What did you pay for your truck?

3 hours ago, redvettez06 said:

Oh shit. That's about what they are running up her in AK. Would you buy the 3.0 again if given the chance?

Absolutely. I have owned every V8 engine GM has made and multiple of each 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 plus the 6.6 diesel in multiple years. I have added superchargers/cams etc on 5.3 and 6.2. I am nearing middle age now and getting away from some of the “fun” stuff and I absolutely love my Baby dmax. Granted it is not near as fast as what I am use to driving but it is more than sufficient and the mpgs are just too damn good. I have a 2019 dually for towing so that was not my purpose in going diesel this time around in my everyday vehicle.

your gonna be seeing some really low prices here soon, truck market going down.....if your stable and have cash wait a month and deals will be insane

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MNTIM said:

Trail boss LT 

sticker was 54470

paid 40k before taxes. 
got 17.5k for a 2012 Tacoma on trade as well

MN auto show Has all the dealers here 11.-13k off 

I would have done that.....I wanted the LT TB but at the time I purchased they were insanely high and custom TB wasn't very impressive for what they wanted....I can modify my RST to a TB and still be under 40k but still if they had one and did that deal I would have taken it....nice job.

3 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I would have done that.....I wanted the LT TB but at the time I purchased they were insanely high and custom TB wasn't very impressive for what they wanted....I can modify my RST to a TB and still be under 40k but still if they had one and did that deal I would have taken it....nice job.

Yeah. The problem locally was any LT  with the 6.2 was loaded. 
I was nearly going to go 3 states away but rebates wouldn’t have been the same. 
mine has 

convenience 1

safety

trailer brake

anything after that Wasn’t worth it at this point for me. A big dealer in Wisconsin has a 6.2 coming but it didn’t have the safety package - only wanted that Just incase the wife drives it... it’s kind of our “backup” vehicle. 
 I’m really happy with how it turned out. 

Yeah. The problem locally was any LT  with the 6.2 was loaded. 
I was nearly going to go 3 states away but rebates wouldn’t have been the same. 
mine has 
convenience 1
safety
trailer brake

anything after that Wasn’t worth it at this point for me. A big dealer in Wisconsin has a 6.2 coming but it didn’t have the safety package - only wanted that Just incase the wife drives it... it’s kind of our “backup” vehicle. 
 I’m really happy with how it turned out. 

Same options we wanted but couldn’t find a 5.3, couldn’t justify the extra $2450 for the 6.2, I don’t pull anything and it’s just a truck for the wife to haul kayaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

Same options we wanted but couldn’t find a 5.3, couldn’t justify the extra $2450 for the 6.2, I don’t pull anything and it’s just a truck for the wife to haul kayaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah she drives a 15 Subaru outback

and I commute and haul work gear in a 99 outback

so the TB  is what I use For hauling the small human/family in for trips and it’s what I tow my boat with. So I’m figuring 5-6k a year. And plenty of garage time. But it’s an investment and I don’t wanna have a rust bucket if I can help it. 

14 hours ago, Bo Evans said:

Absolutely. I have owned every V8 engine GM has made and multiple of each 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 plus the 6.6 diesel in multiple years. I have added superchargers/cams etc on 5.3 and 6.2. I am nearing middle age now and getting away from some of the “fun” stuff and I absolutely love my Baby dmax. Granted it is not near as fast as what I am use to driving but it is more than sufficient and the mpgs are just too damn good. I have a 2019 dually for towing so that was not my purpose in going diesel this time around in my everyday vehicle.

Middle aged too and a "slow" lightfoot driver. The new truck will be my daily as well as a some towing stuff (nothing over 9k). The Duramax seems perfect, I'm just a little iffy on the longevity. I suppose that I could always get an extended warranty I suppose. I plan on keeping it 10+ years. 

1 hour ago, redvettez06 said:

Middle aged too and a "slow" lightfoot driver. The new truck will be my daily as well as a some towing stuff (nothing over 9k). The Duramax seems perfect, I'm just a little iffy on the longevity. I suppose that I could always get an extended warranty I suppose. I plan on keeping it 10+ years. 

They sure are a complex little engine. I would think the more it’s worked “within obvious reason” the better off they will be. 

i really contemplated getting one also but my occasion use didn’t justify the risk with a new engine. Especially knowing it wouldn’t be able to “work” it. 

Thay being said 3-5 years if they are holding strong and still being produced I may Change my tune 

2 hours ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

I was thinking about trading in my 2017 LTZ for a  Trail boss. Think I will get screwed on trade in?

That entirely depends on you, if you get "screwed".  But, most likely you won't get as much money for your truck as you would have a month or two ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davester said:

That entirely depends on you, if you get "screwed".  But, most likely you won't get as much money for your truck as you would have a month or two ago.

ultimately the deal you get is dependent on what you are willing to sign for....they present it but still bottom line is you

never be afraid to walk away. you will be shocked how fast things can turn around

sell truck privately has and is still best way to get most....but more legwork

Edited by Dunn