What did you pay for your truck?

I dealt with 3 dealers direct, and it seemed like only one was willing to deal. I did deal with another through TruCar, but when the sales guy quoted me a price higher than their advertised price, I did not respond. 

If you're in Texas, I can pass on the information of the salesman I used. 

Where in Texas are you? I’m in Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I’m hoping for some in sight from those of you who have used employee pricing. Went to a few dealerships yesterday looking at RST‘s and LTZ‘s, dealership seemed unwilling to take their incentives as well as GM consumer cash plus the employee discount, the best they could offer was no dealer fee.I was hoping they would take the employee price for the vehicle minus whatever incentives they are offering is this the case?

4 hours ago, Aiden schofield said:

I’m hoping for some in sight from those of you who have used employee pricing. Went to a few dealerships yesterday looking at RST‘s and LTZ‘s, dealership seemed unwilling to take their incentives as well as GM consumer cash plus the employee discount, the best they could offer was no dealer fee.I was hoping they would take the employee price for the vehicle minus whatever incentives they are offering is this the case?

I feel like the various discount codes are mostly a marketing ploy and don’t really do much for you. I bought my truck last month and had employee and military codes but it didn’t seem to matter. I think the pricing is just smoke and mirrors. If they give you money somewhere, you’ll lose it somewhere else and end up at the same final number. 

yeah idk how all that stuff works but I do know this.....went to a dealer last week who showed me an "invoice" and gave be price below employee pricing and I am not.....I couldn't check it to see if it was but not bad price nevertheless although still higher than what she told me she would do by email which is why I left

and secondly last year I somehow qualified for lesse discount that 3 other dealers told me I wouldn't receive when I went in to sign and yet the price was same when I did, it didn't vary from our negotiations thru emails

so idk how or what they do....but I think your right they can move the numbers around anyway they want as long as they get their bottom line or above.....as long as you get the deal you want or what your willing to pay let them do whatever they have too......go to 5 dealers and they will all tell you something different, lol

3 numbers only matter (well maybe 4)…..selling price, interest rate, trade and maybe ( dealer fees and or addendum stickers if they do it)…..everything else is smoke and mirrors......TTL will vary by state

every company has to profit for sure but the way they do it and tactics some use is just ridiculous

Edited by Dunn

42,300 for a 4wd SLT DC. MSRP was 58,500. This was back last summer. 

Both convenience packages, color matched fender flares and white frost tricoat. It did have 1800 miles, and I lost two months of warranty but I could care less. Felt like I robbed the place walking out lol. 

These trucks will hold a decent value for the foreseeable future as well for anyone that cares. They changed so much from the last generation for the better. Other than a digital gauge cluster and a better infotainment screen, there really isn't a whole lot they can do to these vehicles from this point forward. 

Couldn't be happier with my truck. 

3 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

42,300 for a 4wd SLT DC. MSRP was 58,500. This was back last summer. 

Both convenience packages, color matched fender flares and white frost tricoat. It did have 1800 miles, and I lost two months of warranty but I could care less. Felt like I robbed the place walking out lol. 

These trucks will hold a decent value for the foreseeable future as well for anyone that cares. They changed so much from the last generation for the better. Other than a digital gauge cluster and a better infotainment screen, there really isn't a whole lot they can do to these vehicles from this point forward. 

Couldn't be happier with my truck. 

Yea man thats damn good. I wasnt too far behind you. Sticker was the same, 58,500. Was around like 43xxx. I dont care what magic they have to pull out of their ass to get me somewhere near where i want to be.

Pulled the trigger on an AT4 last week. Crew cab, standard box with the 3.0L is hard to find, ended up buying one in FL & having it shipped up here.

Couldn't get them to go more than $12k off MSRP

20 minutes ago, chris84 said:

Pulled the trigger on an AT4 last week. Crew cab, standard box with the 3.0L is hard to find, ended up buying one in FL & having it shipped up here.

Couldn't get them to go more than $12k off MSRP

Nice. How did you work out the shipping? I assume sticker was round low 60s?

Has anyone had luck using GM employee discount with the AT4s? My wife's mom retired GM and she generated a 'code' for me as immediate family. I haven't presented it... yet. More importantly, how about using it concurrently with a military /first responder discount? I'm military. Is it normally one or the other or honor both? 

Msrp 65,650(6.2 v8 short box } 

Dealers first offer off MSRP

Discount $6750 (not itemized) 

Rebates : 7k

Pretty decent eh? 

Being that the "discount ' isn't itemized I have no idea if the mil discount has been factored in. I like the first offer but they lowballed on my trade in below KBB. Have read numerous news articles today about excess inventory on the used car side and nothing moving so below kbb isn't surprising.

This AT4 is in a hard to find color w/the 6.2 so I'm thinking it's going to move! Thx

1 hour ago, TVelar said:

Nice. How did you work out the shipping? I assume sticker was round low 60s?

I payed it - total $ still ended up right around what some closer dealers where offering. Sticker was $65K