What did you pay for your truck?

On 7/3/2019 at 1:12 PM, brianc636 said:

I don’t even understand what all that’s about.

I’ve never leased a vehicle and it’s not something we see a lot of with people I know. Just seems like your paying for a vehicle you don’t get to keep.

It’s cool you got the carbon version though. Post up when you get it.

Leasing is when you get to drive a new vehicle every 3 years , ( yes downfall is your technically renting it ) but for some people who get bored fast/or have the means to lease , its a good way to try the latest and greatest .  Its not for everyone and if you really like the vehicle you have the option to by it out. 

Leasing is when you get to drive a new vehicle every 3 years , ( yes downfall is your technically renting it ) but for some people who get bored fast/or have the means to lease , its a good way to try the latest and greatest .  Its not for everyone and if you really like the vehicle you have the option to by it out. 

I get what leasing is, I just don’t understand the why behind it. Similar to renting a house vs buying one.

Fully loaded LT Trail Boss

$60k MSRP

$55,6 before rebates

4250 in rebates (pretty much covered CA 9.5% tax)

$56k our the door

The only thing they were able to sell me is lifetime battery replacement for $199, still wondering if it’s of any use LOL

Ps. Should add this was a custom order

Edited by tinbad

How do you get such great deals?

My dealer to start with offered me this on 2019 Trail Boss LT

msrp 55,465

after rebates 49471

Is there a trick to get them to lower that price? Seems high to me for what I am getting,

Thanks

2 hours ago, tsbond said:

How do you get such great deals?

My dealer to start with offered me this on 2019 Trail Boss LT

msrp 55,465

after rebates 49471

Is there a trick to get them to lower that price? Seems high to me for what I am getting,

Thanks

I’m lucky there are like 20 Chevy dealers within 50 miles here (CA Bay Area) and I emailed most of them but even still was hard to find one willing to deal. I wanted to custom order (impossible to find the combo of a fully loaded standard bed in a dark color with light interior) and most dealers didn’t even have allocation for Trail Bosses to begin with.... after lots of back and forth, between a few dealers, got two down to 750 below invoice before rebates. Just make sure you negotiate over email, they will do anything to get you in or not give you a price, just keep calm and move to the next one... sooner or later you will find one willing to deal because they are desperate for business, need to hit a quota, etc

You should expect a better offer for an in stock truck, go out of state if you have to. Or wait until the end of the month. I was ready to fly out 500-1000 miles to get one but luckily didn’t have to in the end. Be persistent and keep negotiations over email and you will find a deal. There’s also that YouTube guy Chevy Dave selling from Ohio and shipping nation wide. Good luck!

Edited by tinbad

$35,000 before TTL or interest.  This includes my trade-in loss of $3,000 on my Cruze.  The warranty was about up and they are horribly unreliable after 60,000 miles, so I traded it in at a loss.  

Truck had an MSRP of $47,835 with all options, so I feel like I got a great deal.  We're going to replace the Trax in a couple years with another truck.  Probably a crew cab GMC with the 6.2L this time, unless they come out with a TTV6 to rival the Raptor's Ecoboost. I'd be on board with that.

As an aside, don't buy a Trax.  Older version of the unreliable Cruze 1.4L motor and transmission with even less grunt. Get the Terrain or upcoming Trailblazer and enjoy the 2.0L turbo with nearly twice the power and torque. It's comfortable, but so slow compared to the truck.  

8 hours ago, tinbad said:

I’m lucky there are like 20 Chevy dealers within 50 miles here (CA Bay Area) and I emailed most of them but even still was hard to find one willing to deal. I wanted to custom order (impossible to find the combo of a fully loaded standard bed in a dark color with light interior) and most dealers didn’t even have allocation for Trail Bosses to begin with.... after lots of back and forth, between a few dealers, got two down to 750 below invoice before rebates. Just make sure you negotiate over email, they will do anything to get you in or not give you a price, just keep calm and move to the next one... sooner or later you will find one willing to deal because they are desperate for business, need to hit a quota, etc

You should expect a better offer for an in stock truck, go out of state if you have to. Or wait until the end of the month. I was ready to fly out 500-1000 miles to get one but luckily didn’t have to in the end. Be persistent and keep negotiations over email and you will find a deal. There’s also that YouTube guy Chevy Dave selling from Ohio and shipping nation wide. Good luck!

Yeah I just seen your deal above looks like fairly close to what they are going to negotiate with me. The one I want is not fully loaded though.

They do hate working online with email. All they do is demand to come in to dealer. 2019 I think we can get most of it done without coming into the dealer.

Thanks again

Edited by tsbond

Yep, even after email negotiation they tried to pull a fast one on me when I came to pick up the truck. My sales person wasn’t there so her manager was doing the paperwork and the price he showed was about 1,000 more than agreed. Had to pull up the original email from 2 months ago and show it to him. Should’ve seen the look on his face, even said something that he’s losing money on the deal (yeah, right!). Reminded me why you should always have it in writing!

• Like 1

Made my first ever vehicle purchase, a RST Z71 crew Cab Cajun Red with bucket front seats MSRP 52,870 ended up negotiating for 2 weeks and got it for 41k OTD (38970 before TTL) right at the end of June after walking out of 6 other dealerships over those few weeks. 

Edited by ChevyDawg4

2019 LTZ 6.2 Silverado 4x4  - $61k msrp + TTL (Around $65k) and I was out the door $55,700.   I had to battle hard..   Quick tip...  look at the manufacture date on the driver side, mine was sitting on their lot for 4 or 5 months when I bought it and they had 2.   I told them when they are serious call me or they can keep it on the lot for another 5 months, that it was too much money and that's why no one was buying it..    a lot more to that but look for one that's been on the lot for a while.    They called me 3 times on the way home, I got my price and they delivered it to my house at 8:00 PM that night.    I felt like that was a good deal at the time but I'm sure there are better out there now. 

Also.. don't pay and finance an extended warranty, you are just paying interest on that!   Wait until you are almost out of the factory one and buy then!  Why pay for something you aren't even going to use for 3 years AND pay interest on it..  

Smitty

Edited by Smitty
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Smitty said:

2019 LTZ 6.2 Silverado 4x4  - $61k msrp + TTL (Around $65k) and I was out the door $55,700.   I had to battle hard..   Quick tip...  look at the manufacture date on the driver side, mine was sitting on their lot for 4 or 5 months when I bought it and they had 2.   I told them when they are serious call me or they can keep it on the lot for another 5 months, that it was too much money and that's why no one was buying it..    a lot more to that but look for one that's been on the lot for a while.    They called me 3 times on the way home, I got my price and they delivered it to my house at 8:00 PM that night.    I felt like that was a good deal at the time but I'm sure there are better out there now. 

Also.. don't pay and finance an extended warranty, you are just paying interest on that!   Wait until you are almost out of the factory one and buy then!  Why pay for something you aren't even going to use for 3 years AND pay interest on it..  

Smitty

When was this?  I bought a 6.2 LTZ Z71 $62k sticker for about $55k OTD in December last year.  Just curious.  That included the Costco year end rebate.