Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

On 1/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, Ericruiz911 said:

No luck yet. Should be by the end of next week. Regardless, here is the documentation for headunit removal. It is 6 bolts holding it in and you may need to tear out the lower trim piece to get to the others. I do not have the truck yet so I am just going off the documentation.

Instrument Panel Replacement 3.jpg

Instrument Panel Replacement 2.jpg

Instrument Panel Replacement 1.jpg

Is this your new truck week?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ericruiz911 said:

I really hope so. They got the title application from my selling dealership on friday so it should only be a few more days. Who knows at this point. :sigh:

I tried again getting that bottom piece out.. I still can’t remove it, it’s seems like it’s being blocked on either near the edges of the center console. Frustrating 

3 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

I tried again getting that bottom piece out.. I still can’t remove it, it’s seems like it’s being blocked on either near the edges of the center console. Frustrating 

So if you look at the diagrams, there is section that says "Preliminary Procedures". For that bottom trim piece, it looks like you need to remove the cup holder trim plate. I can get back onto the service site and review the diagrams later to confirm. It may be a fairly easy removal but you can wait for me to confirm. Sorry, I thought I had covered them all

1 hour ago, Ericruiz911 said:

So if you look at the diagrams, there is section that says "Preliminary Procedures". For that bottom trim piece, it looks like you need to remove the cup holder trim plate. I can get back onto the service site and review the diagrams later to confirm. It may be a fairly easy removal but you can wait for me to confirm. Sorry, I thought I had covered them all

Awesome.  I knew there was something that wasn’t working out right. Thank you for helping me.

18 hours ago, Ericruiz911 said:

Yea man, no problem. I'll post back in a little. 

I took a quick look at it, looks like the whole piece from the charging mat to the center console has to come out.  Looking forward to seeing your schematics to see if that is really the case

hey, sorry but I didn't see your PM. Anyways, shoot me your email if you can't open the files attached. They are labeled in the order they need to be (E.g. (#1) is the first part you remove). Absolutely ridiculous but whatever. 

Lower Trim Removal (#3).pdf

Cup Holder Trim Replacement (#2).pdf

Console Right Side Replacement (#1).pdf

Console Left Side Replacement (#1).pdf

• Like 2

Got both console side pieces off, got the cup holder trim off, got to the lower trim removal and still couldn't release it.  I can't believe that damn piece is being so stubborn.  Will try again this weekend when I have more time.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the speaker size of the non bose system? I have not been able to find anything on it. Has anyone replaced the stock speakers yet? I am thinking about doing it and adding an amp, I have already added one amp and a JL sub to my stock stereo. Any info would be much appreciated. 

Has there been any developments in the aftermarket for these stereos? Mine has the base stereo and desperately needs an upgrade. I'll start with the sub and amp first, which I pulled out of my old truck. Is there any drop in sub boxes available that fit the new trucks? I can't seem to find one. Rather not pay for custom made if I don't have to.

Second question is where to get signal from. Is there a separate amp for the base stereo or is it all contained in the head unit?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, white94rx said:

Has there been any developments in the aftermarket for these stereos? Mine has the base stereo and desperately needs an upgrade. I'll start with the sub and amp first, which I pulled out of my old truck. Is there any drop in sub boxes available that fit the new trucks? I can't seem to find one. Rather not pay for custom made if I don't have to.

Second question is where to get signal from. Is there a separate amp for the base stereo or is it all contained in the head unit?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JL Audio sent me this January23rd, said they had completed development of the stealth box for the truck:

"We just finished development of a new Stealthbox model designed to fit the 4th Generation GM full-size trucks. It's not available yet, but we hope to begin shipping sometime next month.

The enclosure comes loaded with a pair of 12TW3-D8 woofers in a down firing configuration that installs under the rear seat. The pair of woofers are wired for a 2 ohm mono load with a rated power handling of 800 watts RMS. The enclosure also has a recess in the top to mount an amplifier.

The new Stealthbox model name and SKU are listed below: SB-GM-SLVCC4/12TW3 (SKU 94668)"

SB-GM-Silverado-IC-Seat-Down.jpg

SB-GM-Silverado-IC-Seat-Up.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The pics aren't showing up. And I clicked the link. It wants me to log in to MyGM. So unfortunately we can't see anything! But I'd like to!

I've actually been emailing with the owner of Subthump. He got his hands on a 2019 last weekend and already has a couple sub boxes in the works. I'm waiting for a reply from him. I asked for a single 10" sealed box for under the driver's rear seat. Said it shouldn't be a problem, and he also designed a double 10" with an amp space in the center, just like the one for the previous gen trucks. I'll update when I have something.

• Thanks 1