What did you pay for your truck?

36 minutes ago, Dunn said:

looks like 2500 gas rebates went up from nothing to something.....but yeah either wait awhile or see if a dealer needs to make a sale.....on 1500 12k seems to be the benchmark ( some better some lower but seems avg in normal times)….on 2500 idk maybe 4k and diesel maybe 8k.....not best time to get great deal though am sure someone will, timing and dealer make big difference but overall maybe wait for 2021

I do see a bit of 2500s funneling in to dealers though last week or so....1500s probably same and more so....depends how many are left and are gonna get built..

I can’t wait to see what kind of deal my salesman will have for me. If any when my ordered truck from February arrives either this week or next. The msrp is $57100 When the truck was ordered he said don’t worry. The selling price will be under $50k regardless of what incentives are. He stated high $40s. So. If I can get it for $47 or 48 before tax. I think I could live with that. If he says due to inventory and the current situation the auto industry is in. We can only give you $5000 off. I will tell him to keep it. And go rip someone else off. And I will wait and buy something else. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chevyguy273 said:

I can’t wait to see what kind of deal my salesman will have for me. If any when my ordered truck from February arrives either this week or next. The msrp is $57100 When the truck was ordered he said don’t worry. The selling price will be under $50k regardless of what incentives are. He stated high $40s. So. If I can get it for $47 or 48 before tax. I think I could live with that. If he says due to inventory and the current situation the auto industry is in. We can only give you $5000 off. I will tell him to keep it. And go rip someone else off. And I will wait and buy something else. 

Perfect answer!!!!

• Like 1

Thats good thing with ball in your court

As long as you have willpower to give up a truck you built specifically for you.....think they bank a bit on that factor for sure unless build is oretty much a standard truck they always order anyways.....

You'll find out soon enough though....a car salesman sticking to something they said I would hold my breath....if he does you scored a good one...

just found a used 2020, with 83 miles?, original 'owner' had it for 2 months and 55 miles. RST, northsky blue, z71, drop in bedliner, crew cab, all star, convenience 2 and safety packages, with black wheels--no idea if they're trail boss takeoffs or just rim covers. listed price is $45,423. Brand new, this would sticker around $54,000. wonder how low i could offer them? after all, that truck lost %40 of its value when it drove off the lot the first time ? only thing i'd change would be to add a wheel well liner, change running boards to black tube, try to see if that tailgate lettering can be removed or blacked out instead, and find out if the floormats got lost or what.

https://www.rameymotors.net/used/Chevrolet/2020-Chevrolet-Silverado+1500-princeton-wv-07a8ad5d0a0e0a176a8d7b383416bd20.htm 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

322ca6e61920ff8965210b0045106011x.jpg

2 hours ago, Dunn said:

Thats good thing with ball in your court

As long as you have willpower to give up a truck you built specifically for you.....think they bank a bit on that factor for sure unless build is oretty much a standard truck they always order anyways.....

You'll find out soon enough though....a car salesman sticking to something they said I would hold my breath....if he does you scored a good one...

That is the tough one. To walk away from a truck I’ve been waiting nearly 6 months for. But there is no way I would only accept $5000 off msrp to buy. 

• Like 1

Shout out to Classic of Denison TX. They have built their name on being honorable and it was tested today but they stood tall. Long story short, I've been shopping a while and have insomnia due to spinal steroid injections. At 3am this morning I was checking prices for the new month and saw some large mark downs at Classic. I may have thought it was a mistake but it was on all of the service loaners so I figured they were clearing them out and I had gotten lucky catching the clearance at the right time, there was actually a discount listed as (5) which said clearance. They had one truck I wanted and I got there at opening after driving down from Oklahoma. Current mileage on the truck was 3,750. 

5.3L RST CC Texas edition with some extras. MSRP $45975.00. Selling price $28,121.00. (Not including TTL) Total savings $17,854.00

I'm happy.

Edit: The price was very very wrong, by a lot but they honored it.

IMG_1964.jpg

Edited by batman900
  • Like 3

Shout out to Classic of Denison TX. They have built their name on being honorable and it was tested today but they stood tall. Long story short, I've been shopping a while and have insomnia due to spinal steroid injections. At 3am this morning I was checking prices for the new month and saw some large mark downs at Classic. I may have thought it was a mistake but it was on all of the service loaners so I figured they were clearing them out and I had gotten lucky catching the clearance at the right time, there was actually a discount listed as (5) which said clearance. They had one truck I wanted and I got there at opening after driving down from Oklahoma. Current mileage on the truck was 3,750. 

5.3L RST CC Texas edition. MSRP $45975.00. Selling price $28,121.00. (Not including TTL)

I'm happy.
Oof hope that isn't a snapshot of our future resale values...... Although with the Tahoe interior coming to the 2021 trucks we might be in trouble.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

Oof hope that isn't a snapshot of our future resale values...... Although with the Tahoe interior coming to the 2021 trucks we might be in trouble.

The price was a mistake lol but they honored it. I edited but you replied fast haha.

the used 2020 rst i posted is now at 44,750. original owner bought in north carolina in november, traded it(asumingly) in february with 65 miles. now has 85 miles and is used as a demo by the manager. sticker would've been around $54k. 

too much for a used truck. i don't care how many miles are on it. heck, if it was a dealer demo only, and not a used one, it should be fine but it's being sold at a dodge dealership in WV.

1 hour ago, msaul37 said:

the used 2020 rst i posted is now at 44,750. original owner bought in north carolina in november, traded it(asumingly) in february with 65 miles. now has 85 miles and is used as a demo by the manager. sticker would've been around $54k. 

too much for a used truck. i don't care how many miles are on it. heck, if it was a dealer demo only, and not a used one, it should be fine but it's being sold at a dodge dealership in WV.

Around 10k off seems typical / decent off any new Silverado right now especially if it is a desirable trim. If it only has 85 miles....... That is barely more than a couple of test drives from most lots. I drive around for at least 30 minutes before I buy and sometimes I don't end up purchasing so that's at least 25-35 miles. I don't understand how anyone could have purchased and then traded and it still has less than 100 miles on it? Maybe a dealer trade? Anyways, at that mileage I wouldn't consider the truck used.

Edit: You might wanna Carfax it before wasting any time to go look at it. They may be reporting the miles wrong.

Edited by batman900

I bought my 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate at the beginning of the year as a leftover. All in, the discounts totaled a bit over $14k from sticker which was around 67. It was kind of a weird buying experience as the day I was supposed to finish the paperwork and pick it up, I was told that someone else had bought the truck. Was really miffed about that, but a few days later, they called me back to say that it was available again, so I opted to go ahead and snag it. I had tried to find something similar in the meantime, but there wasn't anything comparable in my area. 

First new vehicle and first truck purchase in a long time. Buying experience aside, I really like the vehicle and the 6.2 engine has amazing pickup.

Denali.jpg

• Like 1

that's how i'm getting the info.. the carfax said it was registered in north carolina at 7 miles in november/december. it was then put at auto auction at 63 miles in february. then in april, it bounced through a dealership family(ramey chevy, then ramey toyota, then ramey chrysler),  now at 84 miles as of May 15.

according to the dealer, the truck is now being used as a demo. so i have no idea how many miles are on it.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=dlr_3&vin=3gcuyeed8lg126402&_rf_id=949632878&_ga=2.207885074.1237166268.1593904614-825705030.1593663971

Edited by msaul37

that's how i'm getting the info.. the carfax said it was registered in north carolina at 7 miles in november/december. it was then put at auto auction at 63 miles in february. then in april, it bounced through a dealership family(ramey chevy, then ramey toyota, then ramey chrysler),  now at 84 miles as of May 15.

according to the dealer, the truck is now being used as a demo. so i have no idea how many miles are on it.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=dlr_3&vin=3gcuyeed8lg126402&_rf_id=949632878&_ga=2.207885074.1237166268.1593904614-825705030.1593663971
5.3/ 8 speed? Wonder if it's one of the ones with the nasty shutter issue?

Rare for multiple dealers not to be able to sale. Unless they were asking only like 5k off MSRP or something stupid like that.

Was it sold at auction pre-covid? Maybe they are in it too deep.

Now they are just running miles to save face/ to prevent miles on their new stock.

Just checked the car fax.

ya they are in deep if they are adding accessories like that. Accessory MSRP includes 20% profit for dealers.

still, jeez man 85 miles on truck is nothing, lol

both my 1500 and 2500 didn't even break in til 2k plus....still has full warranty unless its a lemon I don't see the issue

both of mine had 200 miles  on them.....most recent 2500 had 100 miles on delivery to my house from dealer but still had at least hundy on it

Edited by Dunn