Needing to sell my short bed cover

dhldmoore

Hey everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker. I have a 2016 Silverado 5.3 LTZ with the short bed (I assume 5' 8" bed) that came from the factory with optional tri-fold  tonneau cover. I thoroughly enjoy this driving this truck and have only had a minor electrical driver seat issue when it has rained excessively but that is not the point here. I recently purchased a low profile toolbox and, as such, I cannot use the cover that came with the truck any longer. My plan is to sell it and purchase a shorter cover that is made to cover a bed with a toolbox. I have read several threads on this site vendors that sell them but my issue is how to sell the current cover? Advertise locally on CraigsList or what? 

Seeing as though it was $920 accessory from the factory, I don't plan on giving it away but I know I won't get anywhere near that price for it nor do I expect to. It has the normal wear from the elements and I do plan to clean it and take pictures when I get ready to sell. Currently stored in my workshop.  

JUst throwing feelers out there to see what my options are at this point.

Post on local CL ask $550/obo take 500 cash. Post with pics of it laid out in the drive both sides, the GM part # and if you have a pic of it when it was still on the truck include that. If you’ve never sold anything on CL it’s a trip and a half. 

Might as well put on this thread where you are located in case somebody on here close to you is looking for one. Also look in the classifieds on this site to see if anybody is looking for one close to you. Go to “home” page and scroll down till you find marketplace. You can’t post it for sale there though cause you don’t have 50 posts yet :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wforrest08 said:

Post on local CL ask $550/obo take 500 cash. Post with pics of it laid out in the drive both sides, the GM part # and if you have a pic of it when it was still on the truck include that. If you’ve never sold anything on CL it’s a trip and a half. 

Might as well put on this thread where you are located in case somebody on here close to you is looking for one. Also look in the classifieds on this site to see if anybody is looking for one close to you. Go to “home” page and scroll down till you find marketplace. You can’t post it for sale there though cause you don’t have 50 posts yet :(

Thanks for that help! Much appreciated.

I am located in central Alabama (guess I should update my profile to help answer those type questions). Just think  only 48 posts to go until I can post it for sale.....

• Like 1

I sell all kinds of stuff on CL. It usually works great once you get through the spam texts and people who never show up when they said they will.

wforrest08 hit the nail on the head- Good pictures will sell it on any online advertising site. Take good pics and write a good description and post title so it pops up in searches.

• Like 3

David,

I'm in Fairhope and am interested depending on where you are located, condition and price. I have a low profile toolbox I took off of the truck I just traded in and am looking for a tri-fold hard cover.

Please PM some pictures.

Thanks,

Fritz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 2:19 AM, 2018deepocean said:

I have one here too in SF by area for sale too if anyone is interested. It is the factory tri fold soft cover. Stored in my garage after only 20 miles on truck. 

If you still have it, can you send me some pictures of it.  I'm going to be up that way in mid-May (San Ramon & UC East Bay areas).

How much?

Edited by Ravenkeeper