the Door" OTD, after Chevrolet 20% Discount for Double Cab and Dealer discounts, was $37,496 (that OTD includes VA Sales Tax of 5.0%, Freight $1595 and Dealer Processing) Sales tax was 1500, so basically the price of the truck was around 33,500 and then add the tax, title, freight, dealer fees.  The MSRP window sticker was $46,060 priced with options including Freight (but not tax, title, tags and dealer fees)   

Here is an LT Trail Boss for $52,000.  Probably have to add Tax, $500 dealer fees on that, but it's a pretty good price and the don't do any gimmicks.  Ask for Greg Freeman or JC Welch.

https://www.warrentonchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT_Trail_Boss-Warrenton-VA/3395570103

Edited by BobbyAlton
security PII

I purchased an AT4, with the 6.2, Tech, AT4 Prem Pkg, Dirver Alert, and Dura Trac Tires for $53,000.  Close to $11,000 off MRSP so I was good with that.  Purchased it at the end of July, seemed they were willing to deal due to it being month-end.  I saw better deals (percentage off MRSP) for the SLT trim level.  Seems the AT4's are/were in a bit shorter supply.  

2019 Silver Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.3L, Z71, LT, Standard Bed (6.5’ ), Texas edition, dealer installed trail boss lift, KO2’s ($1,540), tint, spray in bed liner, convenience package 2, 2 years of oil changes, 1 year of free car washes, and of course nitro filled tires ?! MSRP $51,500 USD. Paid $42,000 before T&L but that was cheap in TX (moved here almost 2 years ago from CA.) I could have bought another  stock (no trail boss lift or KO2’s) truck optioned the same except white and the short box for $39,900 but I wanted the standard bed, loved the trail boss  height (without the black bumpers) and like the KO2’s a lot. Here’s the kicker that sealed the deal for me, they gave me $31,000 for my 2016. That’s retail and now they have it on their lot for sale at $31,659 and it’s not moving. I couldn’t be happier. As a bonus the auto stop has never activated. My mom has a 2019 and it stops all the time here under the same conditions. Anybody looking for a truck in the San Antonio area I’d urge you to check out Northpark Chevrolet in Castroville TX. They’re good people. Bought my wife’s Tahoe (used) there before my truck.

A8F2C7FC-9297-49CF-ACA4-9F7F6DB05C30.jpeg

Edited by Robspmc

2019 Silver Crew Cab, 4x4, Z71, LT, Standard Bed (6.5’ ), Texas edition, dealer installed trail boss lift, KO2’s ($1,540), tint, spray in bed liner, convenience package 2, 2 years of oil changes, 1 year of free car washes, and of course nitro filled tires [emoji23]! MSRP $51,500 USD. Paid $42,000 before T&L but that was cheap in TX (moved here almost 2 years ago from CA.) I could have bought another  stock (no trail boss lift or KO2’s) truck optioned the same except white and the short box for $39,900 but I wanted the standard bed, loved the trail boss  height (without the black bumpers) and like the KO2’s a lot. Here’s the kicker that sealed the deal for me, they gave me $31,000 for my 2016. That’s retail and now they have it on their lot for sale at $31,659 and it’s not moving. I couldn’t be happier. As a bonus the auto stop has never activated. My mom has a 2019 and it stops all the time here under the same conditions. Anybody looking for a truck in the San Antonio area I’d urge you to check out Northpark Chevrolet in Castroville TX. They’re good people. Bought my wife’s Tahoe (used) there before my truck.

A8F2C7FC-9297-49CF-ACA4-9F7F6DB05C30.jpeg.0ffe7d37eb18d520f09ed1e4483ece63.jpeg

Did your dealer change out your leaf springs for the trailboss lift? LT model isnt comparable with the lift due to the composite leaf springs in case you weren’t aware. Not sure what issues it could cause

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Did your dealer change out your leaf springs for the trailboss lift? LT model isnt comparable with the lift due to the composite leaf springs in case you weren’t aware. Not sure what issues it could cause

Thanks for the information. Anything else you could share would be helpful. I’m going to be there in a couple weeks and ask for details. Anything special that I should ask about. I actually bought from the general manager and he gave me the best deal he could on both trucks. It was about $3,500 difference and the KO2’s were $1,500+ so that leaves about $2000 towards the lift. He mentioned longer axels but never referenced leaf springs. Any way the verify visually if it has composite leaf springs? What to look for? I’m about to get the creeper out and look....?

Thanks for the information. Anything else you could share would be helpful. I’m going to be there in a couple weeks and ask for details. Anything special that I should ask about. I actually bought from the general manager and he gave me the best deal he could on both trucks. It was about $3,500 difference and the KO2’s were $1,500+ so that leaves about $2000 towards the lift. He mentioned longer axels but never referenced leaf springs. Any way the verify visually if it has composite leaf springs? What to look for? I’m about to get the creeper out and look....[emoji848]

Grab a magnet and check them