What did you pay for your truck?

Have you asked for a buy back, or a trade allowance to get out of the truck?

If you are this unhappy with the truck, GM has to know by now.
No as the issues continue to be marked as "unable to replicate".

Requested a new service advisor, felt kind of bad but I needed to make sure that they were completely clear that I'm done playing games. Ended up basically telling him that his techs are incompetent and that I shouldn't be able to diagnose the root causes of a problem better than they are with all their certificates and degrees and tools.

Got into it with him a bit about why my 2003 2500HD shifts better than my brand new truck. (It's shifting okay, not brilliant. Not a trans Issue as far as I can tell. Likely a tuning Issue. once it complets 1-2 shift it's hitting the drivetrain Hard with a burst of torque. 90% sure it tore a mount.)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Have you asked for a buy back, or a trade allowance to get out of the truck?

If you are this unhappy with the truck, GM has to know by now.
This will be my final attempt. If I still can't get to a resolution I will be pursuing other options very aggressively.

8 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

This will be my final attempt. If I still can't get to a resolution I will be pursuing other options very aggressively.

Have you asked GM if you can take it to another lot?

Most times another dealer does not want to inherit a warranty claim, but this seems to be at that point.

Have you asked GM if you can take it to another lot?

Most times another dealer does not want to inherit a warranty claim, but this seems to be at that point.
Next nearest large dealer is 400 miles south. There is one about 250 miles south too but they aren't as large.

12 hours ago, Chevyguy273 said:

I’m in an arm wrestling match kinda right now with my salesman. I’m going back later today to see if I can squeeze more than $9000 off msrp. Which actually is probably a good deal due to zero inventory in my local area. Well I’ll know later today. 

I've tried to talk to smaller dealerships, they will only do the gm supllier and rebate. A couple larger dealers have trade assistance and down payment assistance options, I'll try those next. Don't know how to go about asking to see the invoice price and taking rebates and discounts off those. 

27 minutes ago, msaul37 said:

I've tried to talk to smaller dealerships, they will only do the gm supllier and rebate. A couple larger dealers have trade assistance and down payment assistance options, I'll try those next. Don't know how to go about asking to see the invoice price and taking rebates and discounts off those. 

Walk in and immediately ask for invoice price, & tell them your going to start there. If they say no or anything besides a positive response walk.

Finally it’s mine. 2020 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab short box LTZ with the 6.2. $57615 msrp. $48500 before tax. I wanted $10k off msrp. But. Under the current circumstances of inventory shortage. Especially in my multi state region in the north east. I think I got a very fair deal. It was a great buying experience. Although it took longer than expected. Due to the factories being shut down for 2 months.  The haggling was very humorous. Everyone was polite and professional. I will say that this truck is a behemoth compared to my little Corolla. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chevyguy273 said:

Finally it’s mine. 2020 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab short box LTZ with the 6.2. $57615 msrp. $48500 before tax. I wanted $10k off msrp. But. Under the current circumstances of inventory shortage. Especially in my multi state region in the north east. I think I got a very fair deal. It was a great buying experience. Although it took longer than expected. Due to the factories being shut down for 2 months.  The haggling was very humorous. Everyone was polite and professional. I will say that this truck is a behemoth compared to my little Corolla. 

Congratulations! 

Pictures?

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Thanks 1

This is a deal locally. New 2020 Sierra 1500 SLE . 2WD CC   3.0 Diesel. Selling price $38407   Seems there are some good discounts out there. Funny though that a $51,380 msrp truck has cloth seats. 

Destination Charge $1,595.00
Installed Options
  • Onyx Black $195.00
  • Trailer brake controller, integrated $275.00
  • Engine, Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 $3,890.00
  • Wheels, 20" x 9" (50.8 cm x 22.9 cm) Polished aluminum $1,700.00
  • Preferred Package $1,145.00
  • SLE Value Package $2,880.00
  • SLE VALUE PACKAGE DISCOUNT -$500.00
  •  
Total Options $9,585.00
MSRP* $51,380.00

On 7/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, krisftw said:

Got a 2020 1500 RST with convenience I & II, leather, all star package, trailer package. Got a spray on bed liner and tints included in the deal.

MSRP $50k

OTD $40k.

was 38k without taxes etc. 

got the $5500 cash incentive

costco $1500 

lease incentive $1500

first responder incentive and dealer gave me $4500. 

car was not in stock but had one with vin assigned and leaving factory. Should arrive in 1-2 weeks. 

Paperwork signed and all. Financed through GM.

my question - now that it’s July do I still get all my rebates? 

I've got an RST that supposed to be in this week. The lease on my 2017 Silverado is up the end of this month. Assumed I'd get the $1,500 lease loyalty but reading the fine print says you have to be leasing the new vehicle as well, maybe that's not the case. Will probably finance this truck to get the $5,000 cash allowance. 

9 hours ago, RedHot6.2 said:

I've got an RST that supposed to be in this week. The lease on my 2017 Silverado is up the end of this month. Assumed I'd get the $1,500 lease loyalty but reading the fine print says you have to be leasing the new vehicle as well, maybe that's not the case. Will probably finance this truck to get the $5,000 cash allowance. 

It also applies to finance. Someone in my household has a lease so it counted for me. Difference between lease and finance in payment was not much. So I went the finance route and got the truck for almost 14k off MSRP. Couldn’t pass that up. Absolutely love the truck. Got free black side steps, free tints, a bed liner and all weather floor mats.

2020 RST Crew Cab 4x4 Black 5.3L

-All Star Edition

-Convenience package II W/Bucket seats

-Sun Roof

-Trailer Package

-Z71 Package 

MSRP 53800

45.5 +TTL.

Not the best deal but after a few months of looking this was the best in my area due to the current inventory shortage. They also gave 2k more on Honda trade than the 3 other quotes I got. Overall there are some things I wish it had that I got accustomed to with the Honda like the Adaptive Cruise Control and 31 MPG but I absolutely love the truck.

Edited by dascenc

2020 Trail Boss LT Northsky Blue/Black crew cab/ short bed

MSRP: $58,755

OTD: $56421.77

Includes tax, title, license, $1000 trade (2008 Saturn Outlook in rough shape that i was given free), $1000 down (to ensure the truck wasn't sold during the week it took to finalize the papers), plus $5750 in GM Accessories added to the deal. The $5750 is included in the OTD total.

Accessories added to the deal (all GM Accessories:

CAI

Exhaust

Offroad Steps

Sport Bar

U800 Dash Camera (plus install)

Rear Wheel Well Liners

Additional expenses not included above, but already paid out of pocket:

Black SILVERADO and LT Emblems

Black CHEVROLET vinyl for tailgate

Black light up bowtie for front grill

Black 6.2L Emblems for hood (arriving at dealership tomorrow)

GM Accessories locking hitch pin

WeatherTech window vent visors (arriving Saturday)

WeatherTech front license plate frame (arriving Saturday)

WeatherTech rear license plate frame with clear plate cover (arriving Saturday)

Rough Country hard folding tonneau cover (arriving Monday)

Line-X bed liner Aug 4th-5th

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk