What did you pay for your truck?

2020 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 4x4

- 3.0L Duramax, Z71 package, Texas Edition, Convenience Package II, Safety Package, Leather, Front 40/20/40 bench, Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, 20” Wheels, Black bow tie on front grill and wheel center caps, matte black Chevrolet inlay lettering on tailgate, vin etching on glass

MSRP ~$56K+ paid $43.5K

Edited by Duramax3oh

2 minutes ago, Duramax3oh said:

2020 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 4x4

- 3.0L Duramax, Z71 package, Texas Edition, Convenience Package II, Safety Package, Leather, Front 40/20/40 bench, Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, 20” Wheels, Black bow tie on front grill and wheel center caps, matte black Chevrolet inlay lettering on tailgate, vin etching on glass

MSRP ~$56K+ paid $43.5K

how did you get the front bench AND convenience 2? I thought it wasn't possible to get them together..

3 hours ago, disneybaker said:

This was the incentives last year

67b2f503b2a2ae78ff74abefe35fbed5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting and bet its pretty close every year.......seems you can always get at least 20% except for maybe right when they are released.....I been on here almost a year and seen plenty get good discounts all year.....just depends on how well the buyer knows how to negotiate is the difference....they make it on financing.

Edited by Dunn

how did you get the front bench AND convenience 2? I thought it wasn't possible to get them together..

You can get convenience 2 with buckets or convenience 2 with bench, check out gmfamilyfirst.com, even if you aren’t eligible for gm employee pricing, the build tool is a lot easier than the chevy site

interesting and bet its pretty close every year.......seems you can always get at least 20% except for maybe right when they are released.....I been on here almost a year and seen plenty get good discounts all year.....just depends on how well the buyer knows how to negotiate is the difference....they make it on financing.

If you have good relations with small town banks they tell you big bank secrets, end of Jan, feb and beginning of March worst time to buy a car if you’re looking for incentives, it’s tax season, people have money and want to spend it,

At the end of the year dealers don’t want cars on lots becuase they have to pay taxes on them

8 hours ago, disneybaker said:

You can get convenience 2 with buckets or convenience 2 with bench, check out gmfamilyfirst.com, even if you aren’t eligible for gm employee pricing, the build tool is a lot easier than the chevy site

I tried building an RST and it didn't work. selecting conv. 2 automatically selected conv. w/ buckets. that site is identical to the gmsupplier site, except the discount is bigger.

Just now, msaul37 said:

I tried building an RST and it didn't work. selecting conv. 2 automatically selected conv. w/ buckets. that site is identical to the gmsupplier site, except the discount is bigger.

Convenience 2 is only available with buckets on trucks that can have buckets. If you want Convenience 2 with a bench, you need to get an LT or SLE. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, msaul37 said:

Chevy’s website is terrible about automatically adding other things or deleting them (I.e. bench to bucket swap). 

I told the dealership exactly what I wanted and wouldn’t compromise on and they got it shipped over a couple days later. I was pretty impressed. I didn’t care about the “package” per se but said I needed bench, leather, sliding rear window, front outlet etc!

4 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Convenience 2 is only available with buckets on trucks that can have buckets. If you want Convenience 2 with a bench, you need to get an LT or SLE. 

This would make sense. I originally wanted the RST but couldn’t find one the exact way I wanted it. LT was the way to go and the chrome bumpers have grown on me a lot. Was going to just replace but I’ll keep the chrome   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve8 said:

Curious to see if GM gets more aggressive with pricing as 1-2 trillion dollars of wealth has just evaporated

Also would help to say where some of these deals are happening.

Yea? Whose pocket did it land in this time? 

:crackup:

5 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Chevy’s website is terrible about automatically adding other things or deleting them (I.e. bench to bucket swap). 

I told the dealership exactly what I wanted and wouldn’t compromise on and they got it shipped over a couple days later. I was pretty impressed. I didn’t care about the “package” per se but said I needed bench, leather, sliding rear window, front outlet etc!

it does suck when you want to add a feature but they make you buy a bunch of stuff you don't want or need.....think they all do it to some degree.....when I was building RAM's they seemed to be lil better than chevy with that....I wanted to add an option and think I had to get snow plow or 5th wheel pkg or something and it had nothing to do with what I needed, lol.

most of stuff should just be ala carte

6 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

This would make sense. I originally wanted the RST but couldn’t find one the exact way I wanted it. LT was the way to go and the chrome bumpers have grown on me a lot. Was going to just replace but I’ll keep the chrome   

I got an RST but was also looking at an LT....wouldn't have mattered to me either way, I don't mind the chrome

I actually like the TB front end and black bumpers but wasn't willing to lose the interior features.....always buy the interior ive learned, outside is lot easier

am not a real tech person but I really like heated seats and wheel...paid no attn and didn't care but man are they nice!

I'm a stickler for fog lamps and rear window defogger.. something I think should be standard on every vehicle. so that's why I have my LT Silverado w/ convenience package from 2014. 

So when I saw that the new trucks wouldn't have fog lights on LTs, I was bummed. So I chose the RST.. the trailbosses are nice but i'm not a fan of the black front, the lift, or off road tires. 

IF I could pick and choose, i'd get a bench seat, bose radio, upgraded mylink dash, and no sliding window. but I can't, so I guess i'll compromise and get a console and leaking window.